Michael C. Fina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michael C. Fina Interview Questions

2.6

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michael C. Fina (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

HR was pretty cool and just went through resume, then interview with the department heads who asked about experience and if none, then schoolwork. They made me fill out a long questionnaire about proper things to do at the work place, if taking a pen home is stealing, and other similar questions.

Interview Questions

• They should have asked, how comfortable are you with customer service?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Michael C. Fina.

Interview

The interview went well. I first met with HR who gave me a background of the company. Then i met with the manager, and then the director. They described the position along with the responsibilities. They asked about my past experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michael C. Fina.

Interview

Internally climbed the corporate later to my currect position. I have been with the company for many years so my initial interview was not related to my current job and role in the company

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute and bring to the company. As much as its such a standard question, I always try my best to come up with a unique great answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

very easy and quick

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michael C. Fina in June 2014.

Interview

I applied this job online on May 2014. A couple days later I got an phone call from the job website to schedule on-site interview time with the HR. I did personality test at the first. After passed the test I talked with the supervisor about the job details. Everything went through very well.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about supply chain?   1 Answer

Project Management - Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michael C. Fina (Long Island City, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted by phone from their HR job recruiter. I went to their LIC locations for a 1 on 1 where I spoke to their recruiter. I was then made to fill out paperwork with information that was already on my resume. I also was asked to take an IQ test. After this, I sat down with the recruiter for information on the position. The HR woman was very pleasant, but was not technical and had a hard time explaining exactly what the position entailed. Luckily, my would-be manager came in after about 30 minutes and gave a more detailed rendering of the job.

I was contacted about a week afterwards and was asked to come in for a second interview. This time, I met with the manager from before and the VP of Customer Experience. Both were very nice, but I had to go through the office space, which was a bit daunting due to the crowding and general uncleanliness of the space. After the meeting, I was asked to take an online personality test, then submit to a background/drug check through Sterling. I did so and, after about 2 weeks, was given an offer.

The recruiting process was the most enjoyable part of working at Michael C. Fina. Everything went downhill from there.

Interview Questions

• None. The interview was mostly questions about my resume and talking about the position. If I had to pick one, it would be "what are you most proud of when it comes to your work careers".   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little wiggle room, since vacation days are set (2 weeks, starting after your first year) and benefits aren't even explained until 3 months in. Salary is low with promises of raises that do not materialize.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michael C. Fina (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

There was an initial phone call, then two in-person meetings. The meetings were in their offices, in Queens. There was also a drug test and background check that needed to be completed.

Interview Questions

• There were standard interview questions. "Why work here, Why did you leave your last job, What do you hope to accomplish," etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michael C. Fina (Long Island City, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

After reading some of the NEGATIVE reviews on Glassdoor about this company, I was a bit concerned, but I still went in for the interview. What a MISTAKE. Complete WASTE of time! The interview lasted 2 1/2 hours! 30mins to complete an application and Wonderlic exam. First with the HR manager who was nice, but was new to the field of HR, then I met with HR and VP of team. Wow, another two clueless HR folks. After jibber-jabbing with them for 2 hours, I taught it was a done deal-i had the job. After two days, I sent a thank you letter. It's been two weeks later and still no response from them. Talk about unprofessionalism, not even common courtesy to let the candidate know they are still looking. I have been in HR for 10 years now , and I always reply to thank you letters of candidates with complete honesty. Well, the story here is, that I found a better opportunity... Harry Winston! This company is a great one! Michael C. Fina is NOT a good company to work for. Look at their ratings and reviews on here, if I would have listened to them, I would have saved myself time wasted!

Very, very, very unprofessional. I feel sorry for those who work here.

Interview Questions

• none, they were simple standard, "tell me about yourself" questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michael C. Fina (Long Island City, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

After I applied online, I soon heard from the company HR department for an interview. When I got there, the HR assistant took me in and told me to fill out a form which asks for my past experience, basic biographical information, and why the company should hire me. Then after that, I was given a 12 minute quick intelligence test composed of basic verbal and math questions such as "observing this patter, which number comes next?" or "which word does not belong?". The test is administered in a way that people are not expected to finish. After that is a brief chat with the interviewer talking about experiences listed on resume, what the company does. I don't remember if other questions were asked. After speaking with him, I was then brought to interview with my potential supervisor. As the interviewer was touring me around, he mentioned that the interns get paid a stipend for $150/week and is to work from 8am-5pm. Oh yea, a background check is also conducted.

Interview Questions

• Not one of the most difficult questions, but I was asked "Why should we hire you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

When the interviewer informed me that I am accepted, he was expecting me to take the offer on the spot. I asked him another day for consideration.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michael C. Fina (Long Island City, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

The initial interview took place by phone and then I was called in to interview the same HR individual in person. After completing the interview with the HR recruiter, I had to take a 20-min test which was basically an IQ/Intelligence test. I was then taken to interview with the Controller and Accounts receivable supervisor. My final interview was with the CFO.

It's a laid back work environment, but the office setting (temperature and equipment) is poor.

Your best is never good enough, they want more.

A Technical Support Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Michael C. Fina (Long Island City, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Summary: This company has all the signs of bad management, and work-more-pay-less strategy (aka slave the employee).

Full: First phase was an initial phone screening. The second phase was a 1:1 onsite interview. The 1:1 onsite interview was bit of a joke because they gave me enough paperwork that took about 35 minutes to complete, including IQ test, requirement of a full page on "why i wanted to work there", requirement to re-write all the information that is already on my resume. The kicker is I was interviewing for a very technical role, and the interviewer, a woman, was as NON-technical as they come, and instead of being engaging, she just nodded and took notes. That was killing me. Folks, the worst interview you will ever go on are the ones where people just nod and take notes, instead of engaging with request for clarification, more information, or to challenge your response. In any event, after not hearing back from this company 3 days after the interview and then stumpling upon this website's reviews, everything made sense, and I sent an email stating that I wanted to withdraw my candidacy.