Michigan State University Federal Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (New York, NY).

Interview

I had one phone interview, which I discussed why I wanted the position and some other basic interview questions. The next interview was in-person with an HR representative and the manager of the team. One final in-person interview with the team manager and two team members.

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Straight forward. Everyone was very friendly. I got a call to schedule an in person interview, no phone interview at all. I was interviewed with two hiring managers. We discussed technical skills and they asked me about my experience. I was surprised at the fact that I wasn't asked to solve any specific technical problems while there... then again I din't get the job so maybe I blew it early. :*(

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you experienced a set back while working on a project. (Pretty standard stuff)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (East Lansing, MI).

Interview

Met campus recruiter and sent resume, had a 1 on 1 phone call with someone from HR running through my resume and some basic questions about myself. Then had another interview a few weeks later with HR and a manager with more behavioral questions and why I want to work for them.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (East Lansing, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the overall process took about a month from applying to receiving the offer. It started with a phone interview just a couple of days after I applied, after the phone interview with HR, I was immediately invited to an in person interview with HR and two Regional Managers, which was scheduled about two weeks out. On my way home from that interview I received an email inviting me to a final interview with the VPs. A few days after the interview I was contacted by HR with an offer I could not refuse. Meeting with the Regionals and VPs was a bit intimidating but I tried to remain confident in my answers and my experience, it payed of! They were very flexible when working with me around some pre existing commitments and selecting a start date. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, I can't wait to get started!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at MSUFCU?   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I applied, the next day got an email from the HR Business Partner. We set up a call for the following week. Then we set up a first interview for the following week. Then we had a final interview the following week. It was the most smooth, efficient, timely, and positive interview experience I've had.

Interview Questions

• Behavior/Experience based questions. I was asked to develop a sample training program. Questions about myself, strengths, and why I wanted the position.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (East Lansing, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

My interview experience at MSUFCU was horrible. The person interviewing me barely paid any attention to me during the interview and was texting while I was answering questions. The person also rarely made eye contact with me and kept looking around me outside in the hallway. I have never been in an interview where the interviewer was so rude.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (Lansing, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

About a month from application to response for interview. There was a telephone interview from HR. About 2 weeks later a 1:1 interview with HR and the department manager. About 2 weeks later I was personally telephoned to let me know I was not receiving an offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (Lansing, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. The first was a phone screening and took around 15 minutes. The second was an in person interview with an HR representative on site in Lansing. The last was an in person interview with two hiring managers in Lansing, with an online skills assessment before hand. Both in person interviews took around 45 minutes and were very insightful about the workings of MSUFCU. I was turned down after the third interview and was told if they had moved forward with me there would be yet another interview.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (East Lansing, MI).

Interview

The interview consisted of a Phone Screen, and 2 face-to-face interviews at their headquarters. The first in-person interview was with one HR Generalist, and it was more of a laid back and relaxed atmosphere. The second in-person interview was with three HR Generalists, it was a little intimidating. However, they were very friendly and attentive. The first in-person interview consisted of general introductory questions, and the second in-person interview consisted of behavioral interviews. So, when preparing for the behavioral interviews, know your STAR (Situation, Task, Action, and Results). For behavioral questions, know your stories for teamwork, customer orientation, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you came up with a creative solution to a problem in your past work.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (Auburn Hills, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online which took awhile before they called and scheduled a phone interview. Very selective in the hiring process but open and transparent with the process. Started with a phone interview and then called me back to schedule and 1:1 interview in person.