Michigan Technological University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michigan Technological University Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Technological University.

Interview

I had a meeting with my advisor to talk about the project objectives, overall idea, and schedule. After one semester close observation of my work quality, my advisor decided to hire me to do his research assistant for a $300,000 WaterReuse founded project.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michigan Technological University.

Interview

Online Application to the University Program Director, Meeting with the advising Professor, General Behavioral Questions, Conceptual Questions on the regarding subject, Work load discussions and clarifications, Office hours scheduling, Preparatory material

Interview Questions

• Conceptual questions on the subject   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan Technological University (Houghton, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Submit resume online and contented the hiring professor via email to show my interest.
    The professor responded my emails and then scheduled an call. Then onsite to visit his group, it was good experience.

One week later, received the offer letter from him.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply for this postdoc?
      Introduce your PHD dissertation?
      How to work with his student   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michigan Technological University (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview from Texas, very easy and helpful. Asked about basic skills and availability. Was offered the job later than they said they would, but I accepted anyway. This was an interview for a position at their research institute in Ann Arbor, MI. No tricky questions were asked. Mostly just a skill review and confirmation of availability which was crucial for them because they were already behind on the project I was being hired for.

Interview Questions

Interview

My advisor called me without prior notice to discuss her field of research interest. The conversation took about 30 minutes and finally she said she would let me know her decision later. After a couple of weeks she got back to me via an e-mail to say she has picked me up to start a PhD program.

Student Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Michigan Technological University (Houghton, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview. It had a relaxed vibe and the interviewer was very nice. It was fairly short and I heard back the next day about my first day.

Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michigan Technological University (Houghton, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

About 30-45 minutes, talked mostly about my experiences as a student and what I loved most about the school and surrounding areas. There were several role play questions as well.

Interview Questions

• A parent asks about alcohol and college drinking. What is your response?   1 Answer

Custodian At Wads Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Michigan Technological University in November 2013.

Interview

No questions. Just left the emails to the person in charge and she responded to me several days later. I went to the office talking with her about the job details and asked me to finish some forms. That's all what I had to get the job. The process is quite easy and simple.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Michigan Technological University (Houghton, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

I emailed the chair of the department and scheduled a visit. During my visit, I was able to sit down with four professors in the school and briefly gave each an overview of my skills and interests.

Interview Questions

• Who's research are you interested in particularly?   1 Answer

Student Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michigan Technological University (Houghton, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

Three people asked questions about my experience. The questions were generally pretty straight-forward. Each person sat at a table around the room in a classroom in the library. They understood that you were a student and probably did not have a lot of experience as a student consultant/IT help desk person. They asked why you wanted the job and what experience you have helping people with technology.

Interview Questions

• What roles have you played in the Canvas Learning Management system?   1 Answer