MicroVention Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroVention (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took a long time. It started with a phone interview and they asked basic questions regarding my resume, lab experience and projects that I had worked on. Next after about 4 weeks I went onto a panel interview to to discuss the same list I just mentioned. Sadly, I did not receive the internship position due to "limited experience"....for an internship.

Interview Questions

• Mainly went over my resume. What I know about the company and medical devices.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MicroVention (Tustin, CA).

Interview

The entire interview process went very smoothly from beginning to end. I applied online and was reached out by the Sr. Recruiting Manager in setting up an interview almost right away. We scheduled a time to meet (which was fairly easy to coordinate) and I met with each member of the entire team that I would be working with. From this step, I felt like I gained insight on what the company culture was like from each of the individuals. Within the next week, I was reached out by the Sr. Recruiting Manager to notify me that they would start my background check and complete my reference checks. Upon a satisfactory result, I received an offer!

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my job duties were at my current employer and how I would be able to contribute to the team.   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Interview

Recommended by an ex co-worker who is currently employed at Microvention. Emailed resume to machine shop supervisor & got response immediately.
    A week later got an email from recruiter scheduled for a phone interview. Phone interview took 10’ not much questions asked. A week later got another email scheduled for on site interview. The interview went good, it took 2h with 4 people, including 2 machine shop supervisors, an engineer and a manufacturing director. some technical questions asked, all of them were professional & friendly. Got a good offer next day & accepted it immediately. Unfortunately, I made a big mistake by withdrawing at the last moment .
     To whom applying for a job and get an offer. Please listen to your gut feeling ,stay with what you believe over whatever.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroVention (Tustin, CA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by 1:1 interviews

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MicroVention?   1 Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MicroVention (Tustin, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed for a position that a quick resume review would have shown that I had nothing in common with the position in mind. Worse, they promised to pay me for travel expenses and they never did. During the actual interview, one of the interviewers not only asked for proprietary information of a competitor, but they had no hesitation in disclosing their own proprietary information. From the interview alone, you could tell that this company is managed very unprofessionally and has no sense of morals or ethics.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroVention (Tustin, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Easy, interviewed with 6 people and no real technical questions. Everyone was very nice and the process was pretty quick. I was right out of college so they were talking mostly about my internship experience and how I could apply it to Microvention.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Interview

Got an offered a full time position with assembly department after finishing my internship. Went in for an informal interview with night manager with a weird girl sitting in the corner ( later I was told she is the leader of all the leaders who is going to be a supervisor). I did not know her purpose of being there, she just kinda sat there to stare at me. The talk with night manager was very pleasant, but the leader made me very uncomfortable

Bad culture and no good value

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroVention in August 2017.

Interview

I was called back 2 days after I applied. I had 30 min phone interview with hiring manager. Later they scheduled Skype interviews with the same hiring manager, a principal engineer and director of operation.

Manufacturing Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroVention (Tustin, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks after I applied for the position. No Phone Interview. Only the on-site interview with four Engineers individually for 30 mins each. Many technical questions were asked.

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroVention (Tustin, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screen, got an email 3 days later inviting me to an on site interview. They scheduled it at 11AM, even though Tustin is a 5-6 hour drive away from where I lived. No offer of a hotel room or compensation for gas. It was a 3 hour long interview with 6 different engineers. About 1.5 hours in someone was nice enough to offer me some water. Then had to drive 5-6 hours back home. Never heard back...

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an assembly and a drawing in solidworks?   Answer Question
    • How would you compare your technical writing skills to those of your classmates?   Answer Question