Microchip Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Microchip Technology

HardAverageEasy
Found 246 candidate interviews
Featured Interview
Anonymous Employee in India
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (India)

Interview

Had two rounds of technical interview. Managerial and HR interview. Basics of CMOS design and digital design were covered. They were keen on basic concepts rather than advanced concepts. Basics of setup and hold timings

Interview Questions
  • VLSI basics and CMOS device operation
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I interviewed at Microchip Technology (India)

Interview

it was better than the normal interviw process as they trteat very polietly and efficiently and was testing our skills onto the most of the time with deligent manner

Interview Questions
  • previous projects what an in dividual has done
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Colorado Springs, CO) in Dec 2020

Interview

The interview consists of a phone screen interview with the hiring manager which is then followed by interview with the entire analog design team. Some digital knowledge would be nice to have.

Interview Questions
  • Basic device physics, region of operation etc.
Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Bangalore) in Dec 2020

Interview

There was a written MCQ round. It had questions from digital electronics, analog electronics and aptitude. It was followed by 2 rounds of technical interviews. Next, there was a Manegerial round and a HR round.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were asked on verilog and system verilog. Some famous puzzles and aptitude questions were asked. In manegerial round my errors of written round were discussed.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (India)

Interview

I had been interviewed for two different positions for Microchip Hyderabad. (There was a gap of 45days between each interview) For both interviews I was given an assignment that should be provided before the interview. In both interviews I had completed the assignment in time and demonstrated the same during the interview. Both interviews went well and the interviewers were happy with the answers during the interview. I had been interviewed from team members to Directors. I was not given any feedback although after many days. So, I had emailed the HRs in microchip multiple times in both interviews. Finally, after multiple remainders I got the revert back that my current experience does not suits for the position and they are looking for more experienced candidates for both the positions in the interviews. If they (Microchip) are not ok with the experience that the candidate has then why they had to screen the candidate for the interviews at first, then why to give the assignment (takes many days) which needs to be demonstrated for the interview, Why was the candidate interviewed by multiple people from the team members level to the director level. I was not happy with the feedback that they had provided after multiple interviews. Also, the feedback came after multiple back to back remainders.

Interview Questions
  • Few tasks before the interview and the test of knowledge in each skillset.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (United States) in Nov 2020

Interview

I was asked 4-5 random questions that came to his mind. He wasn’t prepared for them, he was making them up right away with the justification that if he can’t answer his own question, and it would be an unfair question. All the questions had nothing to do with ability of thinking or knowledge and if you hadn’t ever faced them real time, then you wouldn’t answer. I told him that the questions were biased cause you make them up based on your own experience and just ended the interview. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Memory management style questions with nothing specific, but still wanted an answer without ever accepting anything as he didn’t have a complete scenario on his head
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Bangalore) in Nov 2020

Interview

Asked about all the different data types in C in detail. Asked questions on interrupts and RTOS. Asked differences between memory storage in case of static and dynamic allocation. Asked to write any RTOS's code.

Interview Questions
  • List all the data types in C and tell whether volatile is a data type or a keyword
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Microchip Technology (United States)

Interview

It was good experience for me. First interview in United State.3 times Phone interview and 2 times onsite interview. I got basic questions and very technology questions. Need to study stuffs when you took major subjects.

Interview Questions
Microchip Technology
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (United States)

Interview

Had an Intial interview and 2 Technical Interviews. The technical round was for 2 hours and covered C, C++ , python and a bit of programming questions. Overall it was a good experience

Interview Questions
Microchip Technology
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Phoenix, AZ) in Sep 2020

Interview

phone interview took place about forty minutes. Started with self introduction about themselves. Started with the technical interview with a question about blocking and non-blocking statements and setup and hold time questions.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 246