Microchip Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microchip Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview for about 45 minutes. Interviewer asked a couple of behavioral questions and a few technical questions. The technical questions were mostly based on digital design. Behavioral questions : 1) Describe a moment where you had to think out of the box.
    2) A situation where you used your engineering skills outside of college and work.

Interview Questions

• 1)What circuit would be generated based on a verilog code.
      2) Circuit design using logic gates.
      3) MOSFET related questions.
      Answer Question

Test Chip Validation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Talked to four engineers all from different departments. Was shown the lab, and was asked questions mostly about my projects. Was also asked a few technical questions as well. The whole process took about half a day.

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology in March 2017.

Interview

A 90 mins phone interview, asks very common questions from software to hardware.

Basically you have to have a very strong and broad understanding of the entire VLSI area in order to do well in the interview

Interview Questions

• Coding in C to output Fibonacci   1 Answer

Product Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with a number of people on the team. They asked me questions about information from my resume and some basic technical questions such as gate operation and some coding questions. Then I was asked questions about the products that they are handling so that they got a feel for how familiar I was with the technology that they were dealing with.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work alone or in a team.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview (About 35 minutes).
    Few weeks later, a full day (about 7 hours) on-site interview was setup. Full day interview was divided into following.
    1) 30 mins interview with HR
    2) 1:1 with Hiring Manager
    3) 1:1 with Sr.Manager
    4) Workflow test - basically, they gave a scenario and was asked to create a flowchart. Nothing too complex.
    5) Lunch with 3 team members
    6) Panel Interview - About 7 to 8 people
    8) 1:1 with VP
    9) 2 Part Quiz - Puzzle + SQL

Didn't get the offer. They never explained or communicated the reason for not selecting.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are in disagreement with your manager?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

I applied the position online. It took about 1 or 2 weeks. And I got two phone interviews, some technical questions and behavior questions. There is no questions no resume.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a scheduled phone call session with Principal Product Engineer where an exchange of information was done. Later, other managers interviewed through the phone. I was explained what all tasks (typical analog validation) I have to do when I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Everything was regarding my Resume. They asked about my projects and past experience.   Answer Question
    • How good are you in LabVIEW? What are repeatability and Reproducibility?   Answer Question

Reliability Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology in January 2017.

Interview

I received a call from the hiring manager out of the blue. He conducted an impromptu phone screen, wherein he asked about my technical skills, lab experience, and grades, as well as some more personal questions (i.e. What's the last book you read?). He called back a few hours later to schedule my in-person interview later in the week.
    The in-person interview consisted of four rounds, each lasting about 30 minutes. Three were with the supervising engineers, one of which was the hiring manager himself. There weren't any real difficult questions, mostly just going over my resume. I was also shown the work area, and taken to meet some of the team members. The final interview was with HR, just basic psychological questions, a quick rundown of pay and benefits. Finally, I was asked to provide a list of references.
    However, despite being told that they would be in touch (which is admittedly a red flag), I never received any other communication: no calls, no emails, no letters.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time in which you had to think outside the box"   Answer Question

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

They just want you to take a test for basic reading and math. Once passed they will have you put on a clean suit to see if its something your comfortable wearing

Ncg Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with HR with behavioral questions, then had an all day interview with other engineers who had a lot of technical questions. Went to lunch with manager and his co-workers mid-day. Very nice environment