Microdesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microdesk (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Lightning fast, straightforward interview process. I was so used to employers dragging their feet and not being responsive, that I was almost suspicious that this was too good to be true! I was literally contacted to schedule a phone screening the day after applying. I was contacted for a second phone interview with the hiring manager maybe a day after the first interview. Then only a day or so after that, I was scheduled for the in-person. My in-person interview was on a Friday, and I received an offer by Monday.

I had never experienced anything like it. The initial phone screening was very fast, with what seemed like pre-planned questions. I almost thought they weren't interested in me, because it was so to-the-point, but I now realize that the recruiters at Microdesk are just busy and know what they're looking for. The second phone interview and the in-person with the hiring managers were more conversational, which makes sense because they were the ones I would actually work with.

Even had I not gotten the job, I would still give this process 5 stars. They were very considerate of my time and quick with feedback. Do yourself a favor and apply!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Microdesk?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Microdesk (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and was quickly contacted by an external recruiter from a staffing agency for a phone screen. After our initial conversation I was passed over to the internal team and spoke with a Microdesk recruiter. It was a very straightforward conversation discussing my background and experience, as well as going over the role and the company. The next stage was a phone interview with the hiring manager (in this case the CEO), which was also a very quick conversation. After this call I was invited for an in person interview at the office in NYC with the CEO and also met with additional members of the organization (i.e. Director of Marketing).

Overall, I was impressed by how quick and seamless their interview process was. I was constantly updated by both the internal and external recruiting teams and appreciated by their accessibility. Their hiring process is very indicative of the company culture and that made me feel very comfortable moving forward with them. Overall, one of the best recruitment experiences I have had.

Interview Questions

• How do you source candidates? What applicant tracking systems do you use? Discuss your recruiting metrics, especially rate of hire etc.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microdesk (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process with Microdesk was fairly straightforward. First stage was an online application via the company website, HR screening call, call with the local Regional Manager, and a video conference with executives was the final stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• What is your average deal size?   1 Answer

Director of Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Approximately 45 minutes of typical internet interview questions. For the role, I was expecting something more, but it appeared that they might have been restructuring and the role seemed to be a moving target. The interview was delayed about 4 times with little to no notice. I had heard some negative things about Microdesk during my research, but on the surface I didn't really see anything atypical from a large company with a lot of moving pieces. I would recommend giving them a shot, and if your really interested in the company... make sure that your leading the follow-up efforts or you might get lost in the shuffle.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of something that you had to overcome   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microdesk.

Interview

Hired by Recruiter that really did not know my exact role for this position. Thought I would be doing more consulting work but they have doing something Im just not comfortable with anymore. Typically normal interview questions were asked, nothing new there.

IT SystemS/CRM Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microdesk (Nashua, NH) in April 2015.

Interview

Was initially contacted by internal HR Recruiter and had a short pre-screen. Had 3 subsequent phone interviews with different layers of management, ending with an in-person interview with 4 people.
    After 5 total interviews and 70 days start to finish, received an email letting me know that another candidate had been selected.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous CRM implementation experience   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microdesk (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Extremely open and comfortable. The interviewer asked questions that definitely focused on my technical ability as well as my communicative skills to solve issues in various environments.
    The interviewer was clear on what the position was entailing and clearly explained what the tasks would be for the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed a production team and how were you able to deal with difficult issues within your team?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microdesk in March 2014.

Interview

I actually got 2 interviews. A spur of the moment interview that was over the phone while walking home and then an in-person interview. The spur of the moment interview was pretty good, since it really didn't allow you to prepare at all so when you answered the question it was truly with honest answers. The in-person interview was the typical questions like "Why do you want to work at Microdesk?" "What programs do you know?" "Do you believe you are a good teacher?" All questions that truly relate to the job. As long as you come in with a positive demeanor and you seem very outgoing, can speak (It is a consulting position), and know some programs you will be a good fit.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microdesk (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by hiring staff, who then set up a phone interview with manager. The face to face interview went very smooth and to the point. Skills were tested with credible and relevant software. Very professional questions and attitude. Made me feel comfortable and relaxed about the whole process.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't! Just make sure you don't lie because even if you don't know, they train you for what they need you to do if you are a good candidate   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was as reasonable as could be...I was pleased!

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microdesk (Nashua, NH) in December 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with 7 people of various levels. I was a relaxed interviewed process set up over a couple of weeks... question were obviously focused on issues they had with the previous person in the position. some was done in person and some via Video conferences. The offer didn't take long to follow.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a particular question that surprised me or was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

both salary and vacation