MidAmerican Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MidAmerican Energy

2.7

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MidAmerican Energy in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, which took about 45 mins. Got a call for an in person interview after about a week. In person interview was about an hour long with two people.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MidAmerican Energy.

Interview

Short. One phone interview, job offered after 3 questions. Talked with VP on phone for 30 minutes, talked about experiences and relevant course work, testing some general knowledge and fit for the group of full-time employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had different goals than the rest of your team.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MidAmerican Energy.

Interview

Following the career fair, I took part in an on campus interview with a junior member of the company, where we went over basic responsibilities and structuring of the program. This was followed by a phone interview with a hiring manager which was more personality and job based.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience wherein you worked with another individual who was not doing their fair share, and what you did to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Benefits Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MidAmerican Energy (Des Moines, IA) in June 2013.

Interview

Went smoothly. And they have focused in a question on how to deal with an attitude problem employee. How do deal with multi-calls dealing with 10500 employees. If multi-tasking is alright with me. Looks like they were busy enough. Some kinds of laid back employees in the office room. However, it is located at almost upper level of RUan Building. So nice!

Interview Questions

• Went smoothly. And they have focused in a question on how to deal with an attitude problem employee   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MidAmerican Energy (Des Moines, IA) in February 2013.

Interview

First interview was on the phone with the hiring manager. Mostly behavioral questions and basic questions about courses. Second interview was an in-person interview with the supervisor. Questions with the supervisor were more technical but very casual too. Had a little tour of the place after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MidAmerican Energy in November 2016.

Interview

Standard phone call to inform you about the opportunity to interview. Set up date and time. Prepare for about 1 to 2 hours of interview time. If you are accepted you will receive a offer letter and a description of the benefits within a couple days. Answer questions honestly and with as much detail as possible. The more you can talk the better.

Interview Questions

• Describe A situation when you were working in a group and one member was unwilling to assist in meeting the teams goals.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MidAmerican Energy.

Interview

Very nice, low pressure interview considering the two men were very easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable. Behavioral questions for the most part, was asked about my favorite and least favorite course works as well

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MidAmerican Energy (Des Moines, IA) in April 2017.

Interview

Asked questions about various experiences and how I dealt with them. About 20 minutes of these types of questions. At the end, questions were opened up about the company or the role.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to improvise when your plan didn't work out.   Answer Question

Plant Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MidAmerican Energy (Council Bluffs, IA) in June 2013.

Interview

There were two people doing the interview. They were very friendly and told me to just relax and that the interview was going to be pretty laid back, which it was. They didn't really have technical questions that they asked. They just wanted to know about me and what I had done in the past that would make me qualified to work here. They also explained a little bit about what I would be doing in the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you would be a good fit for the position?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer I - Supply Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MidAmerican Energy (Muscatine, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and also through career fair at my university. It took almost 2 months for them to get back to me. The interview was on phone and it mostly based on behavioral. Heard back from them after a week about 2nd round interview which is going to be on site.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an infamous decision you made and what were the consequences?   1 Answer