Miller Cooper & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Miller Cooper & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2017

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Miller Cooper & Co.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Miller Cooper & Co..

Interview

The interview process as a whole was truly a great experience. Those scheduled to meet me were very flexible and considerate of my time, which was much appreciated. I was impressed by the level of professionalism while at the same time offering a laid back and "get to know you" kind of attitude. I was blown away by fantastic personalities at all levels and truly felt they were interested in really learning about me and how I could be of value to the firm. I had a great feeling from start to finish and they all made what can be a nervous and anxious situation very comfortable and inviting!

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Miller Cooper & Co..

Interview

I had my first interview on campus and then was invited back to the office for final rounds. The final round consisted of a two part event, a pre-night social hour and then office interviews.

The pre-night did a GREAT job exemplifying the family like culture of the Firm. I interacted with a group of people that at the time didn't know consisted of 3 partners, one of which was the audit department head. I was amazed at how approachable and down to earth the partners were and it instantly drew me in. The group of folks took small jabs (verbal not physical ;) at each other but you could tell it was all in good fun. They also exemplified encouragement and support through their actions and words - it felt like being in an actual family!

The next day was the final round office visit. I interviewed with 3 different people (mix of partners and senior managers), sat in on a panel discussion with senior/supervisors, went to lunch with staff, and got a tour of the office, where just in passing people would say hello or smile.

The interviews were more of casual conversation than behavioral, which really helped ease the typical anxiety you feel when interviewing.

All in all, it was a solid experience that really helped me determine if I could see MYSELF there just as much as if THEY could see me there.

I received an offer not long after the interview (less than week) and verbally accepted on the spot!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miller Cooper & Co. (Urbana, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university and got an on campus interview a week later.Behavioral and conversation based. Interview went relatively smoothly, however got an email 2 hours later saying I wouldn't receive a second round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miller Cooper & Co. (Deerfield, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

30 min in-person interview at the school then three 30 min interview on site. There were no behavioral questions. There was a social event to get to know the staff the day before the second interview at Dave & Busters. There was a group panel and tour of the Deerfield office. The interview itself was pretty chill.

Interview Questions

• This was mostly conversational questions like "What would you do if your in-charge asked you to take on another project when you already have a full work-load?"   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Miller Cooper & Co. (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviews were fairly easy. My first interview was over the phone and very short (~15 mins) and I received an email to visit the Chicago office for the 2nd round interviews the next day. At the Chicago office, I interviewed with 3 people. They had a panel for questions and took the interviewees out to lunch. After all the interviews, MCC took us out for a socializing event where we met other managers, senior managers, and partners. Everyone was very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose public accounting over private?   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite subjects in school? And what are your least favorite?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Miller Cooper & Co. in February 2015.

Interview

Frequent emails back and forth. Phone screening, then one on one with management and senior management. Nice office and nice people. Cared about work life balance. I can't think of much else to say. It was an easy going interview. Be sure you wear a business suit, very formal office environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome obstacles?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miller Cooper & Co..

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, followed by an office visit at the location of my choice. Entire process was very relaxed and they did a great job making all of the interviewees feel comfortable. Interviewers seemed genuinely interested which I really appreciated given that the interviews took place during busy season. Overall very enjoyable and laid back process.

Tax Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miller Cooper & Co. (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was excellent. Everyone was extremely professional and went out of their way to answer any questions I had. I had the opportunity to meet several senior managers and one of the partners and had a great experience with each of them. Based on the interview, it seemed like Miller Cooper would be an excellent place to work.

Interview Questions

• Have you managed junior employees at your current firm?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Miller Cooper & Co. (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

The senior managers in charge of hiring were very welcoming and friendly. Highly recommended.

Interview Questions

• How has your prior experiences benefited you to help you with this position?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miller Cooper & Co. (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

They had a audit manager come to campus to do interviews. It was a pretty laid back interview and the manager was very personable. They did not ask any behavior based questions, the interview was more of a conversation. The manager seemed like a younger guy and made the whole process pretty comfortable.