Miller Heiman Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Miller Heiman Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Miller Heiman Group

2.4

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple Terrace, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Miller Heiman Group (Temple Terrace, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on the company's website, received a screening call from their in-house recruiter, took an assessment (comprised of personality questions, best/worse answers for several scenarios, ability based math and reading questions) was scheduled for a phone interview with the Director of Client Services, and then was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with the director. Within three days of my face-to-face interview, I was extended an offer of employment.

You are made aware of the salary and any bonuses during the initial screening call. In my case, the recruiter followed up with me every step of the way and (I truly believe) was genuinely interested in receiving feedback about my experience during the process.

Interview Questions

• The best part about this interview process was the way I was interviewed...there were not many "traditional" interview questions. During the initial screening process, I was asked about my background and the recruiter asked follow-up questions to get to know me. The other interviews were more informative in nature and I asked questions and added input as we dialogued; it was a very "human" experience. The company seems to value getting to know its candidates and treats them thusly, which is a part of the reason I accepted their offer for employment.

Be prepared, however, for questions like "What are your strengths/weaknesses?" and have targeted questions that show you have researched the organization. Be an active listener and listen for opportunities to add in your experiences and value as you dialogue. If you have not worked with a cohesive, supportive team before, be prepared to explain how you will do so, as being a supportive team player is crucial in this role.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miller Heiman Group.

Interview

HR Phone recruiter screening, then in-person and phone interviews with potential supervisors. It was very straight-forward and a standard interview process. Must take and pass an hour-long online screening test to test for personality, IQ, cognitive abilities, etc.

Interview Questions

• Job-related discussion from previous positions and how that relates to future position.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Miller Heiman Group (Reno, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

The process was very straightforward in the 1:1 interview. Because I had done well, I was asked to take a simple online test to see where my strengths were and how they might fit with the team. I asked, "so, it this something like the Myers-Briggs?" To which the interviewer replied "yup, similar to the Myers-Briggs, but a little bit different."

I went back to my office, closed the door and launched the test. The chummy avatar told me it would take about 30 minutes to go through the process. Okay I thought, that's about what the M-B takes. No problemo. I breezed through the personality part and hit the next section button...which struck me as odd.

Next, I was hit with a barrage of word problems. The moment I had to brush off my old high school algebra to figure out how long it would take train x to make it to the station before train y, I knew without a doubt that this was not a personality test and that I had been hoodwinked.

Survived the math and then moved on to spatial reasoning, followed by visual/perceptual skills, and then a good bit of logical reasoning skills. It was around here I thought about calling uncle, but I was too far in. Plus, I'm no quitter. I went on to do some pattern recognition for giggles and grins and finished off with verbal intelligence...

There is nothing like thinking you are going to spend a half hour choosing between talking to strangers or sitting silent in the corner, and in reality you end up up to your elbows in an IQ test...good times...

Unspecified Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Miller Heiman Group.

Interview

Initial screening by HR recruiter, then mix of phone and in-person interviews with hiring manager, upper and lateral managers, and individual contributors. Took close to a month to coordinate schedules and conduct all the interviews, but it was done very professionally, and with consideration of my own schedule.

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience in this kind of role?   Answer Question
    • Why this firm and what interest you about the position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about significant successes that you’ve had in your career and some challenges that you faced and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Miller Heiman Group in November 2014.

Interview

Quick response to my application. Interview by a recruiter who, at the time, had been with the company for only a week. Couldn't offer me many insights in to the company culture. It's been over a month and still no word, despite my frequent follow-up messages.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic screening questions. Nothing too technical.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miller Heiman Group in May 2016.

Interview

First contact with a recruiter where I applied for one role but was targeted for the original plus an additional role within the parent company. I had a great rapport with the recruiter but the interview with the hiring manager fell flat. He sounded distracted and disinterested throughout the entire conversation and wouldn't say much, and then I received the feedback that I talked too much? The interview with the parent company went much better however the recruiter has left me without any closure after I've followed up repeatedly. I'm moving on and I suppose so are they.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your interview from oldest to most recent while I sit here and ignore you while I answer email...   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Miller Heiman Group (Denver, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

The process was informal and done through in-person, phone and group interviews. HR was not involved and I met directly with the hiring manager. Group interviews were conducted via phone with people in Reno and they didn't feel very prepared. I spoke mainly of my previous experience and the questions were leading.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were very informal, and the questions were leading. I didn't feel unprepared for any of the questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable but title was. I got the title that I desired.

Senior Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Miller Heiman Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional behaviour which is completely against the company's alleged ethos and what they claim to be "best in class" in training out.

Very one sided call w recruiter in Chicago (80/20 group) during which he advocated their corporate strategy etc. Online testing session. Very brief and informal telephone call with local manager. All positive, was told we would have next phase quickly. Nothing happened. Emails and calls to both characters over next two weeks were completely ignored. Office staff extremely rude to me when I called in via that route. The same role is being advertised again under another (lower pay grade) job title.

One day Ill be sitting with a purchase order for training worth a few hundred thousand dollars. I think we know who won't be getting that...

Interview Questions

Miller Heiman Group Response

Dec 7, 2016 – Manager of Sales Talent Acquisition

Hi there- I manage sales recruiting here at Miller Heiman, and I’m so sorry that you had a negative interview experience. I would very much like to discuss in more detail with you. Please feel free... More

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miller Heiman Group (Arlington, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

30 min phone call. Spoke with HR rep first. Gave an overview of the company and the great benefits they offer. Received a phone call from hiring manager giving a highlevel overview of the position and received questions about relative experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an overview of your experience   1 Answer

Interview

Three to four people interview you separately. You take several tests -- a personality test, a skills test. You have to tell your story again and again. They say they want you to be part of a team but it doesn't work out that way. Every one does their own thing. The interviewers wear business clothes. the workers wear t-shirts, blue jeans and shorts. There is lots of pressure. The building is very dark.

Interview Questions

• They want to know all about what you do badly. and why they should not hire you. what are your weaknesses. what did you do wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they tell you the salary. they do not give options.