Mincom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mincom Interview Questions

3.2

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mincom.

Interview

Standard questions on background and fit for role. Previous skills that met the role requirements, different languages. looking for people to be both onsite and offsite backup for consultants. Provide examples of work and how you worked with others

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Why did you leave your last job?
      How did you manage a stressful situation that came up?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mincom in June 2010.

Interview

Detailed discussions with senior management. Extensive network validation. Open and honest disclosure of job needs. A good process.

Interview Questions

• Questions around my personal cosulting style. Asking me to be specifc about how I chose to approach clients and situtaions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple.

Communications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mincom (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2009.

Interview

I had first applied the job online from JobStreet.com. I received an email from the team leader of the network & security team for an interview. The first interview started with the written skills test where they tested concepts on data and voice networking. After I finished the written test, the team lead discussed the questions with me. I was then called for a second interview with the general manager & director to discuss on salary, employee benefits and etc.

Interview Questions

• As a consultant to a company, you will have to plan the TCP/IP network company that has a network address of 172.17.255.0. You determine that the network will need nine subnets. Which subnet mask will provide the highest number of hosts per subnet?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the date to start as I had to give 1 month notice for my previous company. I had also asked for 5k and only agreed after the general manager & director said that I will receive an additional 800 for on-call work.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mincom (Brisbane (Australia)) in May 2008.

Interview

Initial phone interview with area manager was followed up by a panel meeting of executive level managers, some were connected by telephone. Mainly concerned about Project Management experience and proposed fairly simple PM scenarios. This interview was foillowed up by a personality interview a couple of days later. This was very much a company fit meeting over a cup of coffee where the cons of Mincom business experiences were detailed. Final meeting was with the vertical VP who mainly talked about himself.

Interview Questions

• Would you be prepared to work in remote areas despite the dangers>   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salaries are fairly set but you can negoriate up 5%. Do this as they are poor in salary reviews after being hired,