Mindojo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mindojo

3.1

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mindojo (Remote, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

They contact you in a rush, many technical interviews, not scope defined in them not related with the fields of expertise of the interview.
    They say "we want to know how you think".
    Never came back to me after 2 technical interviews.
    Wasted days of work for not a single answer. I would not recommend you to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• I am not gonna share, but poorly defined algorithms in both cases   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindojo in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via a form email that was supposedly from the CEO via a jobs board asking me to apply. I submitted my CV and then received an email from someone in HR that may have also been the hiring manager...because their linkedin profile showed them in a different job than HR. That email requested a completion of a brief questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• Self-timed "critical thinking" questions with a few excel pivot table problems thrown in.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindojo (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

They wanted me to fill out a survey - in looking at past feedback on the survey it revolved around excel and pivot tables for project management. - Was not interested in that.

Interview Questions

• Fill out Survey - evaluation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mindojo (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Skype interview, discussing past experience, general personality fit etc conducted by CEO. What's said in the interview was as important as what is not said. Seemed to be assessing whether the candidate was a good psychological fit, didn't discuss my experience so much, instead grilled my referees. Which was perfectly OK. I had nothing to hide in terms of performance or the truth of my CV claims. Took 30 mins from memory.

Interview Questions

• What direction do you see education taking in the future   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, open to negotiate but they hire internationally, you're negotiating again a global workforce.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Interviewed directly with CEO, Skype call. The call lasted between 40-60 mins, within that time I was queried more about how I manage than the direct skills of my CV. It was so long ago that I don't remember specific queries but I do remember that I was enjoying the challenge of being grilled.

Interview Questions

• The question was more to suss if I was a good fit for the work team, the CV spoke for itself   1 Answer

Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mindojo (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted online through Skype. The company is based in Israel and thus, it makes sense to have a Skype interview. The process of setting up the interview was very simple. I had to select a time on the CEO's calendar. Then he sent me a his Skype ID and I sent mine. He called me on the specified time. We talked for about 15 minutes. He asked me about my area of specialization, by academic background. He explained the project and what he wants to do within the next year or so. Afterwards, he told me to submit a writing sample.

Content Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mindojo in June 2015.

Interview

Asked to write a problem similar to those required for the job. Then had two subsequent interviews with standard questions. The entire process was very quick and I received pretty much immediate feedback.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindojo (Remote, OR) in April 2019.

Interview

Someone contacted me asking me to do an online assessment to test my math and logic skills before proceeding to the next step. The assessment has nothing to do with writing, if you're curious.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a link to a math and logic test. The test is a bunch a generic practice questions from tests like the GMAT or SAT. You can easily Google the answers to these questions. This sort of evaluation has nothing to do with writing, perhaps an assessment about strategy and grammar would be a better indicator of a writer's capabilities.   1 Answer

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mindojo (Remote, OR).

Interview

I submitted the Google forms application to apply for the Content Writer position, and about a week later received an email that stated I moved to the next stage of the application process. The email had short, vague instructions along with a link to complete a “quick assessment” that should take no more than 20 minutes to complete. Before I took the assessment, I did some research on the company and read some mixed reviews that made me a bit skeptical about the stability of the position. However, as is expected in my character, I decided to move forward and complete the assessment. Generally, I don’t have a problem with aptitude tests or assessments as part of an interview process, but when I realized the context of the questions had to do with probability word problems, I was pretty surprised and stressed! Now, my background is in teaching and writing, and that is where my strength lies - it has never been and will never be in math (as is the case with most writers, in my experience). I understand the position entails writing content for educational courses (math included), but a large part of successfully writing for context you are not well versed in is dependent on having time to research and learn that content so that you can essentially write, or teach, it. But in the case of the application, I did not appreciate being expected to know and apply probability formulas to decode word problems. I completed the test (and took much longer than 20 minutes to do so) and likely bombed it, but I was more disappointed that I had wasted my time. If the company had divulged some information up front that candidates had to be well-rounded in math, I most certainly would not have applied. As an educational company, filtering out potential employees by this blanket assessment, is not conducive to how many people learn or demonstrate intelligence ability.
    Needless to say, I didn’t get invited for an interview, but I’m not surprised. I really disliked that test, and would not have been suited for a company that sprung such surprises on people. All this to say - please be more upfront about what’s expected and/or write your test to be a more accurate assessment of writing and teaching abilities.

Interview Questions

• Word problems like the type you would encounter in a probability and statistics math class.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mindojo.

Interview

It was extremely quick. The rapport with the hiring manager and the product director was amazing. In less than a few days I was pushed through the process until the third interview. They have nailed a quick and efficient hiring process; I will give them that. Speaking about the UX, capabilities and market penetration was invigorating up until the interview with the CEO. To me culture is everything, and I appreciate not being a cultural fit for this organization after well over a decade in business. The CEO interview was intimidating, and not in a way that was productive. In many situations, interviews are a conversation about an individuals understanding of the organization and expectations on both ends. Unlike the first two individuals, when the third interviewer asked about improvements I would make or markets to penetrate, he seemed on the defense and discounted any knowledge confirming absolute perfection even though the product person confirmed and agreed with the same details in the 2nd interview. No company is perfect and that's what makes them unique. At that point, I decided to muster through as much as I could until the conversation closed. At that point my questions regarding organizational culture an ability to facilitate feedback was answered. Not an organization I would want to be a part of if collaboration and discovery are stifled in the interviews. It confirms my original fears I had as I read the Glassdoor reviews before interviewing. I thought there was a chance that it could have been miscommunicated when meeting with the first two pleasant individuals, but unfortunately, it did not ring true for the leadership's communication capabilities.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about our platform?
      What are your salary expectations?
      What would you improve?   Answer Question