Mississippi State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mississippi State University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.5

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mississippi State University in October 2016.

Interview

Applied via website. Was asked to come in to an interview. 3 staff members interviewed me over about 30 mins. Felt great about the interview. Odd questions about personality mostly. It's been 2 weeks and no call back yet. Hopefully I will receive a call at least telling me I am no longer considered. Being left in the dark is no fun..

Accounting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mississippi State University.

Interview

Behavioral Questions which was unusual for the position I applied for. I feel like they were too serious about my interview taking in consideration how much I was paid

Interview Questions

• How do you manage stress?
      What are your strength and weakness?
      Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mississippi State University.

Interview

Application process was smooth. Received prompt responses that helped me decide that I wanted to come here. Got funding early and decided to come here after interactions with my employer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mississippi State University (Starkville, MS) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on line (on the university employment website) followed by a phone interview with no advance warning (just a cold call). After the phone interview I was contacted again to schedule the face to face interview process. I was interviewed and after a week or so offered the position

Interview Questions

• Do I have a sense of Humor? I thought that was an odd question   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. I got a job offer and when I started to discuss the salary and benefits the answer was this the package. A three minute telephone call.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mississippi State University (Starkville, MS) in August 2015.

Interview

You apply online through their job site. The director contacts you and asks if you'd like to have an interview. It could be a phone interview first and then an in-person interview. Takes place in a conference room. Asks a short list of questions to gauge your experience and interest in the job. Lets you ask questions at the end.

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mississippi State University (Starkville, MS) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and laid back. They made feel very comfortable. It was a pretty average interview as far as the questions asked, but I felt more comfortable during this interview than any other interview I've been through. Also, some of the nicest people I've ever met were present during the process.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mississippi State University (Starkville, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

Very casual. We discussed what they were looking for and my particular set of skills towards the job. After discussing everything and being shown around, we talked about hourly pay. I then accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have with this type of software?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They pay student workers about what the state requires for minimum wage.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mississippi State University in February 2015.

Interview

In case of Graduate Research Assistant position, you will need to first get you graduate application approved. Then you are considered for these kind of position by faculty directly. They will email you if further details are needed. I was directly sent an offer letter. The faculty was very responsive and laid back throughout the process.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mississippi State University.

Interview

I was required to develop and present a 15-20 minutes presentation for the director of the office and a few of the other office members. It consisted of my background and how I planned to add value to the program. Afterwards, they asked questions for about 20-15 minutes.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mississippi State University (Starkville, MS) in June 2014.

Interview

You are typically interview in the Director's office face to face. He will ask you about your resume and why you wish to work for DASI. The Director is extremely nice and friendly and intelligent and knowledgeable. He is a passionate guy who will just try and see if you are a good fit and determine which project.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for DASI at Mississippi State University.   Answer Question