Mizuho Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mizuho (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Not an indication of what the role would be. People seemed nice at the time, but they turned out to be terrible. Soft-ball questions. Mostly listening to them talk.

Project Manager Back Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mizuho (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview went well with first three interviewer including the manager. Lots of behavioral questions. On my second interview with COO, was mostly about my approach for project management, examples in detail. The interview with the manager was sbout 1.5 hr, every interviewer must interview with COO.

Interview Questions

• He gave me a new project to clean windows, as a PM what would I do?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a weakness, then tell me another weakness?   1 Answer

Graduate Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mizuho (London, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

Didn't know it was a graduate position (referred by headhunter), withdraw after the first round but then got a call back from the head of team talking me back into the application. Then I did their online test, took a day off from work to go for their interview. Afterwards, won't even give me feedback! won't even reply my email. What in the world is this company doing. The very basic respect especially when they got me back into the process after my withdraw.

Leveraged Finance Origination Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mizuho (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Made it to second round. First interviews was 90 min instead of 60 min (be prepared that they will bring in a lot of people 1 by 1 if they like you). Standard background and motiviation and basic competency questions.

Second round: 5 hours instead of 3 hours. Met with the entirety of the team one by one save for 3 very junior analysts.

1 hour case study where I had a bit less than 30 min to look at an IM and then roughly half an hour discussion. Important: key strength and weaknesses of the credit and a lot of cash flow and impact on cash flow from different variables.

They are SUPER quick in getting back to you - I had the first invitation for second round interview within an hour of leaving number one, and the second response also within a few hours. I really appreciated that, HOWEVER:

After they had kept me in SIGNIFICANTLY longer both times I was very bummed that they then turned around and said no to me - the handful of technical things I could not answer were outshone by a lot of other things and were a non issue to pick up.

VERY PICKY, also heard that from another friend that interviewed in a different role.

Interview Questions

• Key technical things besides the standard credit case are:

- understanding of the mechanics of the line items in the three FS
      together with
      - mechanics of key financial metrics.

Things they asked included:
      - how does a drop in EBITDA affect WC
      - calculate the CFO and the FCF starting with EBITDA
      - an lot of the questions focus on EBITDA, WC, FCF and the development and mechanics of these numbers if you change a variable. These were the only tables I had in my case study, and ultimately these are the key things they care about.

Non technical things were also very concerned with the question how I think about the extreme amount of red tape in Japanese banks and not being a first mover in markets due to their risk aversity.   Answer Question