MobiTV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.8

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly similar to other companies. I applied through linked in then got call from recruiter, then phone screen(for one hour)
    -Typical Core java questions
    -Design questions
     then onsite interview.
    - about 4 hours
    - interviewed by 6 people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career fair and a few days later received a phone interview with a senior engineer. About a week later received the onsite invite. Onsite was at the Emeryville HQ where you will go through a series of interviews with different engineers reviewing everything from your past work experience to DS&A questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MobiTV.

Interview

Some brief conception question about java and android. For example, he asked some questions about inheritance, polymorphism, android lifecycle. etc. He also asked some questions about design pattern. For the coding part, he asked two simple questions, one is to reverse a string. And after a week, the recruiter asked me to attend their onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very friendly, straightforward, quick process. Standard phone screening, which led to a 3/4 hour onsite interview, where I got to meet the engineering team and interviewed with 2 of the engineers.

Interview Questions

• Some sample questions:
      1. how to traverse a BST: iteratively and recursively
      2. comparison between map and set and list classes   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

At the time, they were hiring at a fast rate so the interview process was just a phone interview. I got a call after my friend forwarded my resume to his manager. We talked for 30min over the phone and he was happy and brought me in.

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

- Got a call from technical recruiter. He asked me about my background.
    - After 2 days phone interview with the manager. He asked me some basic concepts about Java, MySQL and University projects.
    - I received a mail from recruiter after my telephone interview, saying they would like to schedule an onsite interview.
    - Onsite interview lasted for 3 hours.
    - 5 rounds of interview.
    - Received an offer after a week.

Interview Questions

• - Java and MySQL basics
      - Design question which involved doubly linked list and hashmap
      - Rotate an array
      - Design pattern
      - Some basic questions on mongodb.
      - College projects
      - Java 7 vs Java 8
      - Inorder traversal of bst
      - Sorting algorithm
      - Scalability problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They presented the product to me and introduced me to the technologies that they use. Afterwards, I met with two people from the server side team. I was asked java questions and basic programming questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to return whether or not a string is an anagram.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MobiTV in October 2014.

Interview

After finding the company in late September, the Corporate Recruiter emailed and called me about three days after to schedule an interview. I interviewed with the marketing specialist, the corporate recruiter on the first day, and then the Marketing Director a week later. It was fluid and fast: I applied and was hired in less than a month.

Interview Questions

• If I talked to one of your former employers, what would they say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MobiTV (Emeryville, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

At the beginning, I talked to Mobi TV at a career fair and Gregg Hansen got back to me within a week. There was a 4 hour long on-site interview with 3 employees.

Interview Questions

• Write a swap function without any temporary variables.

Make a ticketing scheduler (uses a queue). It should have a function to get the first and number of people, and a delete function.

Implement Binary Tree Search.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MobiTV in July 2013.

Interview

Interview process was seamless. Met with three people initially and then met with the Executive team for the second round of interviews. Provided refs and they were checked immediately. Started work a week later. Total red carpet service from beginning to hire!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not difficult. I had already stated my salary expectations before the interview process started.