Moffatt & Nichol Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Moffatt & Nichol

2.7

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Moffatt & Nichol in October 2012.

Interview

it was three step , phone and face to face
    the process was fairly easy.
    panel discussions were held
    it was group interview and at the end of the interview i met the whole team which was wonderful.
    the senior management is very courteous and helped transition
    they were clear in explaining the questions and patient enough to listen to the answers provided.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moffatt & Nichol.

Interview

Their recruiters came to the campus to interview civil engineering students. We just had to sign up on a piece of paper if we wanted an interview. I interviewed with them the next day for an internship. They were going to send my resume to their human resources offices and then HR would find the right match for different offices.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were normal. What do you know about the company? When I was face with a hard situation and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moffatt & Nichol (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and interviewed with the head of the Atlanta office. The interview was very very laid back, nothing like a stereotypical interview. We mostly talked about bew developments around Atlanta and some if the latest funding bills for infrastructure that were voted in by referendum by the city in the latest elections.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a civil engineer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moffatt & Nichol in December 2015.

Interview

Was asked a lot of questions about the projects I did. The interview process lasted about 4 hours. Got to meet with most of the team members and talk to them about the projects they were working on. It was a good experience overall.

Structural Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moffatt & Nichol (Norfolk, VA) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process was overall very well-coordinated, smooth and speedy. From scheduling an interview to presenting an offer letter, it took only a week.
    I gave just one interview with two Principals from the Norfolk office. They showed deep interest in knowing about my projects and had specific questions about my projects. Unlike other interviews, where the interviewers just ask 'Tell me about yourself', the Principals from the Norfolk office were very well aware of the contents of my resume and discussed specific details about the projects and internships carried out. They were also interested in knowing about my activities apart from the academics.
    The decision about the position was given in two days.

Engineer II Interview

Interview

Mainly ask questions about your resume, and your plan and etc.

Civil Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moffatt & Nichol (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I came to office after work to meet Project Manager and Office Manager. There were 4 people in the room and we sat a conference table. I spoke first and described myself, what I was doing, and where I wanted to be.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about specific experience, skills, and who I have worked for/with in the past. Primarily focused on how I thought I would add to the group.   1 Answer

Civil Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Moffatt & Nichol.

Interview

Interviews were set up through my university. The interviewers had questions that they were prepared to ask and did not veer from those questions. Most of the questions were behavioral. They did not ask any technical questions and they seemed tired from interviewing too many students that day.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question: what is a difficult goal that you set for yourself? What steps did you take to reach the goal? Did you reach it? and what lessons did you learn along the way?   Answer Question

Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Moffatt & Nichol.

Interview

lengthy; several rounds with various people. Took a long time to get information back. The people were friendly and knowledgeable. There were multiple stages, resume submission, phone screen; then scheduling with the supervisor and others from the group. Scheduling was most difficult; they seemed very busy.

Interview Questions

• usual STAR format; the interviewers talked a great deal about the projects. There were a lot of team based questions; asked the same question by several different people   Answer Question

Senior Civil Structural Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moffatt & Nichol (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2013.

Interview

First was sceeened by recruiters personnel, then had my first of two two days later. The first interview wad with a senior coastal engineer and a junior cad technician. They review my portfolio, and were impressed. That was on a Friday; had my second interview with the office /unit manager on the following Monday. Recieved offer on Wednesday.

Mostly they were looking for a go getter personality...

Interview Questions

• Best and worst personal traits...standard kind of questions   Answer Question