Moffitt Cancer Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Research Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

2 parts: 1) meet with HR and discuss benefits, programs, etc. 2) actual interview. Questions were good, engaging and manager was present. The interview was only 30 min--do wish they were a bit longer and encouraged more questions. Come prepared with questions about the position and ask them early!

It took me 9 applications over 4 months to land a job with Moffitt.

Interview Questions

• How might you deal if X, Y, Z, C patients call in at the same time? Triage for us.   Answer Question

Data Science Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied online and did a behavioral assessment test. Was contacted for an initial phone interview. Had a 30-min initial phone interview and was asked to come in for an in-person interview. Two-hour interview process where the first-hour was with two analysts during which they asked simple questions based on my resume, very basic technical questions and an extremely simple written analytical test. The next hour was with a director who spoke a great deal about what they do, what they're trying to achieve, what is expected of the job, what you do in the job, and then proceeded to ask the exact same set of resume based questions as the first two). The first two analysts were extremely welcoming and made me feel at easy during the entire length of the interview (I have terrible anxiety issues so for me to feel this at ease is big!). Received an email in three days saying they wanted to move with another candidate. Extremely easy interview and quick process. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic Cancer-related questions during the initial phone interview (What are the kinds of tumors, how do you identify the severity of the tumor, how is Cancer classified etc.).   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Moffitt?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your previous work experience.   Answer Question
    • Basic SQL statements.   Answer Question
    • Tell us where you use what tools and why.   Answer Question
    • Anything you would like to ask us?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Extensive interview process began with phone screen, conducted a few conference calls, skype interviews then F2F all day interview in cycles. Included long application process with behavioral assessment. Around round 4 of interviews, was asked for references (5) which were 50 online questions and 2 managers/3 colleague request. The F2F interviews were tough and all behavioral based. I rated 'good' because I got the job-however it was tough and there are areas that could be improved.

Interview Questions

• Share how you deal with not getting recognition for your accomplishments   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center.

Interview

It was an initial phone interview at the beginning. Asked me questions about my qualifications and how soon was I willing to move to the area. The recruiter was pleasant and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous positions. Take me through your resume.   Answer Question

Scientific Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Put in an application through their website (which takes a while, due to a 100 question personality inventory - clearly aimed at healthcare-specific workers rather than IT - but that's probably the majority of their hiring work). Had a quick callback (~2 business days) from HR, followed by a phone call with the hiring manager within the week. About a week later, I had a skype interview with the group the position would be with (I was applying from a remote location), and another phone interview (the next day) with other folks the position would work with. Everyone was friendly and professional - good overall experience. Then, as another reviewer noted, it took a very long time after that to hear anything concrete back - about a month and a half, which was an offer to bring me in for an on-site interview. By that point, I'd secured a position elsewhere - so I declined. So - if you are waiting, but haven't head 'no' - don't despair!

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a brief chat with an HR representative, followed by two in-person interviews with the manager and director. After that, I was asked to return for two more interviews - one with the VP and a panel interview with the PR team. After about a week I received an email requesting that I provide references. The next day I received the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Moffitt, and why this role specifically?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center.

Interview

phone call and just talk about the resume. talk about the project you did before. and when can you start to work. talk about the details of your previous intern ship. what is your thesis.

RN II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center.

Interview

Asked me what I see myself doing in 5 years and what interested me in applying for the RN II position at Moffitt. In the end the manager decided to show me around the floor and then extended an offer out to me.

Interview Questions

• What I saw myself doing in 5 years?   1 Answer

Patient Food Service Interview

Application

Interview

Very easy, the lady who interviewed me was very kind, ask a few questions, some i answered righg away, others i had to think about. I felt like we we friends and that I knew her my whole life. Very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• They ask if I was ever in an emergency situation in life, if so how I acted?   1 Answer

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied jun 1,2016 recieved a call a week and a few days later for an interview. Setup interview for the next day, making it a Friday. Went to the interview got hired on the spot. Waited to receive reference email to complete. Soon as those came back in time. I got called with an job offer, I accepted it and completed the forms they email me including background check. Afterwards I got an call to set up an appointment with the on boarding human research representative and employee health nurse to complete final paper work an pre employment physical and urine sample to make sure im capable to do the job. After everything came back good I received an email with instructions to show up at orientation.