Money Management International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.4

Housing Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Money Management International (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

2 tier interview-- Hiring after background check completed. I was interviewed by a manager and district manager. I was then instructed on housing counseling operates as a non-profit organization. I was then scheduled for a second interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Money Management International.

Interview

I was referred by a temporary agency. The interview was with a visiting manager from out of state. It was a comfortable environment, I was given a tour, met management and was offered the job on the spot.

Representative Payee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Money Management International in January 2016.

Interview

This happened in the spring of 2016 but the whole thing was so odd that it sticks out in my memory. This company makes its applicants jump through too many hoops for a job with a below-market salary that I literally ended the interview process half-way through.

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter in Texas the following Monday. She gave me some information about the position and then scheduled me for a phone interview on Friday. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and we discussed my credentials and reason for being interested in the position. She then scheduled me for a behavioral assessment the following week, which also lasted around 30 minutes and asked questions pertaining my workplace habits. I thought I did well. She emailed me the next day with a written assignment, asking me to write a paragraph response to a question to prove my writing skills.

Approximately two weeks after submitting the writing prompt, I was contacted by the recruiter and was told that they were currently in a hiring freeze for an extremely vague reason. I couldn't comprehend why but it had something to do with current management issues. She stated that she would contact me when the freeze is lifted. I then became suspicious and did some more research on the company. I tried to drive and walk by their location in my town and I couldn't find the office. The address exists but there didn't seem to be any sign pointing to their existence.

A month passed and the recruiter called again to tell me that the hiring freeze was lifted. She scheduled me for ANOTHER behavioral assessment interview with a person in Colorado and told me that if I did well, then one more interview would follow. The position in question was in Maine and keeping the fact that I couldn't find the office in my town in mind, I asked if it was possible for me to interview from the location. She told me it was not. I went through all of this for a job that pays $13.50 an hour and require a bachelor's degree. I didn't bother answering the phone when the person from Colorado called and will definitely not be applying again in the future.

Certified Credit Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Money Management International (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I had found out through a friend that used to work for them they were having a open house on a Saturday morning. I showed up to a waiting room full of people filling out applications and being interviewed. I filled out my application and shortly later I was in a one on one interview. At the end of the interview I was offered the position, given the hourly rate, and was able to pick from a few different start times/days off. I started my training on Monday a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Counselor I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Money Management International in June 2015.

Interview

I had 2 over the phone interviews with HR she then sent me a virtual skills and writing assessment through email to be completed. Next over the phone conference interview was with two of the hiring managers, 2 weeks later I had Skype interview with the same hiring managers was offered the position after criminal back round check and drug test was completed

Financial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Money Management International (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Originally phone screened. Next behavioral interview. Then filling out the external applicant online application which was an issue due to their system's technical issues, but was finally able to access once they got their IT dept involved. Required to take an assessment (online simulated call center training and demonstration of what I learned from it and my skills). Not difficult just making sure you can read, follow directions, make logical inferences, etc. 2 Skype interviews, each with a different person. They made an offer for the position. I attempted to negotiate salary/other benefits. No budging whatsoever. Original job description and hours/days began to change. I researched the company extensively including on this site. I found that although they claimed to be growing and opening new offices (yes they were); but at the same time they were closing and laying off employees. Annual increases depend entirely on whether the company does well financially. In other words, you can be the best performer in the company, but if they claim to have not done well, you do not get an increase. Until pressed for specifics, I was told that my performance would be evaluated often. From this site in particular, it appears some current employees haven't received increases in years. As I asked more questions about the financial stability of the company and other questions too they agreed to get back with me. I actually sent an email immediately after that call accepting the offer regardless of the answers to those questions. I had decided to take the gamble because I could feel the tone was changing. Sure enough, I get a call back 20 minutes later rescinding the offer. They said my acceptance email had not been seen yet and that based on my hesitancy and concerns they felt they should rescind. I spent a great deal of time interviewing with this company - over 2 weeks from start to finish. It is disappointing that they feel they can't be honest about their financial situation and are scared of an informed candidate. For instance, the salaries are very low (25% below nat'l avg. based on my research) and the medical benefits have extreme out of pocket cost for the employee. However, I was willing to give it a shot because I actually cared about working for a nonprofit and helping individuals through the counseling process they offer. They became extremely vague and somewhat defensive when asked about the health of the company, by saying there was just no way to know about the future, yet really wouldn't speak to the past or present either. I am disappointed with my first experience interviewing with a non-profit and in particular with this company. I will chalk it up to a good learning experience though. I am sure there are better opportunities on the horizon or this would not have worked out the way it did. It is truly their loss. A company that refuses to honestly acknowledge their weaknesses to those they hope will join them to improve their company is headed for serious challenges. My advice is interviewer beware.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my sales background and how I handled dealing with quotas and time constraints.   1 Answer

Offer was rescinded as questions and pay/benefit negotiations went on.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Money Management International.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call. Went in for a 2:1 interview with supervisor. It was very simple and easy process. The HR rep gave general info in relation to the position. Supervisor were courteous and respectful. Most questions where "How would you..." exp.. How would you handle an irate caller?

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interview

For internal candidates, there are three parts to the interview process typically. First, management typically interviews the candidates asking various questions about experience and work philosophy. Second, management has the chosen candidates complete a presentation in from of management. Third, a final interview is given.

Interview Questions

• Neither. Most questions were generic in nature. For example, "Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee".   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an internal candidate, I was told that there was a limit of an increase per year, even though external candidates could essentially and were paid more.

Support Counselor Interview

Interview

Hired through temp. agency... 3 months to hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation in salary.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Money Management International (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

Hiring was easy and the interview process was thorough with situational based questions that delve into past experiences and do very well at getting into the mind of the applicant to determine what kind of an employee they are going to be and see if they will fit into the company culture.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your luck? This was very unexpected and I didn't know how to answer right away. The answer I gave was that I don't believe in luck when it comes to my professional success because you have to work hard at anything that you do in order to succeed. Later, I found out that the purpose of this question is to determine if people really do believe that hard work will equate to success in the workplace rather than expecting or thinking that success will be just given to them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Rather short because the company is non-profit, there was little room to move when it came to salary.