Monroe College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Monroe College Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2016

2.8

Writing Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monroe College.

Interview

Was interviewed by director who asked me about my past experience, where I attended college, etc. Was asked questions regarding diversity and working with lower level academic students. Was asked questions regarding my interest in working at monroe and how long I intended to stay, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student is behaving disrespectfully?   1 Answer

Front Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monroe College (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very profession. They reviewed my application extensively and then invited me in to the interview. Ensure that you know a lot about the company in order to increase your chances of getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work within Monroe College?   1 Answer

Accounting Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monroe College (Bronx, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I attended a few workshops at the school. It was there I started to network with people. I go noticed and was called on the phone for a phone interview which lasted 15 minutes. I was then extended the opportunity for a on-site interview which lasted an hour. I met with the advisers and other accounting professors. It was very average.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses.
      Answer Question

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Monroe College (New Rochelle, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

There are 2 faculty members who interview you and ask you about what you want to teach. Very friendly and also understand where you come from. However you have to volunteer for one semester before you can be paid.

Senior Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monroe College.

Interview

Lots of questions about loyalty, loyalty, loyalty. They want to know how long you are going to stick around.

Interview Questions

• Where do see yourself with this company in the new few years. Usually easy, but for them you must lie and glow about the college, or they will not hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly simple, back then, now. forget it.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monroe College (Bronx, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I was asked to present a demo lesson. During this time, I had 15 minutes to teach a lesson. I was encouraged to make it as engaging as possible. At the end of the demo, I was asked a few questions, and was sent on my way. The next day, I received a call telling me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• "What is your experience with working with urban students?"   1 Answer

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Monroe College (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Many years ago very focused on my skills
    Work background
    How I taught Developmental Writing
    Work schedule
    Family life courses I would be interested in teaching hours I was interested in teaching
    Spoke about the culture of the school

Interview Questions

• What are some of my strengths in the classroom   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monroe College (Bronx, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

You meet with almost everyone in the departments ending with the President. If you make it to him then you're a viable candidate. Make sure to research the school history and mission statement.

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monroe College (Bronx, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

It felt like an interview for a government entity. The interview lasted hours and included meetings with almost everyone in the financial aid office, upper management and the college president.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the history of the school?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Do you know anyone working here already?
      What salarycwould you like earn over the course of your career?
      Why should we hire you?
      How would you handle situations where you don't have any solutions?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was pointless since they had a lowball number they were set on staying with

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Monroe College (Bronx, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

It was not a bad experience.