Monster Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.2

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monster Energy (Corona, CA).

Interview

It was initially through a recruiter. That was the more difficult part. Once the recruiter sent me to the hiring manager it was a very easy process. She mostly described what she was looking for and asked me 2-3 basic questions about my work experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in accounting?   1 Answer

Bottler Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Energy (Corona, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview and in person interview with a outsourced recruiter. Referred directly to Monster for in person interview. The first interview at Monster lasted almost two hours with lots of questions. Interviewed by the staff members who's position I would be succeeding. Second interview lasted about 1 hour and was by the Controller of the department. Both interviews seemed to go well and the interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance when you didn't follow procedure and what happened.   Answer Question

Monster Ambassador Team Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monster Energy.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person with team manager where the manager insisted I had PTSD may I remind you all that questions such as these are illegal to ask and laws are in place to protect my rights

Interview Questions

• Was continually asked about my military service & the manager kept insisting I had PTSD and that I wouldn't be able to handle interacting with people.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Energy (Corona, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

1st interview was 1.5 hour phone interview with hiring manager. No contact with HR. 2nd round was with 3 team members, on site 2-3 hours. Seemed enthusiastic about offering me the position, indicating an offer would be coming. Radio silence for several weeks, then a follow up call came saying they really wanted to hire me. One key piece is that salary discussed with hiring manager was actually $20K less than discussed. Seriously disappointing experience, unprofessional at the end...got the impression they thought I may be desperate for a job and would low ball the offer. Complete waste of my time. HR never returns calls or emails. Great brand, bad interview process. Potentially a "boys club" mentality- such a shame! In the end I took a position with another company for twice the original salary discussed.

Interview Questions

• What were my flaws?
      How have I handled difficult men in my career?
      1 Answer

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Energy in January 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Monster Energy website after seeing an online ad. Got a call a few days later to schedule an interview the following Thursday. Verbal interview was light, mostly questions to get to know me and going over job responsibilities. They had me fill out several pages of additional application / consent forms and took a photo of me to submit to the regional manager. I heard back a few weeks later that my application had been accepted and the next step was for me to pass background check, drivers history check and drug test. Looking forward to getting started.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Energy (Syracuse, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

This company has a very rigorous hiring process that involves an initial phone screening, one face to face interview, a background check, drug test, a training orientation and a separate meeting to fill out paper work. They asked a lot of questions and gave me the opportunity to ask a lot of questions, however I felt as if there were details they withheld about the job position until the training orientation.

Marketing Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Energy (Corona, CA).

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 in person interviews, drug/background tests.

Had an incredibly unprofessional experience where HR called, very excitedly to tell me they were sending my paperwork and offer, but then fell radio silent and dodged my calls for a week. Found out a week later, after going through their interview process for a month to find out they had retracted my offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with online criticism/backlash?
      How would you deal with juggling multiple brands at once?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monster Energy.

Interview

Submitted my resume to the Monster recruiter and was put in contact with the head of their business unit. He gave me a phone call and asked me some quick questions while referring to my resume. Once he got a better idea, he made me on offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When would I be able to start. Confirming key aspects within my resume.   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Energy (Knoxville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with Regional Manager who would be my supervisor and his main Field Sales Rep. Pretty straightforward with common questions. RM and other FSR were dressed in work clothes (Monster polo and khakis). We met in a hotel lobby since they were working in that area, which gave the interview a weird vibe. It didn't feel as formal as most interviews, but also wasn't nearly as intimidating as those that are in an office.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monster Energy (Corona, CA).

Interview

The interview was with six people and lasted over three hours. The interview was set by a recruiter. From the time of submitting my resume and being interviewed was approximately 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected, just long. The most interesting thing was the emphasis on the late hours and the demanding CEO. People seems to enjoy the energy and dynamic of the company but the demands can be high.   Answer Question