Montana State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Montana State University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1.8

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Montana State University in May 2017.

Interview

I had applied online, on the student hiring website. I exchanged a few emails with the office manager towards the end of the semester. Then ed finally met up at the department, she showed me around the office and told me everything I'd be doing for the Job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Grounds Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in June 2016.

Interview

Supplied a resume, received a phone call within the day, approached for an interview and was offered the position immediately after being asked about how many hours I wanted to work.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking to work per week?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work outside?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to take out garbage?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in March 2015.

Interview

The process of resume and application package submission to interview to offer was lengthy but thorough. Interview was and introductions open to faculty, staff and student body. Questions were applicable, friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What event planning experience do you have?   1 Answer

R A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in March 2015.

Interview

There wasn't really an interview for this position, other than a casual conversation with the head of the department before he made research/teaching assistantship assignments. The conversation was fun, and I could tell immediately that I would enjoy the job.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. It consisted of applying online, showing up for the interview, and then a quick follow up interview. The application was fairly straight forward wanting previous work history and education. The first interview lasted about 45 minutes and was actually fairly informal. The follow up interview was a little more personal and went more into my background.

Interview Questions

• What type of research projects have you participated in?   Answer Question

Extension Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Montana State University (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Given a topic to develop a presentation. Gave my presentation and then went to general interview questions around the table of the interview panel. The panel was quite diverse.

Interview Questions

• Basic things: How do you handle conflict? State a time where you overcame a conflict.   Answer Question

Administrative Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in June 2014.

Interview

Sent application, resume, & answers to questions through online form. Got a call for an interview within 1 week. Interviewed in front of 3 people for about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe that your education, training and experience have prepared you for this position? If so, please give us some specific examples that illustrate this.   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted a written application, with a teaching statement and a cover letter. Since all of the reviewers already knew me, and the other applicants, the interview process was solely on the written application, and I was notified that I was successful. My letter covered my qualifications for teaching this particular class, my prior teaching experience, and my experience in developing curriculum, and working one-on-one with students.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions regarding my teaching philosophy.   1 Answer

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in June 2013.

Interview

Cumbersome forms that require extensive answers to simple questions. Many staff positions are already filled and the reviewing process is a formality in order to comply with state hiring regulations.

Same work, different environment. No autonomy. Would be supervised by people who knew less than I did about the position.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Montana State University.

Interview

I was contacted because I have used the option to allow ETS to disclose my preferences to potential university. I had to go through the usual application process, in addition to having an existing faculty write recommendations for me.