Montefiore Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Montefiore Medical Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

Chronic Care RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Montefiore Medical in July 2017.

Interview

Because the organization is so large, HR does not do a good job in communicating with candidates about the process. Very disorganized and slow.
    The department themselves call you to schedule interviews and there are sometimes months of lag.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montefiore Medical.

Interview

Typical, phone screen, in person, across departments and levels; Atypical, shopped candidate around for similar opportunities; Finally got offer after going through process twice; Then lengthy offer acceptance process. Indicator of process heavy.

Patient Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montefiore Medical in May 2017.

Interview

The first step is a virtual interview. They send you a link and you record yourself answering certain interview questions. You can only record yourself once. You cannot watch what you have recorded. Their system wasn't working and I had to call them for a week straight before they finally sent me another link. A few days later they then sent me someone else's link. Their system needs to be reviewed.

Senior Admitting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montefiore Medical (Bronx, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

First I was called in for an interview. I set up an appointment to meet with the department manager. A good tip on the interview is to be yourself and talk about what you know. Make sure you have experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressured situations, such as a patient family member being upset?   Answer Question

Health Educator Interview

Interview

Got a phone call to go to Yonkers office initially to meet with supervisor of heath education than I went to several interviews at several locations for the position. I was not chosen at either of the locations although the local hiring staff made the decision, I also was not bilingual.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Montefiore Medical.

Interview

Overall the interviews were mostly behavioral questions about how you would handle certain situations. Also, questions about what are good and bad things past managers would say about you. Had to do a case study on the spot about managing a specific project/business plan.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with an issue and what steps did you take to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Case study: Explain how you would develop a post-acute business plan.   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Interview

Professional, engaging and a real discussion not an interrogation.
    Interviewer went over the resume and asked questions. Be sure to have a copy of your resume so you can follow. Interviewer took lots of notes. It was focused, efficient and to the point. No idle chat.
    Interviewer was friendly but very professional. Look out for follow up questions during the interview, to answers that you gave earlier in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weaknesses for this position?   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Montefiore Medical (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a very comprehensive interview. First I met with the Director of Pharmacy Operations. Then I was given a patient case to assess. The director then asked me questions about my experiences and rotations during my last year of pharmacy school. Afterwards, I met with a panel of four different pharmacy managers and the director to present the patient case that I had assessed and they asked me more questions about my experiences.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montefiore Medical (Bronx, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed once by Clinical Manager, second time with both Office manager. The questions were pretty clear cut, and managers did not make you feel nervous. Showed you around the clinic. Hiring process was pretty lengthy, with a physical, drug screen and a stack of paperwork to fill out. Took over 6 weeks from time of offer. Also had to wait until the next group orientation was.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult Doctor?   1 Answer

Epic Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Montefiore Medical (Yonkers, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was a multiple step process. First, coordinating with the HR department, sending in my resume and cover letter. Then, we scheduled my first "interview" with HR. This was a pretty standard HR interview. Asking about my experiences, why they should consider me, and giving me some context about the organization. Next came the actual interview with possible future bosses. I was interviewed by three Epic senior product managers at once, asking again about my past experience and how it might benefit them.

From there I "applied" officially to the job posting that they would consider me for. This portion took some time as they were waiting for approvals, budgets, etc.

Drug tests, on-boarding questions, took awhile as well.

Eventually I heard back and received an offer. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one example from your past experience when you went above and beyond expectations to deliver a positive change.   1 Answer