Montrose Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Montrose Travel Interview Questions

Interviews at Montrose Travel

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Montrose Travel.

Interview

I received a call to set up the interview. Only had one interview face to face with two of the managers. It was a fairly easy straightforward interview, they asked a few questions regarding my experience and it was more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montrose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Montrose Travel (Montrose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process had 3 steps:

Phone screen (with recruiter)
    Phone interview with hiring manager and developer
    Onsite interview

The phone interview was pretty straightforward and went well, but the onsite interview turned out to be rather confusing. They have 2 different buildings/offices on the same street, and I got transferred into a secondary office for the interview portion.

Part 1) Met with dev manager and another developer. Mostly general/introductory questions.

Part 2) Given exam to complete independently. Recruiter had said it would be a 45 min coding challenge, but it was actually 1 hr in total. It consisted mostly of PHP and JavaScript related questions, and there were definitely too many questions for the time allotted. It was especially awkward trying to answer them with the pencil they gave me, as it started getting dull half way in.

Intermission) I was given the organizer's number to page him once the exam was completed. I did this, but still waited another 15 min before he came back. He finally came in to retrieve the test, and said that the next set of people would be coming in soon. I waited another 20 min for them to arrive.

Part 3) What got weird during this portion of the interview (1 back and 1 front-end developer) is that they didn't seem to have any questions prepared and started out by asking if I had questions. They seemed to be overly concerned about the time, and made an excuse to leave after thirty minutes and a somewhat awkward series of questioning. They said the CTO would be coming to interview me next.

Intermission) I literally waited in a room alone for 30 min and the CTO never showed. So the organizer finally came in and apologized and said that the CTO got busy and maybe we could reschedule. Ouch, that was the 3 hr mark, so he led me out and we made some small talk, before I walked back to my car.

To top it off they totally ghosted the recruiter later when he asked for feedback. I continue to get recruiters contacting me about this position, even a month after the interview, so apparently they are having a hard time filling it.

Interview Questions

• What version of JavaScript have you used the most?   Answer Question
    • What design patterns have you used with PHP?   Answer Question
    • What sort of experience do you have with mentoring junior level developers?   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montrose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Montrose Travel (Montrose, CA).

Interview

The process was a long time ago but it involved skill testing and 3 face to face interviews, several phone calls, tour of the building and meeting various management department leaders.

Interview Questions

• the interview was several years ago so there is not anything relevant to add here.   1 Answer

Web Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montrose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montrose Travel (Montrose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Went in for a Web Design interview with "light coding experience", however, when i got there, the position also required that you do print design which was never mentioned in their job posting. The majority of the position would be coding which is far from their description of "light coding". Their job posting should have been for a coder with light design experience. Person that interviewed me was a straight up coder and didn't understand design whatsoever. It was a waste of time. They are not truthful about the position you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, how long does it take you to design an email, webpage, landing page etc. Can you also design for print? How good are your coding skills? Do you have an example of your code? Would you be willing to learn more code?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montrose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Montrose Travel (Montrose, CA).

Interview

They are not trustworthy when it comes to been placed at the position you were hired for.

Negotiation

easy ... they need new hires due to their high turnover !

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Montrose Travel in September 2010.

Interview

My initial interview with Montrose was for an administrative support position. The interviewer was kind and did a great job explaining the benefits of the company, pay, incentive pay, etc. I even got to meet with associates and talk to them about company culture before I went home.

All interviews after that were for internal promotions - each of them just as informative as the last. The expectations from my future superiors were set, and my expectations in terms of pay, responsibilities, etc. were set for the respective supervisors.

Interview Questions

• I was never made to feel uncomfortable or humiliated during the interviewing process. Each time, I felt like it was a conversation where we were getting to know each other and what we were looking for on both ends.   Answer Question