Moody-Nolan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Moody-Nolan

Candidate Interview Review

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moody-Nolan (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

After being contacted by an external hiring agency on their behalf, I was introduced to a direct contact that had shown interest. This process was slow and little feedback was given to the recruiter.

After being contacted directly by the company team member, we discussed details of the position, my personal design style, past projects, quite standard for most design positions.

I was then asked to prepare/ create a document presentation with my strongest areas of design and the projects to accompany them. After submitting this document I received no contact for weeks, and had to call them back for feedback and a reminder, to which I was then asked to prepare another document showcasing design process, sketching and other skills.

I submitted this document, confirmed that it had been received and was given a timeline to expect a response. This timeline came and went, and weeks passed before having to, again, call them to get a response. I was mistaken for a vendor and asked to resubmit my resume, continuing the painfully slow process while also providing some insight as to how things in the office would work.

This company had such promise and a deeply rooted foundation that showed promise as an employer. Unfortunately, as the reviews confirm, the slow processes are company wide, communication is poor and expectation is high with little to expect in return.

Interview Questions

• Conceptual and portfolio submital, asked to design further work for evaluation of design process, flexibility and management.   Answer Question