Motability Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Motability Operations

3.1

Sort:

Client Services Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Motability Operations.

Interview

Thanks.. For not offering me the job. It seems I had a narrow and very great escape. The interview process was probably the worst experience I've ever had the misfortune to have done. It started with a telephone interview with the agency, which was fine.

The company spent more time showing off their building than focusing on who they were employing. A huge amount of candidates turned up all together to be shown around, then individual interviews. Only to be invited back for more rigorous testing. After all the effort and time consuming meetings I was given the most flimsy and feeble reason as to why I was not to be offered the job.

People are attracted to the better pay and office. But don't forget you have to also work with these draconian devils. Money is not everything and thanks for the warnings that this place is not for me. I prefer to keep my personality and individuality. Don't waste your time on this company.

Interview Questions

• What rating from 1-5 would you rate the advisor (having watched and listened to the adviser) on a TV clip?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Motability Operations (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

first round telephonic interview
    Second round personal where they ask about the previous project and then presented me a sheet of paper and asked what is the code doing etc etc etc etc etc

Interview Questions

• Apache camel route based question and then asked to draw the previous set up of the project and general questions. Few people were asked to design the problem given to them.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motability Operations.

Interview

Application form which included a few long answer questions as well as your CV. After this you are invited to a telephone interview and after this an assessment centre.

Although my interviewer was great and the process was fairly straight forward, Motability Operations do not offer any feedback upon rejection 'due to the high volume of applicants'.. I found this disappointing as many huge organisations will not provide feedback if you don't make the telephone interview but will provide feedback if you are rejected after the telephone or group interview. I think that this is something that Motability Operations should look at as an applicant has taken the time to attend the telephone interview and undertaken a lot of research so even if it was just a few lines of feedback this would be very much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your university? Why did you choose your course? What areas are you most interested in of the graduate rotation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motability Operations (Bristol, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

Long - 3 hrs long!
    So then i was invited for an actual interview and we were 7 people. So they showed us around and it started with a roleplay over the phone. I am normally very good at these but these were the hardest roleplays i have ever done in my life. They use system called ASK MO.
    so first example was policy holder called to ask to add a driver and you have to use this system to advise them can you do that and what happens with no prep! I struggled to find this information so i failed all 3 roleplays and i got fustrated as i couldnt find the information i was looking for. the feedback i received after was that i am very process orrientated - well i just wanted to tell them the correct information and not blag it.
    after that was a group exercise and then was competency based questions. fairly easy stuff.
    Everyone was very nice and the company looked like a lovely place.

Interview Questions

• nothing too dificult, can you work in team, can you tell me a time when you?? etc   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motability Operations in December 2013.

Interview

During telephone interview a lot of emphasis was placed on understanding the company. The company is a non-profit company, but take much pride in describing themselves as "the most profitable non-profit company" in the UK.

Interview questions were mostly as expected: What do you know about the company, asking about the reasons for choosing your degree/university, examples of showing leadership/initiative/etc.

Interview Questions

• Understanding and relaying to interviewer exactly how the company operates.   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was quick. It was clear what would happen next and what I should expect at each stage.

During the process I met a lot of people from the company, helping to get a clearer idea of what it would be like to work there.

The questions were tough but it became clear it was a hardworking but friendly environment to work in.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you have had to overcome a setback.   Answer Question

Contact Centre Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motability Operations (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

1. Initial telephone chat. 2. Follow-up telephone interview (structured) with interactive role play; you will receive email instructions halfway through phone call, be given a short timeframe to read and prepare, then be called again to go through it. 3. Formal interview; quite long, you'll have the face-to-face, also do more interactive role play.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us and what do we do?   1 Answer

Contact Centre Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motability Operations.

Interview

I had a first interview with the agency. There were some questions about my CV, why I want to work for the organisation and some competency based questions. Then we had a roleplay over the phone. The second interview was in the organisation and there were 4 more people. The first part was a 1-2-1 traditional interview with more competency based questions, then we had another two roleplays over the phone and a group exercise where you had to discuss a couple of topics with the rest of the group.
    Everyone was very nice and the company looked like a lovely place.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motability Operations (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. Then I had an assessment at the main offices. There were about 15 of us altogether.
    We had 3 role plays on the phone, a look around the building and last bit of the assessment, we as a team had to decide wether we thought someone should pass
    their probation. If you managed to pass the assessment you then get another phone interview. Which I did not pass. The money is great and their are good Benifit’s, but I get the feeling you have to jump through hoops for the pleasure.
    Beware if you do get the job, there is 6 weeks training, if you are not up to scratch after the first 3 weeks, you will not proceed on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you made a decision outside of company guidelines?   Answer Question