Moxie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Moxie

2.3

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Moxie (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

After applying I went through a pretty brief 'quiz' and phone interview. Mostly making sure I understood what the job was and confirming my interest. For the second, in-person interview I was brought in to the office and taken to a small conference. I was told I would be meeting with different people that I would potentially be working with. The first 'round' were a couple of people currently in the position, they almost seemed more nervous than me (maybe not used to doing interviews yet!). All-in-all it was 4 'rounds', and each person asked almost the same questions each time. Mostly gauging my knowledge, interest in Moxie and personality.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my experience with Excel Pivot Tables, be sure you know how to use those. Also, was asked a lot about what I knew about Moxie, definitely study their websites and follow news about them.   Answer Question

The salary/location combination didn't work out for me in this case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moxie (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process started great, met with 5-6 people in office in addition to one phone interview. Was scheduled for a second phone interview but never received a call or email saying it had been cancelled. Followed up with HR but never heard back

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moxie (Atlanta, GA) in January 2010.

Interview

i got lost on the way to the interview so but i still arrived on time which was great. i met the receptionist which was amazing. the receptionist really made me feel welcome and at home. i met the interview lady which became my boss when i started the very next day!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moxie (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the team members (planners and assistant planners). Then the Media Director asked me maybe 3 questions and explained how important it was we didn't screw anything up. They offered me the job and negotiating salary was clearly out the window. $32k/year no overtime. We work 9-7:30 most days. Now when we hire, interviews are done by the AMD and MD.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They asked me to start 3 weeks later, I agreed. Then they called back to push my start date back a whole 1.5 months. Thank goodness I hadn't told my current employer I was out between those two phone calls. Could have really screwed me.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moxie (Atlanta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

Company did not provide detailed directions to their location, which made it difficult to find. Shares a parking lot and building with a beauty school. Getting to / from their location requires difficult left turn across many busy lanes of traffic. Would help to have traffic light by the entrance.

Was told I would have one interview, but when I got to their office there were three interviews lined up. Questions were mostly about my background.

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Moxie.

Interview

Contacted by the hiring manager and went through a phone screen and then scheduled another phone interview with team members. They do everything over the phone for the summer internship programs to “level the playing field” for out of state applicants which was fine, but I feel that being able to talk in person would have been more beneficial for the applicant. The people I talked to were very distant and almost rushing me off the phone the whole time. They asked me one question which was “walk me through your resume” and then let me ask questions to which they asked “anything else” after... every. Question. Didn’t feel like they cared enough to talk to me. Then got a generic rejection from HR, and never heard back as to why I wasn’t selected.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moxie (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very chill. They take a look at your work previously and if they pull you in it's to see if you're not a bad person/see if you're cool to work with.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how I spend time on the internet/interacting with digital things/what I do besides school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moxie (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Long day, 4 hours long, interview with multiple people and with lots of other candidates. Sometimes they go on a tour, other times they have you do a grow presentation, where everyone is super aggressive to get the employees' attention.

Interview Questions

• What superhero do you want to be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moxie (Atlanta, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

It was great, no complaints, they were nice and looking to see if you were nice. Group style presentation with all the other candidates and each department got an intern, so there seemed to be ample opportunity.

Interview Questions

• what's something unique about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Moxie (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted via email to set up a Skype interview with two employees (one who would be my boss, one who works in the same department). The tone was very friendly and casual but still professional. It was my first ever Skype interview and I would not recommend them... it was difficult to see one another, the sound would cut out, there was a delay, etc. The interview was fairly straightforward, mostly information about the company and the role and then questions about me personally and based on what was listed on my resume. After Skyping, I received another email asking me to come in for a second interview which would include the head of the department. Moxie has an incredibly creative vibe, very young, very laid back and very inviting- I loved it! There were dogs in the office and each person spent a lot of time 'individualizing' their space. I was very glad to have not worn my traditional stuffy interview skirt suit (my outfit was business casual with muted make-up and a more formal up-do, but with a hint of personal style). The second interview was very laid back, it was more of a collaborative conversation than an interview, and each person made me feel incredibly comfortable there. Afterwards there was a tour of the company's space. I heard back from them the next day.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what communication tools I would utilize to help plan a company-wide chili cook-off and what ideas I had for said cook-off.   Answer Question