Multiplex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Multiplex Interview Questions

Interviews at Multiplex

Sort:

Graduate Project Management Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Multiplex in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the UK scheme (was living in Australia at the time). Long and slow to return calls. No replies to any emails. I went through a very long phone interview which went really positively, but then heard nothing for ages about the next stage at an assessment centre. Finally called me after 2-3 months to organise for me to come to assessment centre the following week - in Scotland. How can they expect me to get from Australia to Scotland with a week of notice? The woman simply said, "We don't think a Skype interview would be 'fair'". Total joke. I followed up because I moved to the UK and got no response about being considered in the next round. Really unsympathetic people.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Multiplex in April 2010.

Interview

It took over 3 months for HR to inform me that I wasn't selected for the job. I kind of figured it out after a couple of weeks. I learned at the interview that the company is still using Windows 98 and slowly but surely makes a transition to Windows 2000. Wow!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Multiplex (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

As soon as I sent out my CV and a cover letter, they asked me to finish their video interview fairly quickly. I had to answer a few questions out of the ones that were already given beforehand and an additional 'surprise' question. I got a rejection email from the recruitment team after about 2 weeks, but then one of the HR managers contacted me to invite me to their assessment day while I was abroad on a holiday. I tried to reach them both by sending her an email and making a few phone calls, but radio silence. I was disappointed by their irresponsibility in recruitment process considering the size and the reputation of the company in the industry.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment are you most proud outside of work?   Answer Question

Human Resources Systems Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Multiplex (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2018.

Interview

Really great interview process. It was all done very quickly and a positive experience. I had an initial phone interview, then 2 in person interviews with separate members of staff, then one phone interview with another member of staff residing in another state.

Interview Questions

• What is your problem solving style?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Multiplex (Brisbane (Australia)) in June 2013.

Interview

A phone interview, and then a group interview day where there were around a dozen of us and a whole lot of senior management. There were group activities, behavioural questions, aptitude tests, individual interviews. A week later, my references were checked, but ultimately I was not hired- although they never told me why.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Multiplex (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Invited to assessment day in London after I had applied online and had been interviewed by phone. The assessment day included 3 parts, a group exercise/debate with other candidates about which strategy should the company follow for funding purposes, an individual exercise about a hypothetical technical issue during a construction project and a face to face informal interview.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Multiplex (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

The first stage was a formal video interview consisting of approximately 6 questions. These were fairly standard and are what is to be expected for a graduate role. The second stage was an assessment centre consisting of 3 activities a group assement, individual coginitive testing and a formal interview. The overall process was enjoyable and straight forward, the HR team were very useful throughout the process.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Multiplex (Brisbane (Australia)) in April 2018.

Interview

Only receive the video interview. 10 minutes for 4 questions. Only 30 seconds for each question's preparation. Do not spend time to search for the company background. Just focus on your own experience.

H&S Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Multiplex (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

2 interviews - 1st interview with the person I would work for and the 2nd interview was with his direct manager. very stifled interview process for the role I was going for. Staff were very much of the opinion they were above others.

Negotiation

good

Document Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Multiplex (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2009.

Interview

The interviewer explained the details and outlines of the job that I would be doing, as well as the companies work and the projects that had been undertaken at the time. I had two interviews, one with the Australasian QA advisor, and the second which included the Constructions manager as well.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was when I was asked about where I would want to be and where I would see myself in 5 years time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A number of terms were not included in the contract, and the pay went from 55+super to 50 including super. Unfortunately this came after I had already resigned.