Murad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.6

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Murad (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Meet on location, no phone screener. Meet with HR, then boss. I got a tour of the office. Friendly staff, pretty offices/new. Turn around time seemed pretty fast. Good overall experience.

Interview Questions

• What would your former boss say about you?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murad (El Segundo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and one in-person interview. Rude and unprepared. They didn't even respond to a follow-up email. SO if you are not what they are looking for - you'll have to figure that out based on the cold shoulder they give you.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and what I could bring to the table   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Murad in November 2016.

Interview

The entire phone interview lasted just over an hour. For the complete duration of the call I was not asked one question. I was able to review a list of questions I had with the woman interviewing me but not one interest was expressed about my background or my ability to perform in the position. I felt the interviewer to be extremely unprepared, unprofessional and flat out rude. During our conversation, she went as far as to call a woman at their corporate office a derogatorily name which included a swear word. Should I have been offered the role, I would have turned it down. The hour long one way conversation was a true look into what the position would have been like. No thanks!

Assistant Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Murad (El Segundo, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by HR and interviewed with them. I checked in at the front desk. They asked about customer service experience and really seemed to make that an important issue. They gave me a tour of the facility. It is a very colorful and artfully decorated facility. It has an open concept and the colors are coded depending on department. There is beautiful art everywhere. The CEO was actually in his office. I was told that he likes to do a lot of free style art projects. There were exercise machines everywhere.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with large volumes of people per day?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Murad (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then was called for a phone interview with a Human Resources Employee. Then went in to meet with Director of Marketing and had a very positive experience. Director was very welcoming and easy to talk to. Then was scheduled for an interview with 4 people from the Marketing Team. This interview was different as nobody from this team seemed like they wanted to be interviewing someone. It was an awkward feeling in the room. I left feeling like I gave a terrible interview because I felt very uneasy.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Murad (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed one on one then with a panel. Few were friendly, beautiful corporate office, and quiet space. Took a couple of months in total, very slow process. Family owned business.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience?
      Why Murad?
      What do you know about us?
      How comfortable are you with working in teams?
      Your favorite product?   Answer Question

Sales and Education Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Murad (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Asked who I knew in the company. Easygoing conversation and felt comfortable. Overview of job, requirements and expectations and that it would be necessary to wear "many different hats". Extensive talk on company founder and company philosophy which I found very inspiring and special.

Interview Questions

• If I knew anyone, or who I knew.   1 Answer
    • What my favorite thing about myself was.   1 Answer
    • What my sales experience was.   1 Answer

Market Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Murad in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first.
    In-person interview, presentation and hands-on demonstration required.

Interview Questions

• How would you alter this presentation for a different market?   Answer Question

Senior PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murad (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by the HR person at Murad. She wasn't very helpful and seemed too busy to answer questions. However, I went into the office for an interview.

It's an amazing office building, first of all.

Then, I was taken into an office by two PR managers for an interview. They were not the right people to interview candidates for this position. I'm not sure who thought having two very young PR managers be the first interview of someone they would be reporting to was a good idea - but it definitely wasn't. These two managers were not paying attention and they clearly thought one of them should have the senior manager position opposed to hiring someone.

There's a reason that position has been open for six months. HR should have he first interview with someone more senior and experienced. I felt as though these managers weren't happy with the hire in the first place so it made for an awkward environment from the start.

Needless to say, I didn't get a callback.

Market Educator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Murad.

Interview

Telephone interview and 5 face to face interviews including creating a product presentation and delivering it. The discussion took a few months and was thorough but relaxed and friendly throughout. Good communication at each step.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Murad?
      What skills can you bring to Murad?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very open discussion. Honest and helpful.