Murad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Murad

2.4

Retail Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Murad (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied through Linkedin and was reached out to by a recruiter for a 30 minute phone screen. The next step was to bring me in for an in-person interview. I followed up after the interview 3 times and have still not heard back. Completely unprofessional of the company/ employees.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Murad (El Segundo, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with HR. Then I was contacted later that week to come in for an unperson interview where I met with the Creative Director and Art Director of the team. I was called in for a third interview with the VP of Global Marketing the following week. I received a phone offer a few days after the third interview.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Murad (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Everyone I interviewed with was professional and extremely pleasant. They all are passionate about the brand and love the CEO. They offered prompt feedback. Heather Lord is the ideal person to interview with.

Analyst, Online Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Murad (El Segundo, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very drawn out and long. Things started out very promising as I got a call from the recruiter the day after I applied online. From there we did a phone screening, and they asked me to come in to interview at the end of the call. I assumed either the call went very well or they had been looking for a while as the position was open for over a month. The recruiter was great at communicating up until the interview, it had to be rescheduled once and they didn't let me know until the day before which was really inconvenient. The interview in person was with the hiring manager and the Senior Analyst (back to back) about 30 min each. It felt like it went well, they asked a lot of questions and I presented a case study that was submitted ahead of time. The hiring manager then told me how soon they hoped to fill the position because they needed the help and that he would get back to me by next week - this did not happen. I followed up with thank you notes and I checked in with the recruiter the following week and was told they are wrapping up some additional interviews and will make a decision by Friday. I checked in a week later and was told exactly the same thing and that a decision would be made that Friday. Basically this continued and finally the hiring manager gave me a call around 3 weeks to tell me he was very sorry but they were going to hire someone internally (although it wasn't official yet) and that I was his choice for the role. It was a nice call and he mentioned some other openings within the parent company. I appreciated that call and still never heard again from the recruiter. All in all there seemed to be one single corporate recruiter that was filling several jobs at the time so understand that it was hard for her to balance everything but I consider at least letting candidates know the job is filled is/or put on hold is common courtesy. It sounds like they may need additional recruiting help. Bottom line was the process only took away 3 weeks of my life, but I was told differently from the beginning so it's just annoying when the wrong expectations are set by the company.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a problem you solved in previous work.   1 Answer

Global Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Murad (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I went through 2 rounds of interviews. The first was with the HR generalist. She asked me to walk her through my resume, and we had a discussion about the role and how I would fit. It lasted about 40 minutes. She asked me if I was willing to come up with a new product idea to present to the marketing team for the second interview. I did that a few weeks later, but when I followed up, I got an automated email saying that they had already filled the position.

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Murad (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Meet on location, no phone screener. Meet with HR, then boss. I got a tour of the office. Friendly staff, pretty offices/new. Turn around time seemed pretty fast. Good overall experience.

Interview Questions

• What would your former boss say about you?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Murad (El Segundo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and one in-person interview. Rude and unprepared. They didn't even respond to a follow-up email. SO if you are not what they are looking for - you'll have to figure that out based on the cold shoulder they give you.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and what I could bring to the table   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Murad in February 2017.

Interview

took very long time to respond. did not follow up when suppose to. was not professional. took very long time to respond. did not follow up when suppose to. was not professional.

Interview Questions

• took very long time to respond and didnt follow up when they said they would   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Murad in November 2016.

Interview

The entire phone interview lasted just over an hour. For the complete duration of the call I was not asked one question. I was able to review a list of questions I had with the woman interviewing me but not one interest was expressed about my background or my ability to perform in the position. I felt the interviewer to be extremely unprepared, unprofessional and flat out rude. During our conversation, she went as far as to call a woman at their corporate office a derogatorily name which included a swear word. Should I have been offered the role, I would have turned it down. The hour long one way conversation was a true look into what the position would have been like. No thanks!

Assistant Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Murad (El Segundo, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by HR and interviewed with them. I checked in at the front desk. They asked about customer service experience and really seemed to make that an important issue. They gave me a tour of the facility. It is a very colorful and artfully decorated facility. It has an open concept and the colors are coded depending on department. There is beautiful art everywhere. The CEO was actually in his office. I was told that he likes to do a lot of free style art projects. There were exercise machines everywhere.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with large volumes of people per day?   1 Answer