Murata Manufacturing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Murata Manufacturing

Murata University Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Murata Manufacturing (Tucson, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

A telephone interview with the Marcoms Manager in Mansfield, MA. The Manager, John, was familiar with my experience there and my qualifications, as I had just recently retired from Murata. The position was going to be open in a matter of weeks because the person that had been doing it was leaving for personal reasons. John provided a brief outline of the duties and responsibilities in this position. I accepted the position contingent only on two conditions: first, that I would work no more than 3 days a week (24 hours); secondly, that travel would be minimal. With just that much said, John quickly agreed and I had a new job.

Interview Questions

• Would I be satisfied accepting a reduced rate of pay compared with what I had been making as a Field Applications Engineer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a slightly higher wage than was offered, but John advised that the position had been approved only at the lower rate.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Murata Manufacturing (Taipei (Taiwan)) in February 2012.

Interview

1-2 department managers including Japanese for 1st run; 1-2 higher level managers for 2nd run
    Asked to describe why selecting Murata, personal competence, background, English and/or Japanese preferred
    Took IQ test, sometimes need presentation for 2-4 pages

Business Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Murata Manufacturing (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in November 2009.

Interview

HR en verantwoordelijke afdeling stellen vragen over mijn CV en achtergrond.

Interview Questions

• Wat heb je bereikt met je laatste baan?   1 Answer