Musician's Friend Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.0

Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Musician's Friend (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was geared at my many years of CSR experience. Only sales I did was at a Durable Medical Equipment Store. We delivered oxygen to homes of people who were on oxygen and to new customers to set up oxygen. One of our roles to to review the client and home setting to see if any other of our DME would be needed and give a sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel comfortable selling musical instruments and equipment on the phone as a CSR?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever sold things as suggestions to a customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Musician's Friend (Draper, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Come in and they ask you some super generic questions. Once hired you MUST sign an arbitration agreement stripping all rights you have as an employee. At this point I had to pass..

TSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Musician's Friend (South Jordan, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

quick and easy, they were friendly and kept the conversation going. I appreciated their candor. the interviewers seemed really interested in me and passionate about music. I wouldn't have expected to meet such nice guys in a call center.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      Tell me about your last job.
      Do you play any instruments?
      Answer Question

Instrument Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Musician's Friend (Kansas City, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

HR contacted me initially and said they were not interested because I was hoping to start in a couple months time after finishing school. I was then contacted again with a "never mind, we are interested." I had a phone interview with HR which was fairly short and extremely generic. I then traveled for an in-person interview, which I was reimbursed for gas expenses. The interview was with my to-be supervisor. It was laid back. I got a tour of the place and was asked questions about myself. It was personable. I liked the people in the department. I then had a bench test (un-timed) in which I fixed instruments set aside for me.

Negotiation

They told me what they could do, and it seamed like there was no room for negotiation.

Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Musician's Friend in October 2010.

Interview

THINGS HAVE CHANGED AND ARE MORE DIFFICULT TO TRANSFER INTERNALLY

Interview Questions

• Who do you think was the worst Supervisor you have had and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hours that needed to be worked.

Think it out and see if it meets your needs.