MuteSix Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 53 of over 53 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at MuteSix (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn about this role and declined for personal reasons, but the mute six team would not take no for an answer. I have now been contacted 5-6 times by several different women, all harassing me to interview for the role. After this terrible experience I will never consider working for this company.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to move to LA?
    Answer Question

MuteSix

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MuteSix

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for the role. The initial screening call process was quick and easy with an assignment due in a couple days. A few days later, I spoke with members of the company about the role, which was brief.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MuteSix (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter via email. We Scheduled a phone call and talked for maybe 20 mins. I thought the call went well but considering I never heard anything again despite multiple follow-up emails, I guess it didn't go as well as I thought. Had I been informed that my candidacy had come to an end, I would have rated the experience as positive but I have little respect for companies that ghost candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MuteSix

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MuteSix in Dec 2020

Interview

I was initially reached out to on LinkedIn by a recruiter from MuteSix, so I didn't actually apply. I had an initial phone call with her where she explained about the position and the company. This went well! After that, things went downhill. My interview was cancelled and rescheduled three times, and the fourth time it was at 7pm CT. The video interview was with Moody. He kept saying "cool cool" as if he wasn't really listening, and I could hear his message notifications going off and see him reading them, even in the middle of talking to me (where he would lose his train of thought). At the end of the interview, I asked what MuteSix was doing to help employees maintain a healthy work/life balance and he laughed and said "I don't know, I work all the time." Major red flag. They have tiers of employees with designated salaries for each. They'll bring you in at a tier that's lower than your experience with extremely low pay, and it sounds like the pay doesn't differ from where you live in the country. Below are the tiers I was told: L1 : 1-2 yr exp, $60k L2 : 2-3 yr exp, $65k L3 : 4+ yr exp, managing a team, $70k+ commission to take you to around $85k-90k L4 : $115k average + commission L5 : $135k + making commission on whole team It sounds like they only hire L1-3 and you need to be in the company to be promoted to L4-5.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MuteSix (Los Angeles, CA) in Nov 2020

Interview

Just a general phone call discussing background and resume. Asked about prior experience and how comfortable I would be in the position. Asked about familiarity with certain qualifications and such.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

MuteSix

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at MuteSix in Oct 2020

Interview

Had a total of 3 interviews and had to complete an assessment. Everyone was very welcoming and informative. Recruiters were excellent at communicating next steps with me. Company culture is one of transparency and respect.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MuteSix (Los Angeles, CA) in Sep 2020

Interview

TL:DR I was recruited (internally) by MuteSix via LinkedIn. After an initial email and phone screen, I had a second screen and scheduled a video interview with 3 members of the team. I was then given an assessment project (standard) and one day later I was offered the position. Longer version: After the initial screening call, there was a slight (2.5ish) delay - but I didn't think much of it due to COVID, the fact they reached out to me, and the fact that I was employed by another company. After that, it moved very quickly - so if you don't count the initial screen, I had a screen, interview, project, and offer within 7 business days.

Interview Questions
  • What are some key experiences that tie you into this role that will lead you to success in the position?

MuteSix

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MuteSix in Sep 2020

Interview

I reached out to MuteSix's recruiter through LinkedIn and got a response really quickly. She was transparent throughout the whole process, updating me weekly after my second interview. Although I didn't get an offer, I really appreciated her timely updates and honesty when calling me about the decision. She also offered great advice for my job search and encouraged me to keep in touch for future opportunities.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to leave your job? What are you looking to get out of MuteSix?

MuteSix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MuteSix

Interview

I had an initial 30 minute phone screen with the team, then was brought in for an on-site interview. The on-site interview process was great, they asked me about my previous role and duties and how I could apply my skill set to this position. We spoke for about an hour and then they kept me updated on when I should hear back. The team was communicative and stayed in touch with me for about a week until I received an offer. They also showed me around the office, and made sure I understood company culture and values. It was a clear and exciting process.

Interview Questions
  • What were you previous duties/responsibilities? How do you work in a fast pace/team oriented environment? How do you handle multitasking?

MuteSix

Application

I interviewed at MuteSix

Interview

Got stood up for my second phone interview and they didn’t even open with an apology or acknowledgment when we finally got on the rescheduled phone call. Very obvious lack of internal communication—one of their recruiters reached out to me first (I never applied), but they didn’t seem to know that when interviewing me. One person in particular was SO incredibly snarky and terrible at interviewing, had a condescending tone and attitude (I feel like the other negative reviews are about this same person too). I also got scolded at for trying to confirm things that they didn't make clear to me in emails. Worst job interview process I’ve ever been a part of.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Interviews