My Gym Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2018

2.1

Children's Gym Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at My Gym Enterprises (Columbus, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied and within a few days was given a link to a personality test, after that I was invited for an interview, that I believed to be one on one. It turned out to be a group interview. I moved my lunch break back an hour to be available, and it took the whole hour. The didn't really focus on anyone in particular, and even though I was early, they had already started. Everything they described was basically like a daycare, which I had experience in, but they were very dismissive. I felt as though I hadn't even been interviewed, honestly. It was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? (This was literally the only question I was asked)   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at My Gym Enterprises.

Interview

There are two parts; A one-on-one then a floor interview. The floor interview can be very odd especially since you don't know anyone there. Best choice is to just overlook the awkwardness and just be interesting.

Instructor Interview

Interview

phone interview
    in-person interview
    give you some teaching issue that will happen in the future class room and let you find a way to solve it and explain how

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at My Gym Enterprises (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Quick fast easy. It's all about the children and how they are. Sat down with one of the managers. Very laid back nice people. Very smooth. But the pay is an unknown factor. And they train you one day just to see how you are with kids for an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at My Gym Enterprises (Newark, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Very kind interview process, she really seemed excited I was there and was eager to give me all the info she could. I interviewed with the owner of that location.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very willing to negotiate

Children's Fitness Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at My Gym Enterprises (Maitland, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Group interview with around 10 other applicants. The interview consisted of playing many games and following along in a class lead by another employee. Then we were split into groups and made to run a game for the rest. The interview felt like attending a class of around an hour. Fun, but definitely a workout.

Anonymous Employee in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at My Gym Enterprises (Nanuet, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application. Got a call. Came in for an interview and then again for a floor interview. All training materials were emailed and reviewed afterwards. They were incredibly kind and helped with all the training. They answered questions I had and expected a big personality.

Children' S Fitness Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at My Gym Enterprises (San Carlos, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The managers asked me basic questions about my work experience, my education, and my related skills, then had me put on a My Gym shirt and assist with a "terrific tots" class. I'm pretty sure I got the job because I actually sang along with the puppet show that the manager performed at the end of the class, and the actual assistant instructors didn't.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working with younger children?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at My Gym Enterprises (Aventura, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Found the job on craigslist and applied through the My Gym website. Owner called me the next day to set up an interview for later in the week. I went into the gym (told to wear comfortable clothes and socks) for an in-person interview. During my interview I only spoke with the owner, however it is not uncommon to speak with the director of the gym as well because that is who you will be working with most of the time. Being there for three years I started to see a pattern of who was being hired and who was not selected after their interview. You will not be hired if you are not extremely outgoing and loud. Timid people need not apply for the job. It was also apparent that if you weren't in decent physical shape you were not going to last long at the job. Like I stated earlier, it takes a lot of energy and I would often find myself sweating the entire shift.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at My Gym Enterprises (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

Most of your interview is out on the floor. You'll get to see first hand what a class is like. The biggest thing is to stay smiling! They're definitely looking to see how you interact with the kids and parents. Don't be afraid to get down on their level and play!

Interview Questions

• -What is your experience with children?
      -Can you perform with high energy and be on your feet for several hours at a time?   Answer Question