NBBJ Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

3.7

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBBJ (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

1 met with 3 senior architectural designers from different studios
    2 about 1-hour long interview, went through the personal introduction as well as career goal in the future.
    3 need to show your personality to show you could really enjoy teamwork with great professional skills.

Interview Questions

• what is your career goal in 5 years   1 Answer

Project Architect Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NBBJ in June 2015.

Interview

Eat before you go! Those were some of the longest days I've had in the interviewing process. You basically meet everyone, try to charm everyone, try to answer a million questions from all over the place- by the end, 20 strangers know everything about you

Interview Questions

• Are you married?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any children? Planning to have children in the near future?   1 Answer
    • Do you design using computer scripting?   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current company? ((About six people each asking me at least twice over the coarse of several hours before being on a web interview with another team that did the same))   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBBJ.

Interview

Can be a long day of interviews with several people in the studio. It is a good way to meet future coworkers, supervisors, and get a sense of the culture.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question, often asked by several people, "define what you think a Project Architect is/does."   1 Answer

Negotiation

able to negotiate salary, start date, moving costs

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NBBJ (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was 3 separate interviews. They gave me the tour of the office on the first visit, and for each visit after that, the interview team kept growing. It felt like they were letting me into their family, something i had never seen in a previous company. They turned out to be the best employer i had ever experienced so far.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve the problem of increasing cost and time of project delivery?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBBJ (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

telephone and in person interviews. met with senior staff and was given tour of office. met with staff from other offices via the conference and telephone, people were nice and interview was easy. used portfolio to show work and prior experience. checked references.

BIM Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBBJ (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in September 2017.

Interview

I apply for the BIM Leader position for NBBJ Shanghai, due to different time zones, so the interview was at 6AM. I joined a group skype conference, and three people interviewed me, they're BIM Leaders from different branch( Seattle, London, New York). The whole interview took about 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Revit is?   1 Answer