NBCNEWS.com Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at NBCNEWS.com

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at NBCNEWS.com

Found 7 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (Washington, DC) in Jul 2018

Interview

I Applied online and then took an online assessment. A couple of weeks later I had a Zoom interview and then offer about a week later Overall process about a month

Interview Questions
  • Experience and what I would want out of the internship
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (New York, NY) in Apr 2018

Interview

Two in-person interviews with same person as well as two employee referrals during the process. I applied online after being alerted about the position by an employee, had a follow up phone interview with HR, and two in-person meetings with the manager. The second meeting I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • Questions included if I had an interest in business reporting and how what I was currently doing applied to be an AP. Asked to describe stories I have contributed to and why I had an interest in my beat.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (United Kingdom)

Interview

The workplace seemed warm and friendly. The directions for the news exercise test were vague. The job description was also vague because they hadn't fully defined the role. The keyboard I used to take the test was quite clunky.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of stories should we be covering
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (New York, NY)

Interview

This was a 2-part interview process. For me I had to initially do a recorded Skype interview where I would be shown a question and then be prompted with 60 seconds to respond. There's a practice question beforehand, after that it starts recording after every question. Following that I got a phone call for the actual internship interview for NBC News Digital which was a pretty standard experience.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (United States)

Interview

It first involved an application process. Afterwards was the first round interview, which was quite straightforward. I had to work through journalistic questions and explain why I fit the role itself to the interviewer. The interview itself was laid back, but it demanded a strong grasp of knowledge on NBC News, journalism, and the program itself. It's important to have this information down pat before the interview. Market research can also be crucial to proving you have a solid background and are fit for the position.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you were trying to get the mother of an 8 year old child to appear on your show, and another channel was competing to get the mother to answer as well?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (United States) in Apr 2012

Interview

Very informal, I interviewed with an executive producer with whom I interned with. Busy newsroom with very little privacy, fast paced and somewhat intimidating. Great environment where long hours and little time off should be expected.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to travel with very little notice and remain on call 24-7?
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (Seattle, WA) in May 2011

Interview

5 interviews 1st was HR- Know what ur talking about. Understand the position ask lots of questions 2nd was Manager- Long interview close to 40 mins. Ask lots of questions. Study online advertising. 3 inperson interviews all three by senior members of the team, one was the same manager

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email