NBCNEWS.com Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

Other11%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at NBCNEWS.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

Great with three steps, first on phone, then with small crew, then with big crew. They take the time by asking my experience and relationships at my workplace. Even the regular time to fix it all.

Interview Questions
  • What will you do if you had a disagreement with someone?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (New York, NY) in Aug 2020

Interview

No algorithms questions. Discussed previous experience. Some RDBMS and OOD questions, very basic. Like what is the difference between where close and having close. Describe principles of Object Oriented Design. Describe how Java garbage collector works. What is polymorphism? Overriding? Overloading?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NBCNEWS.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com in Oct 2019

Interview

Swift, unexpected, professional, they didn’t give a heads up and just called in my mobile in the middle of the day to do the interview, which saved you a lot of energy thinking and worrying

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (Washington, DC) in Jul 2018

Interview

I Applied online and then took an online assessment. A couple of weeks later I had a Zoom interview and then offer about a week later Overall process about a month

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (New York, NY) in Apr 2018

Interview

Two in-person interviews with same person as well as two employee referrals during the process. I applied online after being alerted about the position by an employee, had a follow up phone interview with HR, and two in-person meetings with the manager. The second meeting I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • Questions included if I had an interest in business reporting and how what I was currently doing applied to be an AP. Asked to describe stories I have contributed to and why I had an interest in my beat.

NBCNEWS.com

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com

Interview

The workplace seemed warm and friendly. The directions for the news exercise test were vague. The job description was also vague because they hadn't fully defined the role. The keyboard I used to take the test was quite clunky.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of stories should we be covering

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (New York, NY)

Interview

This was a 2-part interview process. For me I had to initially do a recorded Skype interview where I would be shown a question and then be prompted with 60 seconds to respond. There's a practice question beforehand, after that it starts recording after every question. Following that I got a phone call for the actual internship interview for NBC News Digital which was a pretty standard experience.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

NBCNEWS.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com

Interview

It first involved an application process. Afterwards was the first round interview, which was quite straightforward. I had to work through journalistic questions and explain why I fit the role itself to the interviewer. The interview itself was laid back, but it demanded a strong grasp of knowledge on NBC News, journalism, and the program itself. It's important to have this information down pat before the interview. Market research can also be crucial to proving you have a solid background and are fit for the position.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you were trying to get the mother of an 8 year old child to appear on your show, and another channel was competing to get the mother to answer as well?

NBCNEWS.com

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com in Apr 2012

Interview

Very informal, I interviewed with an executive producer with whom I interned with. Busy newsroom with very little privacy, fast paced and somewhat intimidating. Great environment where long hours and little time off should be expected.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to travel with very little notice and remain on call 24-7?

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (Seattle, WA) in May 2011

Interview

5 interviews 1st was HR- Know what ur talking about. Understand the position ask lots of questions 2nd was Manager- Long interview close to 40 mins. Ask lots of questions. Study online advertising. 3 inperson interviews all three by senior members of the team, one was the same manager

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews