NBCNEWS.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

3.2

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (New York, NY).

Interview

This was a 2-part interview process. For me I had to initially do a recorded Skype interview where I would be shown a question and then be prompted with 60 seconds to respond. There's a practice question beforehand, after that it starts recording after every question. Following that I got a phone call for the actual internship interview for NBC News Digital which was a pretty standard experience.

News Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com.

Interview

It first involved an application process. Afterwards was the first round interview, which was quite straightforward. I had to work through journalistic questions and explain why I fit the role itself to the interviewer. The interview itself was laid back, but it demanded a strong grasp of knowledge on NBC News, journalism, and the program itself. It's important to have this information down pat before the interview. Market research can also be crucial to proving you have a solid background and are fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were trying to get the mother of an 8 year old child to appear on your show, and another channel was competing to get the mother to answer as well?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com in April 2012.

Interview

Very informal, I interviewed with an executive producer with whom I interned with. Busy newsroom with very little privacy, fast paced and somewhat intimidating. Great environment where long hours and little time off should be expected.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel with very little notice and remain on call 24-7?   1 Answer

Ad Product Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

5 interviews
    1st was HR- Know what ur talking about. Understand the position ask lots of questions
    2nd was Manager- Long interview close to 40 mins. Ask lots of questions. Study online advertising.
    3 inperson interviews
    all three by senior members of the team, one was the same manager

Negotiation

No They offer good salaries.

Senior Reporter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBCNEWS.com.

Interview

The workplace seemed warm and friendly. The directions for the news exercise test were vague. The job description was also vague because they hadn't fully defined the role. The keyboard I used to take the test was quite clunky.

Interview Questions

• What kind of stories should we be covering   1 Answer