NBN Co Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NBN Co

2.9

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview part of the recruitment process was normal: HR screening, direct manager interview, GM interview. I was then told I got offered the role, but they were working through head count (I thought head count approval happens pre interview and recruitment). I was led on for five weeks, where I had to continuously follow up with my appointed HR person every week. I was told that everything would be fine, they just needed approval on headcount. After four weeks, I was told the PERM position had gone to a 3 month contract in the view to then move to PERM. I explained in this current environment that I would be silly to give up my existing permanent job for a small contract (and really they hadn’t given me much faith in their word). Long story short, after five weeks I got a 4 minute call telling me they were no longer recruiting for a job and that the hiring manager would call me to explain. Six weeks later since interviewing and I’m still waiting for that call...
    Extremely extremely disappointing process, and if this is any indication of the business, I feel like I may have dodged a bullet. Shocking experience - the worst interview experience I’ve had in my career. I do hope NBN reviews this and takes immediate action for future recruitment.

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBN Co (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2020.

Interview

Online application, submitted resume and cover letter even if letter was not asked for. Phone screen by person located in New Zealand on general background salary expectations and availability then short listed interview.

Interview Questions

• Experience in handling tough deadlines, experience in handling tough stakeholders   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2020.

Interview

Participants were late and didn't ask any real in depth questions.
    Interview was totally disjointed and very unprofessional.
    Hiring manager mentioned that an internal person was temporarily seconded into the role who ended up with the position.
    I feel I was there only to make up the numbers as the Talent agent and HM demonstrated no real care.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co.

Interview

Screening interview, followed by interview with the hiring manager.
    Stock standard questions of tell me a time.....etc
    Post interview no follow up at all had to chase for the results. Then the reason given for not being offered the position was totally off base.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time when you had to deal with multiple deadlines.   Answer Question

Executive Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (North Sydney (Australia)) in August 2019.

Interview

3 interviews: (1) hiring manager, (2) peers, (3) case study presentation; first two were diving into CV, motivation for application and cultural fit, last interview (case study) tested knowledge, thinking, narrative and presentation skills utilising a topic very tightly interlinked to the advertised role.
    Overall challenging questions asked from diverse angles, but in a friendly environment.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2019.

Interview

had an online testing, then a video interview. All in all not too hard, online testing was quite fun. The video interview questions were not timed so you could take as long as you wanted to prepare for the questions.

Interview Questions

• most interesting thing about you that we woudlnt learn from your resume alone?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBN Co.

Interview

Had a brief discussion about the role and discussed my past experience. While i was having the interview it was obvious that they already had someone to take the position. So it was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past role?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Interview

Initial online assessment followed by an online video interview you can complete at your own pace. Then a group assessment centre and final interviews. Contact both via email and phone during interview process.
    Pleasant process and they provided feedback to candidates at later stages.

Interview Questions

• Describe a group project you have been a part of. What was your role? How did you ensure you achieved your objective?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBN Co (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online on 16th, August. The first interview was a phone interview. It took about 10-15 minutes. The second interview was arranged about 1.5 weeks after that. It has been 2 weeks since the second round. I have not received any news now.

Interview Questions

• introduce yourself?
      what experience you have that is related to your applied job?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBN Co in August 2018.

Interview

Telephone screen with HR and then 2 face-to-face interviews with dept managers. Interviews themselves weren’t overly difficult-asked behaviourally based questions. Time for the interviews to be arranged was very lengthy (two months from first contact) and managers did not get back to you in the timeframes they indicated. Main recruiting manager seemed flustered and it appeared that it was difficult for them to make decisions. I was told I was unsuccessful via email, after several days’ delay-unprofessional and disappointing to be told via email and not called esp. considering this was a senior mgt role.

(Next steps would have been a final/4th round of interviews, background checks, psych testing and medical/drug screen. )

Interview process (and especially the final contact via email) did not reflect well on the interviewers or company.

NBN was also very sensitive to being considered gov’t-they described themselves as a commercial organisation that has gov’t funding. But processes and timeframes are slow and bureaucratic.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage large scale organisational change with your teams.   Answer Question