NESTA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at NESTA

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NESTA (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Normal application (CV, letter), one Skype interview, one in person. For the second interview I was offered to skype as well, if necessary.
    After the first interview, I was asked to complete a written exercise, which I got a brief and several days (over the weekend) for.
    Quick, friendly, kept me updated on progress, even apologised when feedback to a little longer then expected

Interview Questions

• Quite a bit about my previous role, some scenario questions ("What would you do to achieve x if we had already tried y and failed?")   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NESTA (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I was put through by a recruiter, and having seen my application, via the recruiter Nesta asked me to write about an innovation I thought was effective and why. Then put through to face to face interview for which I had to present on an article they provided.

Interview Questions

• I was required to present. Then asked about my experience, they asked in particular whether I wrote a blog or put my ideas out there.   1 Answer

Rater Not Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NESTA (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Luckily the process was quite direct, just a CV and cover letter. There wasn't a long online application. This was followed by a first interview, a task completed at the office, a presentation and a second interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviews focused primarily on the parts of the job spec labeled 'optional'. They aren't optional.   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NESTA (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

The process included submitting a cover letter and CV, and then I had two interviews. The first was a shorter, less formal interview. The second required me to prepare information and a presentation ahead and was demanding. I spent days preparing at all stages. I can't recall if I needed to do a written exercise as well, but this is often standard practice at Nesta for many roles.