NFP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.8

Life's Benefit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NFP (Plainview, NY).

Interview

Phone interview. Then about a few days later went for the in person interview. Very relaxing atmosphere. Talked to the HR lady for 45 minutes then talked to the benefit coordinators for another 45 minutes to an hour. Very long interview.

If offed a job they do not drug test for THC

Interview Questions

• Why would we hire you with no life insurance experience?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NFP (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial communication was phone screen, then I was asked to record myself on video answering a set of questions about sales. If you make the cut you are then invited to fly to the regional headquarters. They flew me out, put me up in a hotel, they covered all the expenses including the taxi from the airport. I met with several Directors, from Human Resources to Sales Directors. They were very professional and took genuine interest in getting to know me as an individual, especially the talent acquisition director. The sales director was more to the point, wanted specifics on selling intangible services and not very warm and seemed unimpressed. I felt really great up until this point in the interview, walked out thinking I had nailed it. Few days later I got a call from talent acquisition director praising me for the great interview and they wanted to move forward and have me meet the market director. I showed up thinking it was a formality but the interview went awful, I was repeatedly told I wasn't going to fit in, flat out told I would fail at the role, really just a ton of negative energy.

Human Resources Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NFP (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy going, My first interview I met with The Director of Talent Operations and the VP of Human Resources, It was a great two way conversation. I was asked to return the following week and met with the VP of Talent Management, again it was a great 2 way conversation.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were all based on my resume and the types of Projects I have worked on.
      They also asked why would you like to work for NFP and what were your greatest achievements. During my second interview I had to put together a Project Plan, and I had only 20 to 30 minutes to do it.. Not a easy thing to do at all, Basically it's impossible with the necessary info all PMs need..I suggest you stick with the Basic 5 knowledge areas of PMP and just drill down processes as much as you can.   Answer Question

NFP Response

Sep 9, 2016 – Director

Thank you for the feedback and suggestion to improve the skills assessment component of the interview. We make a conscious effort to create a welcoming environment for all of our candidates; it just... More

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NFP.

Interview

It was a basic phone interview prescreen process, mostly fit questions. Followed by an in office interview with some of the management team, again is was mostly fit questions, nothing too technical.

Interview Questions

• What is one weakness? Tell us about a time you failed? Why NFP?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NFP.

Interview

Submitted resume and completed applications, phone interview and then did a video interview. I had to resubmit my resume with the video interview and answer many of the same questions. Overall it was positive. The recruiter was very pleasant and answered my questions. The video interview was like a skype interview but you taped your answers to questions so you really were just talking to a camera. The recruiter personally called and told me that I was no longer being considered and gave me feedback. I thought that was very professional.

EB-5 Wealth Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NFP (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through the NYU career net. Was contacted quickly after and scheduled a phone interview. Interviewer was VERY friendly we ended up talking about other things outside of finance as well. He really wanted to get an idea of what type of person i was. he was interested in seeing if I was personable.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
      Why NFP?
      Why wealth management?
      How will you help the firm expand?   Answer Question

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NFP (Austin, TX).

Interview

Initial phone screening was done by my recruiter and then I had 2 phone interviews, and was brought on within a week of the first one. First interview was with the VP of my department and was very relaxed and good. 2nd was with the technical person from the team I would be working on. They got a lot more detailed and tested me on my knowledge.

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NFP (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

One phone interview. Two separate in person interviews with groups. The process took about two weeks. The interview teams were a mix of higher ups and new team members, everyone was easy to relate to even in an interview setting.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NFP (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process that moved very quickly. I found the internship via LinkedIn and applied online with a resume and cover letter. A phone screening with the internship coordinator followed a few days later. Shortly after, I interviewed in the Austin office and met the team; they extended an offer within the week.

The phone screening included standard interview questions: your knowledge of the company, walk through resume, behavioral questions, short/long term career goals and whether NFP fits that path. The in-person interview seemed much more of an opportunity for the team to give their green light on whether you'll fit in their culture well. We walked through my resume casually and connected well on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NFP in May 2015.

Interview

Simple process starting with phone interview and including an in person meeting at there office. No difficult questions, only simple "fit"questions. Overall work experience was great, not very demanding with tasks or anything in particular. Give a great opportunity to learn about the industry.