Cover image for NFP

3.9
NFP Chief Executive Officer Douglas W. Hammond
Douglas W. Hammond

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Most people are great.(in 40 reviews)
  • "NFP has a great culture and continues to think of new ways to support their employees.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Benefits and pay is good(in 28 reviews)
  • "Good work/life balance (most of the time).(in 17 reviews)
  • "Leadership is excellent at managing the growth while ensuring employees stay focused on providing our clients top notch service.(in 13 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of NFP and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

A company that cares

May 24, 2022 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had some complications from a recent surgery and NFP could not have been more accommodating.

Cons

None, NFP truly embraces a culture of caring and "People First"

NFP

We trust and hope you are doing better! We really care about our employees and their families and try to live out our PeopleFirst culture every chance we get. Thank you for leaving us a review.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Starting career

Nov 16, 2022 - Financial Advisor Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people who are smart and caring

Cons

large company hard to get to know everyone

3. Join the NFP team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

I will come back for full review

Dec 7, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really really struggling with this one at the moment

Cons

Several however, what didn’t work for me just might be perfect for someone else.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

NFP isn't a bad company (just a mediocre one)

Nov 13, 2022 - Marketing in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some cool people, basic benefits, company's heart is in the right place

Cons

WARNING! If you are looking for remote work, DO NOT APPLY TO NFP. The company has been trying to get rid of its remote workers for the last year and will do anything to hire an in office replacement for you. You are constantly monitored by 'tattleware' (including random web cam checks), are treated differently than in office employees and will probably be fired or replaced in the next six months if the company has its way.

NFP

We are sorry that you did not have a positive work experience at NFP. During the pandemic NFP implemented a Blended Workplace Program that’s a blend of remote, hybrid and in-person work in our offices. We’ve worked hard to create a flexible work environment and place a high value on our relationships with each other. Your comments are concerning as this is contrary to our approach to focus on flexibility, engagement and diversity for our workforce. I welcome you or any employee, to reach out to me personally, if you would like to discuss any concerns. Thanks for your feedback. -Mary Steed, Chief People Officer

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A place where hungry professionals can thrive

Apr 16, 2022 - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Excellent benefits package which starts the 1st of the month from date of hire + Currently providing a brand-new laptop, docking station, and two monitors for remote work, which great improves productivity and sense of value + Great library of apps and tools available for use at work alongside social networks; NFP doesn't cut corners when it comes to resources + Active corporate compliance and HR team frequently host trainings + IT is usually quick to provide assistance with hardware and software issues + As an Account Executive, I experience a great deal of autonomy with accomplishing my role without micro-managing from my consultant + Colleagues are responsive and supportive with questions and guidance + I currently feel that I can grow and move up the ranks at this organization

Cons

- Though corporate provides a plethora of training for basic tools and policies, there is virtually no training for actual role responsibilities - Due to the overwhelming amount of work, consultants and client advocates do not have time to train newcomers on procedures - There is currently no singular or simplified method for saving and tracking account information, such as reliance on Excel spreadsheets, share files, etc., leading to awkward transitions between account managers - By extension, there's multiple methods of communication, which leads to confusion on company standards and procedures

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Great Company

Nov 20, 2022 - Account Mgmt in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive atmosphere, DEIB initiatives in place, remote work

Cons

None at this time 2022

8. 4.0

Good corporate leadership

Nov 19, 2022 - AVP
    Business Outlook

Pros

Progressive company with good top down leadership

Cons

Average benefits and average pay

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

New employee

Nov 20, 2022 - Client Executive in Middletown, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance. Great management, have processes in place

Cons

I have None at this time.

10. 1.0

Management are bullies

Dec 1, 2022 - Analyst in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent compensations and benefits ...

Cons

They invest in leadership development and then do opposite. Management are bullies, they are not accommodating and try to get rid of you when you stand up for yourself. New recruits quickly leave once they realize the environment isn't improving. Very few former employees dare to complain to HR and even then nothing changes.

NFP

Bullying is never ok, and we expect employees to report it when it happens. If you feel you can't speak to your Manager or HR Business Partner about a situation, please utilize NFP's hotline at 855-296-9085 or visit www.nfp.alertline.com. Both are 100% anonymous and confidential. All reports are reviewed carefully and issues are investigated thoroughly. We work hard to create an environment where all employees feel safe, supported and respected, and we know there is always opportunity to be better. I would like to discuss your concerns and if you’re comfortable doing so I welcome you to contact me directly. Thank you. -Mary Steed, Chief People Officer

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Just Ok

Dec 2, 2022 - Account Manager in Morristown, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home and being able to work independently.

Cons

No organization within Specialty departments along with a lack of service model enforcement.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 445 Reviews
</>Embed

NFP Reviews FAQs

NFP has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 518 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at NFP to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, NFP employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at NFP. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

71% of NFP employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NFP 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NFP to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with NFP Job Seekers