NHL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.6

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHL (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online recieved a call from HR within a 10days, They asked me to go for a interview 2 days later. I met the Direct supervisor at the NHL offices in NY. We talked about the role and what i had done in the past. As well as discussed what working for NHL is like on a day to day (pretty awesome). The interview itself was pretty laid back didn't feel pressured at any point.
    Unfortunately, I didn't receive a offer I called them about a week and half later to check in on the status. I received a email the next day saying the had chose another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Are you a hockey fan?   1 Answer
    • What products have you used in this industry?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

Interview

Relatively quick process; HR gave the toughest questions, the rest of the finance people were basically just friendly conversation to discuss the company and my experiences, quick and straightforward. Standard hiring process, 2 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave current role?
      What is your biggest accomplishment?
      If there was 1 thing you wanted your manager to know about you, what would it be?
      Why do you want a job at NHL?
      If you could ask the commissioner 1 thing, what would it be?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NHL.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring managers. They asked resume questions and then why you're interested in working for the NHL. No technical questions but want to see that you know about the league and current events

Coordinator Interview

Interview

I spoke with the department director alone for the first half hour. Then I spoke with the head of HR alone. I told her I was willing to take a pay cut to work for the NHL, hoping to get a recommendation from the director later on. She told me they don't do recommendations.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHL (New York, NY).

Interview

Very quick response to application. Two rounds of interviews. Very straightforward and painless. Everyone I met with was very friendly and concerned with giving me all the possible information that he or she could about the position itself. The entire process took about three weeks, and I never had any serious questions because I was kept very much in the loop about the timeline of the process and reasoning behind their decisions.

N/A Interview

Interview

Process was slower than other places and had to meet with a lot of different people and go in on several different occasions. Questions were very detailed and specific. Once offered the position the process went by quickly.

Negotiation

N/A

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHL (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

1) Call with manager 2) In person with peers on the same team 3) In person with upper management. Each of these meetings was straight forward and pleasurable, the office/work environment was great.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHL (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Sat down with potential supervisor and just held a conversation to learn about the company and my daily duties as he evaluated whether or not I would be a good fit

Interview Questions

• It was very personable and easy going I do not remember exact questions   1 Answer

Digital Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NHL (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone after my supervisor reviewed my portfolio.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NHL in January 2013.

Interview

Quick and efficient interview. Interviewer spoke more about the internship and seemed to be selling it. Interviewer asked about my past experiences and what I wanted from the job.