NHL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NHL

2.6

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NHL (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Two interviews: 1st with HR and 2nd with attorneys I would be supporting. Everyone was very friendly and down to earth. The managing attorney was a little hostile and acted jealous towards me (not sure why). It was a bit odd and I attribute that to why I wasn't offered the position. That was the only notable awkwardness of the interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHL (New York, NY).

Interview

Sat in with a director for a bit, directly followed by another interview with three other directors/managers. Everyone was super friendly! The first interview was standard and felt like an interview, but the next was very laid back and felt like a group conversation rather than an interview. They left off with a 'homework' assignment to see what I was capable of; this was a bit nerve-wracking, but I pushed through despite little instruction and incomplete data given. Contacted all 4 people a few times following the homework submission, yet received no replies back, not even to inform me that the position had been filled. My only negative from the experience is that nobody replied or contacted me back, so I had my hopes up for a bit longer than I should have lol.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NHL.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring managers. They asked resume questions and then why you're interested in working for the NHL. No technical questions but want to see that you know about the league and current events

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NHL in January 2013.

Interview

Quick and efficient interview. Interviewer spoke more about the internship and seemed to be selling it. Interviewer asked about my past experiences and what I wanted from the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHL (New York, NY).

Interview

Very quick response to application. Two rounds of interviews. Very straightforward and painless. Everyone I met with was very friendly and concerned with giving me all the possible information that he or she could about the position itself. The entire process took about three weeks, and I never had any serious questions because I was kept very much in the loop about the timeline of the process and reasoning behind their decisions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHL (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Sat down with potential supervisor and just held a conversation to learn about the company and my daily duties as he evaluated whether or not I would be a good fit

Interview Questions

• It was very personable and easy going I do not remember exact questions   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHL (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

1) Call with manager 2) In person with peers on the same team 3) In person with upper management. Each of these meetings was straight forward and pleasurable, the office/work environment was great.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHL (New York, NY).

Interview

Relatively quick process; HR gave the toughest questions, the rest of the finance people were basically just friendly conversation to discuss the company and my experiences, quick and straightforward. Standard hiring process, 2 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave current role?
      What is your biggest accomplishment?
      If there was 1 thing you wanted your manager to know about you, what would it be?
      Why do you want a job at NHL?
      If you could ask the commissioner 1 thing, what would it be?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHL (New York, NY).

Interview

The whole interview process was a little lengthy but apropos to the position. I applied online, and it took about a month for the first interview, even tho I was one of the first candidates to be interviewed.
    I met with a total of 8 people. I met with 2 the first time. During the second interview I was expected to meet with 6 other people and as a result ended setting up 2 meetings. I met 2 people on my second interview and 4 during the 3rd and final interview.

The whole experience was enjoyable albeit exhausting.

Interview Questions

• It wasn’t really a question/answer type of setting, it was more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online recieved a call from HR within a 10days, They asked me to go for a interview 2 days later. I met the Direct supervisor at the NHL offices in NY. We talked about the role and what i had done in the past. As well as discussed what working for NHL is like on a day to day (pretty awesome). The interview itself was pretty laid back didn't feel pressured at any point.
    Unfortunately, I didn't receive a offer I called them about a week and half later to check in on the status. I received a email the next day saying the had chose another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Are you a hockey fan?   1 Answer
    • What products have you used in this industry?   1 Answer