NICTA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NICTA

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at NICTA

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NICTA.

Interview

Phone interview with three people. Mostly technical.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember. The interview was fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation happened.

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NICTA (Adelaide (Australia)) in January 2014.

Interview

there was a phone interview at first with some general qs to be filled in, followed by a video one on site with an interview panel at the other end, the interview ran for abt 90 mins, was asked for some more general qs and technical qs. the manager was nice and easy, the thing is the panel ppl. if they don't like ur answers, u r out.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NICTA (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied through NICTA career website for a Researcher/Senior Researcher (software Systems group) position. 3 weeks no answer. I called and ask HR who passed my follow up to the team leader. Received email after one week stating my resume didn't make it for the next stage as they receive so many applications. I asked for specific feedback (which criteria I didn't meet) but no answer (was very rude!)

My qualification, work experience and work align very well with the selection criteria. I have prepared all the required documents (detailed CV, publications, future research statements, cover letter, and references). The response was not reasonable. couple of Chines who the team lead knows have been hired without any interviews or job application.

Interview Questions

• No question or reasonable interview response have been given..Don't waste your time to work in such environment. it's unstable and controlled by lobbies   Answer Question

Summer Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NICTA (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was shot and mostly technical. Questions were mostly around the project. I was informed before hand about the technologies/Languages that I needed to brush up before appearing for the interview. The interviewer was helped me in solving the interview questions that is, when I got stuck at some logical/technical point in the answer he provided me with the required tips so that I could answer the questions effectively.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic for example - write a method to calculate the shortest path from one node to another in a graph.   Answer Question