NRG Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NRG Energy Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy.

Interview

Applied online and received phone interview and then onsite. Started with HR and then hiring manager and then the team. Received offer within a month. Positive experience overall and just need to get through the initial stages.

Interview Questions

• The standard corporate finance questions. Nothing difficult. Prepare to answer why you want to work in energy   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRG Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone with hr and then onsite with director and team members
    Nice building. The group was small and focused.
    Overall the company sounded focused on narrowing margins and the bottom line which was good

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Bad HR, makes you wonder how are these people supposed to have people skills!
    -Contacted by an HR through a common connection and was told my profile "is a peft match for the role" and that we should have a phone call.
    -I follow up, no answer. I follow up again, and again, and again. After three weeks, HR returns to me saying they decided my background is "a bit off" without an apology

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

2 interviews with HR over the phone and then 6 back to back interviews lasting over 3 hours. As for getting feedback? Forget it. HR went completely missing in action for nearly a month. After several calls and emails asking for an update, I finally received a FORM LETTER saying my skills were not a match for the position. What a complete and utter display of incompetence and professionalism. I am received the company showed it's true colors before I may have accepted a position I would have most certainly regretted.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle bad requirements.   1 Answer

Director of Business Operations Interview

Interview

For some reason, we skipped the HR screening interview and went straight to the hiring authority. Basic interview questions. Lead interviewer was low-energy and seemed pressed for time, which seemed strange given that this was a director-level position. It didn't go any further, which was a relief. I don't think I could have lived in Houston.

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Franklin, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Trains you on the spot. Easy to grasp concepts. Trains you on how to be successful and create leads for the team and yourself in which you get paid for monthly. There is also hourly pay added to that and bi-weekly pay for lead generators.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe will help you be successful with NRG?   1 Answer

Billing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NRG Energy.

Interview

Straight forward, did not take much time to feedback. Great overrall. I was very pleased with the person that interviewed me, as thr environment made me feel comfortable and confident. Asked many questions that would allow them to see what my ethical and personal values.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about ethics and values, I am assuming to see if you fit company values.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website, emailed me about the face-to-face interview through email after couple of days. Went in there, i had to meet with a staff member, manager and controller.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

50 Minute phone interview. The interview was more of technical. It had behavioral questions as well.
    1 hour written test: The written test comprised for 4 different document files. Three of which were fully technical and one was logical.

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Princeton, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

I met with four people. First interview was two people and they barely asked questions. After receiving the job I was told they came in just to check on my personality and make sure I was a good fit for the company. Second was with my boss and he asked questions about what I did in school, excel skills, etc. And the final person was a director and his questions were more scenario based.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life you had to work through a problem   Answer Question