NRG Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2018

2.6

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

My interview was brief and basically said since I was able to talk and wasn't too not shy... and i could hold a converation that I was hired and if i wanted the job. not saying that this was a bad experience bc i thought I did well. He didn't get to know me, he was basically just trying to full the open spots.

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Franklin, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Trains you on the spot. Easy to grasp concepts. Trains you on how to be successful and create leads for the team and yourself in which you get paid for monthly. There is also hourly pay added to that and bi-weekly pay for lead generators.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe will help you be successful with NRG?   1 Answer

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview manager was very easy going and professional.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Group Interview setting. Interview was casual and most questions were on topic. Took the time to tell me about the company and gave me a quick tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• Question about relevant job experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied within a week of the position being posted. In a week I was contacted by the HR person and spoke with him and talked to someone I'd be working with over the phone the next day. I had an in-person interview with 3 people the following week. It seemed like a great place to work as I had heard.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty standard. They wanted to know more about my background and why I was interested in the position. They also had personality and logic / math tests   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Applied for a different position, but was referred to the hiring manager for a job I thought I was a better fit for. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then a phone interview with the group director two days later. Interviewed in person the week after with several different employees.

Was asked questions about my resume, how to value assets, design a model, and general industry questions -- nothing that a seasoned energy professional couldn't handle.

Was kept in constant contact with both the hiring manager and the group director throughout the process. Received a very competitive offer the same week of the interview. The whole process was done in less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How to optimize inter-departmental information flows and analytical processes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Had a couple of phone interviews. Then went and met in person. Was interviewed by about 3-4 people before talking with my future direct supervisor. They asked a lot of the same questions and tried to gauge whether i would be a fit into their culture. The interview process was pretty relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Very nice process from beginning to end. They seem to really care about the employees and the candidates that they interview. Office environment is open so that will be an adjustment if you are accustomed to working in a cubicle.

Interview Questions

• To real tough questions. It was more of a get to know you interview with some insight into how the company works on a day to day basis. They were very considerate throughout. As you leave, they follow up with emails to see what you thought about the job and the company.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter in California for an inside sales opportunity in Austin, TX. He lied about the salary. Got to the interview and the manager let me know he hires only college grads. They don't offer health insurance and when I asked what holiday days were paid he didn't know. He also didn't know what Holiday time off one would have if hired. Now I know why they only hire college grads. Only college grads would be dumb enough to accept a position with no benefits. The recruiter also lied to me about the salary. He gave me a range. There is no range. It is a very low salary and the commissions are not very good and you don't get paid on them until deals close which takes a long time. The manager was a nice guy, the work environment was nice downtown, they pay for your parking but no benefits is not worth it. The manager let me know college grads were a dime a dozen and he doesn't have any trouble hiring them.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one. I was overqualified. If you have no sales skills and want to break into sales this is your chance by accepting this entry level position.   1 Answer

Salary is too low, no health insurance, not enough paid holidays, no paid vacation. Comments about hiring only college grads.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a 2 1/2 hour interview with four different people, 30 minutes each. The first was with the HR recruiter who was very nice and asked me typical behavioral questions about project management. The next person worked in a team that was looking for the intern and they asked me about my interests and asked me case questions related to the problems the team was facing. The last two people talked about what they did in the team and what the intern would be doing. The interview overall wasn't that bad. It just took a long time to hear a response back. It turns out the company wasn't going through with the internship anymore.