KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

NRG Energy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 125 of over 125 interviews

Recruiter9%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

NRG Energy

Application

I interviewed at NRG Energy

Interview

This was several years ago, but there were several back to back interviews - 4 in one day. I recall requests for me to draw excel functions on a whiteboard, recite formulas from memory, use those formulas to solve problems, and give my perspective on the renewables industry. Felt like a university exam.

Interview Questions
  • In 30 seconds, name as many ways you can think of to make money with a donkey
    Answer Question

NRG Energy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRG Energy in Jul 2022

Interview

HR left a voicemail for me at 6:30pm to call them back about the position I applied for. HR left a different number than the one that I was called from. Since it was late, I tried calling the next day. The number HR left was for a completely different person, but I left a message anyway. Later in the day, I tried the number I was called from, but the voicemail of HR was full and you could only send an SMS number. They never called back. I tried two more times with no return response, except a butt dial at 9:30pm with an immediate hang-up. Decided at this point if HR was so inept, it did not bode well for the company. I was never able to schedule an interview for the position they called me about.

NRG Energy

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy in May 2022

Interview

I was first reached out to by an outside recruiter, then had a call with the hiring manager and then 5 back-to-back 30 min interviews with managers and team members. Mainly asked in-depth questions about past projects and some general data science questions

Interview Questions
  • Difference between XGBoost and random forest Parameters to tune in random forest

NRG Energy

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NRG Energy in May 2022

Interview

-Behavioral questions about your prior work and education experience -Questions about any projects that have been done by you -Questions about your values as an individual and a prospecting intern -No technical questions were asked to me during the interview -Energy and enthusiasm was very important to show during the interview

Interview Questions
  • What do you think is most important? Intelligence, Teamwork, or Social skills?

NRG Energy

Application

I interviewed at NRG Energy

Interview

Good overall experience. Comfortable environment, a casual conversation with general questions about the design experience, skills, and tools. In some cases, a design challenge might be a part of the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience? What do you like to do in your free time?

NRG Energy

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NRG Energy in Mar 2022

Interview

The interview process went relatively quick. The interview was a panel interview with a senior analyst as well as the departments VP. Gave a response after the interview pretty quick. Gave me very positive feedback but ended up choosing a candidate with more experience in the energy sector.

Interview Questions
  • Interview was behavioral questions, asked me what I knew about the energy industry and why I wanted to get into it.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Houston, TX) in Mar 2022

Interview

Entrevista online. Muy amables. Me hicieron sentir muy comoda...estoy esperando una respuesta para ver si consegui el empleo. Fue una entrevista muy completa . Se nota el interes que ponen en el recurso humano..

Interview Questions
  • Pretension salarial ya que la oferta es para un nuevo puesto

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Allen) in Jan 2022

Interview

First round interview process was through a job recruiter for a 1-2 year contract role all remote. Second round was with the HR recruiter for 30 min. Both were fairly easy.

Interview Questions
  • Asked me about resume and experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Houston, TX) in Jan 2022

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 upper level managers, standard customer service interview questions as well as roll play request for 2 service calls. I was given an tour of the facilities and ended interview with them letting me know that their company has an extensive hiring process and that it would take up to 6 weeks to actually be hired on.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time that you were able to overcome a call with an angry customer.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I interviewed at NRG Energy (Charlotte, NC)

Interview

Great experience. They ask many technique questions about SQL. As well, ask some behavior questions about teamwork. Generally, the questions are not tough, but for the tech part, they need to prepare and understand your past work deeply.

Interview Questions
  • Do you know how to create a table with different type of variables?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Interviews

NRG Energy Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at NRG Energy according to 127 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 20.91%