NRG Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NRG Energy Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2018

2.5

Internal Controls Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy.

Interview

My experience was apparently an outlier. I went to the NRG booth at my uni’s career fair, they weren’t advertising for the role but I hit it off with the recruiter. She starred my resume and sent it directly to the lead recruiter in NJ. I didn’t find out until later that I bypassed the “first screening” which is a phone interview. They scheduled me to do 2 interviews on-site. I thought I had bombed my interview because they asked quite a few “prodding” questions and I didn’t really know the answer to some of them. The best advice I can give is to BE HONEST, if you’re lying in your resume or during your interview they’ll find out and that’s how you not get the offer. After that interview the lead recruiter from NJ sends an email about how you’ll be hearing back in a week or so. The next email I received was for a phone call with the recruiter and was extended an offer.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

I went thru a series of three interviews. Friendly interviews with standard interview questions, and great team who was very helpful. This position was great and the interview process was like most interviews.

ETRM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRG Energy.

Interview

The interview - both telephone and onsiste interviews, were simple. It was more to getting to know you. The hiring manager also gave a walk through of the office. However I never heard anything from HR after the onsite interview and I think that very unprofessional/rude - if a candidate is called onsite for an interview, I think it is a minimum courtsey to inform atleast the status of the interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was really simple. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward. It was a panel interview with 6 people but 1 person taking the lead and the others chiming in occasionally. I basically just went over my resume with them and answered any questions they had. The interview went great. Was told I would hear something either way in 2 weeks. That was 6 weeks ago. I have emailed once and called once with no response. So if you are looking for common courtesy from HR then you better skip this place. As job candidates we prepare, take off of work, and scrutinize ourselves after the interview. We at least deserve a "Dear John" snail mail, email, something. Totally disrespectful.

Business Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRG Energy in May 2017.

Interview

Most pathetic HR team. They mailed me in evening for interview which was scheduled for same day afternoon. They require local candidate from Chicago and still they mailed me for interview even though I stay in NJ. Why would you interview a person who is not local in first place. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you come down today in early afternoon from NJ to Chicago for interview ?   1 Answer

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

it was not bad, accept they make me pay for the parking lot which is $45, but it take them 2 months to do the security check . the manger was have the skills, but the supervisor was BF guy been seating on the chair for 15 years without any knowledge

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a 2 1/2 hour interview with four different people, 30 minutes each. The first was with the HR recruiter who was very nice and asked me typical behavioral questions about project management. The next person worked in a team that was looking for the intern and they asked me about my interests and asked me case questions related to the problems the team was facing. The last two people talked about what they did in the team and what the intern would be doing. The interview overall wasn't that bad. It just took a long time to hear a response back. It turns out the company wasn't going through with the internship anymore.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy.

Interview

Applied online and received phone interview and then onsite. Started with HR and then hiring manager and then the team. Received offer within a month. Positive experience overall and just need to get through the initial stages.

Interview Questions

• The standard corporate finance questions. Nothing difficult. Prepare to answer why you want to work in energy   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRG Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone with hr and then onsite with director and team members
    Nice building. The group was small and focused.
    Overall the company sounded focused on narrowing margins and the bottom line which was good

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Bad HR, makes you wonder how are these people supposed to have people skills!
    -Contacted by an HR through a common connection and was told my profile "is a peft match for the role" and that we should have a phone call.
    -I follow up, no answer. I follow up again, and again, and again. After three weeks, HR returns to me saying they decided my background is "a bit off" without an apology