NSTAR Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NSTAR Electric Interview Questions

Interview

Applied on-line. Got the interview schedule about 1 month after applied. Only 1 on-site interview about 40 minutes long, and got the result on the following week. I got all questions asking about my resume, no technical questions.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorchester, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NSTAR Electric (Dorchester, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quick and welcoming. I felt comfortable and excited about the company after two interviews. NSTAR looks to be a challenging, fun and rewarding place to work. I look forward to employment with them

Interview Questions

• During the interview process I was asked how I handled/managed folks as a supervisor when they were not performing to standard or causing problems for the organization.   Answer Question

Energy Efficiency Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NSTAR Electric (Westwood, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Saw the job posted online and applied. Had a very fast response from the HR professional who asked me a few questions on the phone as a screen then asked me to come in for an interview. Took a few weeks to find a time that worked for everyone. Came in on a Friday morning at 10 AM and was out by 11.

The location is horrific - no public transit access unless you want to take an outbound commuter rail to a location about 3/4 of a mile from their office. Huge construction site next door. Right off the 93/95 interchange so you're guaranteed to have bad traffic coming and going. Nothing nearby if you want to get a cup of coffee or a sandwich. The building itself was newish, though.

Interview was the HR person, my potential boss, and a potential coworker in a conference room with me. The HR person left pretty quickly and the boss ran through some canned questions. He seemed nice but rushed, and he took off after less than 30 minutes. I spent another 20 minutes alone with my potential coworker asking questions about the job. It was mostly me asking. They didn't seem to be all that interested in getting to know me, it seemed like they were just looking for a warm body who wouldn't ask too many questions.

The job is mostly contractor management. Some amount of field work. No overnight travel.

I didn't necessarily expect to get the job (nor did I want it, once I visited their office in the suburbs) but I was disappointed that not only did I not get any follow-up to my thank-you email, but that they never gave me a definitive yes/no answer.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle situations in which you are required to be the "bad guy?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NSTAR Electric (Westwood, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

It was a long interview process. I was interviewed over the phone, met with several people including the HR person, and hiring manager in person. The process was very slow moving.

Interview Questions

• We discussed my resume and skill set, the reasons I wanted to work for that company and in that exact job. I wouldn't say it was difficult for anything more than all of the time that was involved in phone interviews, in person interviews and drug testing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I believed the offer was generous/competitive as it seemed they were giving me the amount I was asking. I came to find out after the fact that it was less salary amount than I wanted, they calculated in other benefits to make it reach the $ value I stated I was looking for. Had I realized, the benefits were part of the calculation of salary amount, I would have sought more in the annual salary.