NTNU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at NTNU

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NTNU (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I was interviewed through Skype in Oct 2016. Skype interview. Fairly easy and relaxed. just technical and few personal questions were asked. There was a panel of the two supervisors, head of the department, faculty and department representatives. Immediately got the offer at the end of interview in an informal way.

PhD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gjøvik (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NTNU (Gjøvik (Norway)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through jobbnorge.no, received interview e-mail after 2 months. After interview they asked me to provide IELTS score. So i started preparing for test and appeared after 15 days of my interview. Fortunately i scored good in test and provided my IELTS scores. Finally, i got selection e-mail one and half month later and accepted that offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Norway?
      Q: Why PhD?
      Q: Previous research experience?
      Q: Biggest achievement of your life?
      Q: How do you fit for this position?
      Q: Your positives and negatives?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Mostly ask the grades and some basic knowledge of the subject. They need to understand of you are able to guide the students. Be open, people in Norway are easy-going

Anonymous Employee in Trondheim (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NTNU (Trondheim (Norway)) in May 2015.

Interview

Found position posted online. Wrote application, motivation letter, CV and applied for the position. At the interview I was asked questions pertaining to my motivation for getting a PhD, my experience in previous research, work ethics and what I expected from my PI. No tasks or case based problems to solve.

Interview Questions

• What are some skills you could improve by working for us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Trondheim (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NTNU (Trondheim (Norway)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds for the interview. Fellow from HR department with my two supervisors hold the interview. A very good conversation. The interviewers are very nice to talk and we have good communications on interested questions. The interviewers intended to test the Language level (if you are an international student); Professional level; Background; Motivation, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Trondheim (Norway)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NTNU (Trondheim (Norway)) in May 2014.

Interview

We had multiple skype interviews before they invited me to Trondheim to see the place and have final interview there. I would say it was very pleasant and honest interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked on my final interview to present my research work so far!
      Before that interview, I had standard interview questions (about motivation, and some about the field I was applying for (MRI) and do I feel comfortable with it)   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trondheim (Norway)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NTNU (Trondheim (Norway)) in January 2013.

Interview

Only depending on your grades. The process is quite easy, but of course you need good grades to get the job. They also ask if you are serious and can commit to meet the students every week and prepare for the sessions. But this is more a check as people tend to say yes

Anonymous Employee in Trondheim (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NTNU (Trondheim (Norway)) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone call first and a face-to-face interview later. The phone call was not easy due to the use of the hand-free set. I was a bit lost due to I do not know the details about the project I was going to be involved in. They sent me something about it in advance, but it was not enough to understand the topic. Indeed, now I realize that they did not have defined the scope of the research yet.

Interview Questions

• My previous research papers and experience.   1 Answer

Phd Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trondheim (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at NTNU (Trondheim (Norway)) in March 2012.

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NTNU (Oslo (Norway)) in May 2011.

Interview

questions about my background. i had to prepare a presentation and there were many questions following the presentations. Afterwards i have been asked also motivational questions about myself and my personality. Technical questions might be tough.