NV Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NV Energy Interview Questions

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NV Energy.

Interview

If your application has been selected for an interview, a member of the department’s hiring team will contact you to set up a time. Now, this is your chance to do some background research and to gather together everything you need to come to the interview confident and prepared.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview went well. I was contacted by HR. They asked that I review their diversity policy. The company has been losing senior people. I saw many people between 25-35 years old. They wanted to hire people who are younger to pay them less

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Salary was too low for what they asked to be performed'

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview, took two math tests and two typing tests and then a one on one interview with two gentleman. I was offered a little over 15.00 an hour during the interview. I received my offer letter in my e-mail offering me a little over 16.00 an hour, and then another offer letter for over 19.00 an hour! This company will review your skills and pay you appropriately. I appreciate that.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to show initiative.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was with a panel of three employees and they read from a list of questions. The whole interview lasted 45 min. They asked typical and common behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NV Energy (Reno, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an interview. Completed the interview. Received offer letter. For the internship interview the questions were very simple and not technical. They were questions like "tell us about yourself". For the engineer position they were more technical and applicable to the specific job. Overall, during both interviews I felt comfortable with the interviewer.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

Challenging and forthcoming! The interviewer challenged you with questions that invoked real-world examples. Demonstrated pride in company ethics and culture. Really made sure that you understood the Berkshire Hathaway company culture and set a level of expectations that are clearly their way of doing business today. Appreciate the interviewer's approach with their own career backgrounds in the company. Interviewer longevity was a good sign.

Interview Questions

• What would be the typical day in the life of your current position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

When you qualify for a certain position and management calls you and tells you not to apply, you wont get it, You talk to your team leader and he also tells you you wont get the job..... that is discrimination in the purest form.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NV Energy.

Interview

I was there for 1 interview. It was very nice, I had one HR representative and an engineer. The interview went smoothly. The questions flowed well into one another. Many of the questions started with, "Describe a situation in which.." I was very comfortable throughout most of the interview since the lady interviewing me was very relaxed. The people were friendly and seemed genuinely interested in wanting to know you based on the type of questions that were asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you've had to take the initiative   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NV Energy (Reno, NV) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy interview and testing process.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NV Energy in June 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard screening phone interview by HR followed a couple of weeks later with group interview by leads and director. Asked pre-written canned questions that were textbook. Some were rather arcane or unspecific and I got the idea when asking for more specific information such that I could answer more appropriately that the people asking the question didn't really understand the subject. Following the interview they indicated they would get back with me. I had moved on but about 4 weeks later I got a rejection letter. Followed up with a phone call to HR rep. to get more feedback and got "a lot of qualified candidates" BS.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question about PPM software but the question was indefinite and could have been interpreted as asking about portfolio compliance software and had to ask them to specify. Think it put them off.   1 Answer