Nabors Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nabors Industries Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.3

IT Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nabors Industries.

Interview

Interviewed with a Sr PM who was ok. He did most of the talking about himself and didn't really ask many questions. Then after he was finished he left the room and I heard him and another individual speaking loudly , as in a heated arguement, then an Indian woman came in and she introduced herself as the Sr Director. She said that she had to "straighten out"the guy I just intrviewed with because he was behind schedule on his projects. One scary place. I would not want to work there. They seemed very unprofessional. The indian woman seemed like she was not interested in conducting the interview. This was a waste of time.
    One thing the 1st guy mentioned was that they've been through 4 - IT Directors in the last 3 years. and that the Sr Director looks to blame everyone for her mistakes. Sounds like a snake pit. Very bad and uncomfortable experience.

Mudlogger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

I was briefly interviewed over the phone. He asked about my education and undergrad thesis. Then I was hired. It took two months to get an interview because their hiring manager died and the company is incredibly unorganized.

Senior Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Favoritism and not focused on what they want. Totally a waste of time and they hide a lot of facts about the Job. You need to ask thoroughly what your job function is . They can hire a Janitor and make him system admin and vice versa

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX).

Interview

It took HR approximately 4 months to contact me for an interview. The interview was very relaxed and not much was discussed about technical abilities. More was discussed about if my availability was flexible. I was offered a position almost a month later with surprisingly generous compensation package so I took it.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work weekends? Do you know how to ping a computer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since they offered a reasonable salary, I accepted.

Automation Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Nabors recruiter will contact you via phone for initial screening. Once approved you will get a phone call from a Hiring Manager. Mostly focused on what you are currently doing. Very bad tone of voice of hiring manager not sure if that was a tactic!

Interview Questions

• Who decides what to automate ?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was great it was a phone interview, working for 4 managers and all he wanted me to do the offer pay was too low so I declined the position.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience and will I be able to assist 4 managers   1 Answer

Rigwatch Tech Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nabors Industries.

Interview

The interview was held in the District manager's office with one of the coordinator's sitting on the floor and listening in on the conversation. We very briefly touched on my experience. Mostly we discussed people we knew in common. The Manager spent most of his efforts selling me on the company.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very to the point, informative and friendly. My hiring manager was very friendly and made me feel welcomed to the work environment; I knew right away that I was going to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What's your intended career path if you were to accept this position?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

After applying for the Entry-Level Mechanical Engineering position, they flew me down to Houston to let me know they would not be hiring after the drop in oil prices. They were very frank during the interview, with very little BS HR related questions. They were adamant about knowing why I wanted to work for Nabors.

Operational Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The people were very friendly. It was more of a sit down conversation. Did not grill you on anything. They basically just wanted to know more about who you were as a person.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.