National College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at National College

Career Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stow, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National College (Stow, OH).

Interview

Group style, all applicants in one room, each applicant had to "sell themselves". Some people left before they could speak. Must have presentation experience and not be shy! Very interesting. It is a good way to practice your interview skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National College in January 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday, got an email from the Campus Director that Thursday to come in to talk to him and get more information. The following week, I got a phone call from the Director of Admissions and had a mini interview with her. Thursday night, the Campus Director emailed me telling me how impressed the Director of Admissions was with me and asked me to come in for a peer interview with two employees that currently worked there, which I did the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National College (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

Group interview, followed by one on one with campus director and/or director of admissions if there is one at the campus.

Anonymous Employee in Northern, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National College (Northern, KY) in February 2013.

Interview

Called in for a group interview. You hear about the company and what they are looking for. Then you have to stand up and give a 5 minute elevator speech about yourself.

Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willoughby Hills, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National College (Willoughby Hills, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

Meet in group session at the location of the school. There was a large turn out and each person had to stand and talk about you. Process of elimination, various talent in the room, and after the Regional Director talked for 5 minutes about the position and salary, she advised the room if this isn't a fit for you we will take a 5 minute break and those who want to leave etc.

Interview Questions

• Prior employment, why you fill you are a fit for this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation because I thought I may be able to get a few thousand more. This company is extremely cheap.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National College in July 2010.

Interview

It was a panel interview. It was 8 people interview us and it was intimidating.

Interview Questions

• The Director of the school let the workers ask questions.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at National College in June 2012.

Interview

This was such a waste of time. They call you and tell you that you have been selected for an "information session" regarding the position you have applied for. This "information session" consisted of 15 other candidates in a classroom for over an hour and half!!

They give this LONG explanation as to why National College is the best, I felt like I was hearing a sales pitch the entire time. They even went as far as putting down my B.S. degree that received from a very good, public university. It was an insult to my intelligence basically.

Bottom line is that this was a complete waste of time. They choose 5 people from the 15 people that were in the room - and they made their decision based on a 3 sentence explanation we had to stand up and say regarding way we are the best fit for the job. They claimed that this "information session" is a better way for them to recognize who wants the job and who doesn't - but it really is the worst possible way to hold an interview. It was so unprofessional and so biased that I would not have accepted the face to face interview if I was selected from the 15 other candidates.

Interview Questions

• In two or three sentences, please explain why you feel you will be best fit for this job.   Answer Question