National Democratic Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Democratic Institute Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later for a phone screening. The phone screening tested my language skills. I was asked interviewed in English, Spanish and French. After the phone screening I was given a time translation test. I had to translate three excerpts (Spanish to English), (English to Spanish), (English to French).

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC).

Interview

After I applied online and conducted an informal phone interview, an NDI staffer sent me a writing test. After returning my answers, apparently to the satisfaction of the staffer, I was invited to NDI's offices in downtown Washington to interview in person. The interview was friendly, congenial, and around 45 minutes in length. Two NDI staffers asked me a battery of questions to establish my interest in NDI's work, any regional-specific knowledge/skills/qualifications, and generally to identify any glaring personality defects.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job and how do you plan to progress onwards in your career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

I was introduced to one of the Directors prior to applying. After meeting with the Director over coffee, her forwarded my information over to the decision makers, who ultimately conducted my interview. My interview was conducted over the phone by two individuals. They asked questions related to by background and experience. I had prior experience on Capitol Hill which they liked very much.

Interview Questions

• Explain your expertise working with Google docs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Overall, pretty standard. I was asked questions about my past experience, why I wanted to work at NDI, what distinguished me from other candidates. If you prep the standard interview questions you should be fine. I was able to ask lots of questions about the job and received thorough answers.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC).

Interview

Standard interview process with a super quick turnaround, because they were desperate to fill the position. Phone call followed by in person interview. Job offer made dependent on references.

They asked the basic interview questions, with a few technical questions focusing on women and tech and electoral violence.

Overall it was a good interview with two of the team members.

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute.

Interview

I learned about the position through a university listserv, and sent my application directly to the team member(s) that I would be working with.

Went through two sets on interviews with two people each. The first interview was a bit intimidating, but by the second one I knew what to expect, and it was a lot better.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Was not contacted for an interview until 5 months after I submitted my application. Once interviewed everything went very quickly, with one brief 15 min phone call and a follow up hour long in person interview the next week. Jr. staff conduct interviews, something they may not have a lot of experience doing prior.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. Typical strengths and weaknesses? Why are you interested in the position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted right away.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

After submitting a cover letter and resume online, I was called to set up a phone interview. At the end of that interview, I was asked to come in for a one-on-one. After the one-on-one with a Program Assistant, I received a call requesting I return two days later to have an interview with a Program Officer, which I did.

Interview Questions

• What other teams would I like to work for at NDI and why?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Espanola, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Espanola, NM) in September 2015.

Interview

pre interview over phone, several questions, follow-up phone call, email with news of in person interview, interview in person, 3 person panel, 45 minutes, ending with opportunity to ask questions, email following week with thank you for interviewing, 2nd email with rejection and offer to another candidate and thank you

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC).

Interview

First phone interview, then face to face at the hiring agency. Then I got called in the offices where I had to meet my supervisor, followed by a phone call with my supervisor's supervisor and finally the group interview.