National Democratic Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Democratic Institute Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.8

Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute.

Interview

I received an email for an interview the day after I submitted my application online. It was a two-phase face-to-face interview that took an hour. The first 30 minutes was with the program staff, and the second part was with the senior managers.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online on 8 July 2017. Received an email with request to schedule a phone interview with Senior Manager, Human Resources on 21 August 2017. She had very detailed questions about my resume and my experience. I liked her approach as she did not asked me to just to talk about my previous work as was done by other HR who contacted me. She had specific questions regarding specific information in my resume. She asked me about my salary expectations and I told her that I would llike to receive 40k-50k annually but it can be negotiated based on overal benefits package. We had a 1+ houre conversation. I asked her when they want the person to start working and she replied that approx in the middle of September 2017. I told her that I have one offer and one pending interview so she changed her approched and asked for in-person meeting to be scheduled the next day after phone interview. I went for interview with 2 people. We had known each other better through more detailed questions. She informed that that she is going on vacation and in case if I do not accept any other offer before she is back they will contact me again.
    As I understand such orginizations are not usually in a hurry so recrutiment processess takes more that 1 motnh.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 6 months and 1 year after employment?   1 Answer
    • Why we should hire you?   1 Answer

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute.

Interview

First, they will contact you for a phone interview. A second interview will follow, this time with the whole team.
    For the anxious interviewers out there: Just remember to take some deep breaths. They are already impressed by you, so don't fret too much. I found taking notes on the different programs and writing down all of my questions to be very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were related how I'd handle certain aspects of the job description. They wanted me to talk about the experiences on my resume, mainly. They also asked why I was interested in the position and what I knew about the program.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later for a phone screening. The phone screening tested my language skills. I was asked interviewed in English, Spanish and French. After the phone screening I was given a time translation test. I had to translate three excerpts (Spanish to English), (English to Spanish), (English to French).

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was quite laid back. I interviewed with 3 members of the team, and each took turns asking me various questions about my experience in regards to the responsibilities and requirements of the position.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC).

Interview

After I applied online and conducted an informal phone interview, an NDI staffer sent me a writing test. After returning my answers, apparently to the satisfaction of the staffer, I was invited to NDI's offices in downtown Washington to interview in person. The interview was friendly, congenial, and around 45 minutes in length. Two NDI staffers asked me a battery of questions to establish my interest in NDI's work, any regional-specific knowledge/skills/qualifications, and generally to identify any glaring personality defects.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job and how do you plan to progress onwards in your career?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

I was introduced to one of the Directors prior to applying. After meeting with the Director over coffee, her forwarded my information over to the decision makers, who ultimately conducted my interview. My interview was conducted over the phone by two individuals. They asked questions related to by background and experience. I had prior experience on Capitol Hill which they liked very much.

Interview Questions

• Explain your expertise working with Google docs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Overall, pretty standard. I was asked questions about my past experience, why I wanted to work at NDI, what distinguished me from other candidates. If you prep the standard interview questions you should be fine. I was able to ask lots of questions about the job and received thorough answers.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC).

Interview

Standard interview process with a super quick turnaround, because they were desperate to fill the position. Phone call followed by in person interview. Job offer made dependent on references.

They asked the basic interview questions, with a few technical questions focusing on women and tech and electoral violence.

Overall it was a good interview with two of the team members.

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute.

Interview

I learned about the position through a university listserv, and sent my application directly to the team member(s) that I would be working with.

Went through two sets on interviews with two people each. The first interview was a bit intimidating, but by the second one I knew what to expect, and it was a lot better.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer