National Head Start Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Head Start Association (South Bend, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was brief. The manager got straight to the point. Compared to others it was very easy. They were very welcoming. Met 1 on 1. Showed around the school before offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Why I chose to work with children, Any former experience, Former head start student or parent?   1 Answer

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Head Start Association (Billings, MT) in May 2013.

Interview

You interview in front of a panel of people. It's intimidating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Head Start calls the shots

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Head Start Association (Alexandria, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I sent in an application through my college's job aggregation site. I received a reply within a couple weeks asking for an interview. The interviewers (many! I wasn't expecting that but it went well!) and I connected through Skype, as I was not anywhere near the company location. We chatted, with almost all people in the room asking questions. The conversation went well and I received a couple more confirming emails and a call about my position, and I accepted!

Site Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Head Start Association in September 2011.

Interview

I feel it would be beneficial to have more situational questions - Interview is about 20 mins. for all positions even management

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was send an offer letter

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Head Start Association (Brunswick, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Manage class load 50 two people old school too much paper cover your tracks document I did not think this was for me.it is not a great place to get promoted. Favorite excel.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with difficult parents   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Wetumpka, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National Head Start Association (Wetumpka, AL) in April 2012.

Interview

It was fairly easy. They asked me if I ever worked with children before and I told them yes. There were two people in the room. One lady took notes as the other one talked to me.

Interview Questions

• If i 've worked with children.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Head Start Association (Portland, OR) in October 2009.

Interview

3 interviewers at one time. One mainly did the questioning and every once in a while another jumped in. Casual and comfortable. Gave you questions up front that they would ask you which I found helpful. I thought they were pretty laid back and welcoming. Answered all my questions. It took a month to two to receive the phone call for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as abuse?   2 Answers
    • How would you handle a situation if you saw another teacher possibly abusing a child?   1 Answer
    • Would you be comfortable teaching another language to the children?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked what I was hoping for as the price range on the company website has quite a range. Go with your gut feeling and ask away. You can always tell them it's negotiable. Recently though the salary has come down with the economy. Also at times, when one applies for a certain position, they may ask you to work a lead teacher position if they feel you have the qualification.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Head Start Association in October 2014.

Interview

Applied in Sept and got a call for an interview at the end of Oct. Be prepared to do role playing of different interactions that could happen in the class during the interview. Must have a college degree in child development and have some type of experience working with children. Ask questions about your philosophy on education and about lesson planning skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell a teacher assistant to help with a chaotic classroom   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Head Start Association (South Bend, IN).

Interview

Answered questions of my knowledge on children. They wanted to know if I would be able to work with children with disabilities, speech and or learning. Would you hit a child? Would I be able to work with children that came to me from broken homes or were they haven't eating. Would I be willing to advance my education. It was a calming interview. They didn't badger or say negatives about the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a child that s constantly hitting.   2 Answers

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National Head Start Association (Wisconsin Rapids, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

Prepare to be interviewed by a panel of people. The Director, Education Manger, Several Teachers and at least one Policy Counsel Member. Very easy questions to determine experience and how you would react in student situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a child that is doing something they shouldn't be?   Answer Question