National Health Educators Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

3.1

Physical Wellness Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Health Educators (Lansing, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

There is a 5 stage process consisting of a couple of interviews, expertise evaluation exam and references. There is a follow up inquiry where the ask more about your academic achievements and they wanted details regarding my work experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my college courses in kinesiology and my adjunct professor work.   Answer Question

Personal Fitness Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Health Educators (Aliso Viejo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

During the initial phone I was asked several questions pertaining to my personal training experience and client base. It wasn't so much my knowledge of personal training as it was the ratio of men to women and what I was most comfortable and least comfortable about training wise. I was slightly put off due to the fact that it seemed the individual conducting the interview rarely let me finish a sentence before I was asked another question. Everything I read during my research leading up to the phone interview I was planning on it lasting approximately 30 minutes. The initial interview lasted less than 8 minutes. At the end of the interview I was told I would receive an email stating whether or not I would continue in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What I was most and least comfortable with when training clients.   1 Answer

Personal Fitness Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Health Educators (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The nice thing about this company is the transparency in the hiring practices. All of the job requirements, stages and timeline is very well explained. Furthermore, my personal experience with them was exactly as described to me.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about what fitness companies you previously worked for and what types of services you offered to clients. They seemed very interested in whether or not I had a firm grip on exercise program development and injury prevention.   1 Answer

Physical Wellness Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Health Educators (Aliso Viejo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It's a basic interview process. I was scheduled to take a preliminary phone interiew but I was called into work on that day and missed my appointment. I was then contacted by the VP of HR. He was a nice guy who asked several questions and tested my knowledge of varies exercise science subjects. This was about a 3 day process and then I was required to take an expertise evaluation exam at no cost. I eventually passed that process and was offered the position very shorty after that.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions involved proving my fitness knowledge.   Answer Question

Eci Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Health Educators (Wichita, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

You have a choice of which type of phone interview you want or you can have a face to face if you live in Southern California. I was able to set an appointment for the following week. The interviewer called my as scheduled. He asked fair questions. I had some questions about the job and he transferred me to another guy who addressed my concerns. The entire process was very professional.

Interview Questions

• 1) Explain my role as a personal trainer at my gym.
      2) What are my career goals and how did I plan to achieve them?
      3) Did I have reservations relating to nutritional consultation or exercise prescription?   Answer Question

Affiliate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Health Educators (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I have not been offered a position as of yet. I was just interviewed last week. The process is typical. I made an appointment, arrived 15 minutes early and was taken through a relatively short interview. It lasted 30 minutes tops.

Interview Questions

• I was questioned about my sales figures from my current employer. They will ask you several hypotheticals relating to sales and marketing which I thought were easy.   1 Answer

PFMS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Health Educators (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Thirty minute phone interview followed by a 10-15 follow up interview. Expertise exam is required to text exercise science knowledge and professional competency. There are several levels of personnel they make you talk to and they seem to hammer you on your expertise to possibly see if you are lying or not.

Interview Questions

• Personal trainer questions relating to clientele acquisition, analysis and program prescription.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Health Educators in December 2016.

Interview

Simple 10-20 minute phone interview. Everything is outlined on the website. BUT WATCH OUT. This company uses very shady methods to screen personnel, some of these reviews are fraudulent, and I expect that the exam they require you to take is a ploy for them to make money without providing an actual service to you. After the initial phone screening NHE requires you to take a 3 hour 300 question exam that is over 50% written. NHE offers a 'study guide' with costs $195 dollars. This is a scam. Its absurd that company requires a 3 hour 300 question exam that's mainly open-ended questions to screen out candidates. I have a masters in exercise physiology, CSCS certification and I took the exam with a friend who also has a has his masters. The exam was vauge, excessively long and difficult, was impossible to finish in the given time (they even a questions about bird flu how is that remotely related to fitness?) . My friend and I were flabergasted at the extent that NHE required and both considered it to be a scam company. How can NHE attract retain qualiy personnel with this system? I have a masters with 8 years experience have published research and taking other expensive exams. The CSCS and ACSM certified exercise physiologist were tough but didn't compare to the ambiguity, poor design, and excessive nature of this NHE exam.

Notice that there is no making up the exam for portions that you missed due to time constraints and you cannot even inquire about your performance... NHE unprofessional and unreasonable screening process as well as their stipulation to purchase a $195 'study guide' leads me and other experienced professionals that NHE is scamming fitness professionals. Watch out and don't waste your time with them....

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Experience with personal training? How do you motivate clients   Answer Question

Affiliate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Health Educators (Naperville, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Straightforward process, requiring two interviews, one by phone and the other by webcam. If you apply for any type of sales position with NHE you are exempt from having to participate in the expertise exam process or the personality test. It took a week to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my sales background and also about any college course I took relating to fitness and health promotion. I also provided references from my previous employer.   Answer Question

PFMS Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at National Health Educators in December 2016.

Interview

I agree with the majority of what the anonymous poster wrote in their review on 1/29/17 about NHE. The exam version I took had very few questions regarding what I would expect a personal trainer to need to know (e.g., anatomy, skeletal system, cardiovascular system, recommended sets, reps, intensity levels, etc. for certain populations or for reaching certain goals, etc.) Besides a Kinesiology degree, I have an extensive background in fitness and wellness that includes working at a national certification company and writing and presenting curriculum for other fitness professionals, and there were exam questions that included things I have never, ever heard of in my 20 years in the industry (and wouldn't even know where to find them). As the poster on 1/29/17 mentioned, the questions were often very vague. I took the ACSM CPT exam the week after taking the NHE exam and passed with a score of 719 out of 800, so basically 90% correct, and it’s not an easy exam.
    While I do not know for sure that the job is a scam, I do believe they recruit anyone that has “fitness” listed in their resume in the hopes the individual will pay the $190 for the NHE study guide. However, it is not required to purchase it to take the exam for employment, and I chose not to. Some reviews I read said that NHE doesn’t guarantee that all answers will be in the guide, and many have purchased it and not passed.
    If you have a strong pre-med background and intensive nutrition knowledge (more like if you are a registered dietician) and are fast at typing and have very good analytical skills (for the section where it provides words and you either have to take out the one that doesn't belong and explain why, or the other section where it provides 3 words and you have to provide what they are talking about and explain why), then this test is probably a good fit for you. However, if you have been in the fitness industry for many years and have been only practicing fitness, chances are high you will not pass the test, and will not see the $190 for the study exam ever again.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your background, what clients you have previously trained, what you like most about the industry.   Answer Question