National Interstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at National Interstate

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The interview was scheduled on-site at their facility. I met with three senior developers, they asked basic OOP questions as well as a lot of background/culture type questions. The entire process lasted about two hours. It appeared that their interview process is fairly well structured, although I did have to repeat several things with the different interviewers. They got back to me within a couple days with a fair offer that was right around the median market rate for this position.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Basic questions, nothing to tricky, just make sure you read up on the company!! They value their company and make sure you are a good fit from the start. They value education, make sure you have a degree when applying or in progress with one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more. They start low

Claims Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Three 30 minute interviews; one with another supervisor, one a manager and the final a director. Very ackward interview they would ask one question and then ask for a question from me. Director was fiddling on his phone during the first two minutes of the interview very unprofessional and an immediate turn off. Withdrew from the process after that interview.

Interview Questions

• Constantly wanted me to ask them questions which had been answered   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Interstate.

Interview

Interview process is extensive and drawn out takes a few months. First you have a phone interview with HR. If they feel you are a good fit your resume will be forwarded to the hiring manager for review. They will call you in for an in person interview after the hiring manager gives their approval. You meet with a minimum of 5 people individually. Questions are not difficult. Also have to do a personality/ aptitude test.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Interstate (Cleveland, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a quick 15-20 minute phone interview with an HR representative then was brought in for two separate 30 minute interviews. The interview was casual and relaxed, there was a comfortable friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, what kind of brand would you be?
      Why National Interstate?
      What do you know about Insurance?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with HR then the manager of the department along with the lone internal auditor. All were nice and asked questions pertaining to my knowledge and abilities. However, the HR department told me they would reach a decision in 2 weeks, I have still not yet gotten an email or response and it has been 3 months.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Four department head interviews took four hours. Very thoughtful and we'll planned by Hr all four did different techniques in questions. Discussed sales techniques and execution. History of company and educated me on captive insurance.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at National Interstate in August 2012.

Interview

2 interviews almost a half year apart. managers had changed and department had reorged.Wasn't sure which department I was being interviewed for. I thought that some of the interviews were too short. Interviewed with 3 managers

Interview Questions

• More interested in sports activitites I was involved in and asked more questions about inurance company I worked at than me personally.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Vacation negotiatiated but "off the books" . Really low salaries.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Interstate.

Interview

Three to four month hiring process, first with human resources recruiter. Next steps were more than one interview, then an in person interview with at least five associates. Very friendly, nice office and enjoyed the atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position applied and interest of organization?   Answer Question

Underwriter I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Initial communication with HR was good. They were flexible with screening interviews, which mainly consisted of going over my resume. My first interview consisted of meeting with the VP's of 3 different departments. My 2nd interview consisted of a critical thinking/personality assessment and a series of 3 more meetings on a departmental level.