National Interstate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at National Interstate

2.9
HardAverageEasy
Found 33 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH)

Interview

I believe this interview was conducted just to satisfy company's policy because it was done in a rush manner, potentially someone was hired already, and I was used as a con.

Interview Questions
  • No real questions were asked, no technical questions, no questions related to my resume/background whatsoever
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at National Interstate (United States)

Interview

Smooth process, interviewed with HR on Tuesday, interviewed on Thursday with with 1 claims manager and a VP via Skype since it was a remote position. Did assessment test online that same day and got offer next day

Interview Questions
  • Discuss a difficult claim you handled and how you resolved it
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at National Interstate (United States)

Interview

The interview process was a lot. Initially I met with three managers of claims (which was a positive experience). I was told by Human Resources that she received positive feedback from the managers and would like to have me compete an online assessment. This assessment was a little rough, but was told I did great on it. I then was asked to come back for another four interviews with the higher managers. I was a little shocked because I never went through something so intense before. I felt like I had applied for a CEO position (which would have fit the interview process I went through). I had a positive experience with most of them. I left and felt I did great. I was called a few days later and told I did not get the job. I came to find out one of the managers directly contacted one of my past employers he was friends with and was given a negative review. The Human Resource department should have contacted the HR department at my past employer NOT people directly. I found this to be against company protocol and very in appropriate. Ultimately, I am glad I didn’t get the job because I want to work for a more professional employer. I just regret wasting time on almost eight interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you encountered a tough situation with a customer. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Interstate (United States)

Interview

Initial Phone Screening--I really don't have anything else to say about the process other than it was a typical phone screening but glassdoor wants 30 words so I have to type all this.

Interview Questions
National Interstate
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Interstate (United States)

Interview

phone interview and an in person interview at the office, asked basic questions your strengths and your weaknesses, great experience throughout the interview process. Felt comfortable the whole time no issues.

Application

Interview

Applied through company website. Several telephone interviews with multiple people. At least 5, maybe more calls. Process went on for weeks...then nothing for 2 weeks...then a generic email stating they were going to continue looking for someone who better fit their needs. In the end a complete waste of my time and effort.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Interstate (Cleveland, OH) in Nov 2017

Interview

Had a quick 15-20 minute phone interview with an HR representative then was brought in for two separate 30 minute interviews. The interview was casual and relaxed, there was a comfortable friendly environment.

Interview Questions
  • If you were a brand, what kind of brand would you be? Why National Interstate? What do you know about Insurance?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in Oct 2017

Interview

Good with HR communication. Got me in for interview quickly. Interviewed with RM high ups. Informal conversation. Not really traditional interview questions. Hard to guage how well I did..They were very nice men, and both younger.

Interview Questions
National Interstate
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in Aug 2017

Interview

The interviewing process took from August 21-November 8. This was the longest interviewing process I had experienced. I would hardly ever get updated unless I reached out and I still wouldn't hear back for days after. I first had a phone interview then was asked to come in and meet with three people. I felt the interview went great and got great feedback. I didn't hear anything for a few weeks so I reached out. Then I was contacted to speak with the HR Director, again a few weeks went by so I reached out then in my email I received a Personality test (2 hours) to take. Did that right away and again didn't hear anything. A couple of weeks later got a call from HR to talk salary. Was told I was a front runner. Then got a call a couple of weeks later that I needed to come and meet with the CEO and again with the CFO. Was told she was worried I was moving along on other interviews with other companies and would make a decision soon. Probably 3-4 weeks went by I reached out via email, about a week after was emailed back and said they just finished up with other candidates (even though I was told was down to me and 1 other) and she would get with me by Friday. I heard back on Wednesday the following week that they decided to go with someone else. I have never had such an unprofessional interview experience in my life.

Interview Questions
  • to look in her office and tell her how I can fix the mess
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Interstate (United States)

Interview

Three to four month hiring process, first with human resources recruiter. Next steps were more than one interview, then an in person interview with at least five associates. Very friendly, nice office and enjoyed the atmosphere.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in the position applied and interest of organization?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 33