National Interstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Interstate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Interstate.

Interview

Interview process is extensive and drawn out takes a few months. First you have a phone interview with HR. If they feel you are a good fit your resume will be forwarded to the hiring manager for review. They will call you in for an in person interview after the hiring manager gives their approval. You meet with a minimum of 5 people individually. Questions are not difficult. Also have to do a personality/ aptitude test.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Interstate.

Interview

The Interview was lengthy and no feedback was provided. Interview went well, not sure what they were looking for. Appeared to be looking for someone with experience in that specialty field only.

Claims Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Three 30 minute interviews; one with another supervisor, one a manager and the final a director. Very ackward interview they would ask one question and then ask for a question from me. Director was fiddling on his phone during the first two minutes of the interview very unprofessional and an immediate turn off. Withdrew from the process after that interview.

Interview Questions

• Constantly wanted me to ask them questions which had been answered   Answer Question

Risk Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Interstate in August 2016.

Interview

A very odd experience. I applied to the position after a recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. The recruiter had said via her message that "I thought you would be a great fit!" But her demeanor was anything but cheerful . . . or professional.

The telephonic interview started OK. The she asked me what I did. I proceeded to tell her. A few words in, she cut me off to tell me what she thought I did. I corrected her, politely mind you, but I could tell she had lost interest.

In addition, I had no idea what the company's expectation were for me. The recruiter said I would be based on the West Coast, have a roster of clients and would be autonomous. And that was basically about it. There was no elaboration on how I'd reach out to these clients (e-mail, phone), if there was a schedule or log I should follow, if a claim or other event (i.e. auto accident) would prompt a response from me. Nothing more.

I asked four or five questions of the recruiter to try to extract information and learn more about the position, but her one-line responses were no insightful. The last half of the interview was like pulling teeth. Finally, I gave up, said I had no more questions. She did me the courtesy of thanking me for my time (which surprised me due to her lack of professionalism).

Not surprisingly, I received a template e-mail the following week advising that I had been passed over for the job. Good thing too, because it saved me the trouble of contacting them to remove myself as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your position.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

I had a web interview, it was for a remote position. The overall process was different. I felt the interview went well. They told me a decision would be made within the week and I never heard back.

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH).

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, three consecutive in person interviews, etc...There is supposed to be a call back point with the nod to move on for a final with the CEO or a decline. Unfortunately it's at this stage where the communication became thin. The recruiter never contacted me at the milestone dates she provided and I simply got tired of calling. If they can't deliver a turn down, or can't handle the decision process to get to a Yes/No point, I would hate to see how getting anything else done pans out.

Interview Questions

• How do handle not having all the data or processes readily available to you?   1 Answer

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH).

Interview

First there was the 1:1 phone screen. then there was what they called "Group/Panel Testing and Skills Review and a Personality Quiz. Once that was completed there was Drug Testing and IQ Testing, and what appeared to be other Background Checking before my actual Presentation face to face interviews with HR, miscellaneous management, and specific hiring management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much if any room to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair. He suggested I apply for a underwriter position. I was later called by a different recruiter asking if I would be wiling to interview for a claims adjuster position. On Interview day, I went to the HR department and met 2 other candidates applying for different positions. I was suppose to have four 30 minute 1on1 interviews with 3 supervisors and an AVP. One of the supervisors and AVP were not able to meet due to scheduling conflicts. They grabbed another supervisor so I was able to Interview with three people.The Interviews themselves were average. Each person tries to do something different but they were basically the same questions. I was told at the end of my last interview that I would interview with the AVP during the second round of interviews. However, I decided the position was not the right fit for me and discontinued with the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What do you know about the company?, etc   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Interstate (Cleveland, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was very long. Included testing and 3 separate interviews that were spread out over more than 2 weeks. The recruiter kept telling me she was confident that they'd hire me so I turned away other interviews/offers. In the end, there was no explanation as to why they did not make an offer. She reconfirmed that she knew they really liked me. None of it made s lot of sense.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The interview was scheduled on-site at their facility. I met with three senior developers, they asked basic OOP questions as well as a lot of background/culture type questions. The entire process lasted about two hours. It appeared that their interview process is fairly well structured, although I did have to repeat several things with the different interviewers. They got back to me within a couple days with a fair offer that was right around the median market rate for this position.