National Interstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Interstate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2017

Risk Management IGNITION Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Good with HR communication. Got me in for interview quickly. Interviewed with RM high ups. Informal conversation. Not really traditional interview questions. Hard to guage how well I did..They were very nice men, and both younger.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about national interstate and captives?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process took from August 21-November 8. This was the longest interviewing process I had experienced. I would hardly ever get updated unless I reached out and I still wouldn't hear back for days after. I first had a phone interview then was asked to come in and meet with three people. I felt the interview went great and got great feedback. I didn't hear anything for a few weeks so I reached out. Then I was contacted to speak with the HR Director, again a few weeks went by so I reached out then in my email I received a Personality test (2 hours) to take. Did that right away and again didn't hear anything. A couple of weeks later got a call from HR to talk salary. Was told I was a front runner. Then got a call a couple of weeks later that I needed to come and meet with the CEO and again with the CFO. Was told she was worried I was moving along on other interviews with other companies and would make a decision soon. Probably 3-4 weeks went by I reached out via email, about a week after was emailed back and said they just finished up with other candidates (even though I was told was down to me and 1 other) and she would get with me by Friday. I heard back on Wednesday the following week that they decided to go with someone else. I have never had such an unprofessional interview experience in my life.

Interview Questions

• to look in her office and tell her how I can fix the mess   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Interstate.

Interview

Three to four month hiring process, first with human resources recruiter. Next steps were more than one interview, then an in person interview with at least five associates. Very friendly, nice office and enjoyed the atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position applied and interest of organization?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Interstate.

Interview

Interview process is extensive and drawn out takes a few months. First you have a phone interview with HR. If they feel you are a good fit your resume will be forwarded to the hiring manager for review. They will call you in for an in person interview after the hiring manager gives their approval. You meet with a minimum of 5 people individually. Questions are not difficult. Also have to do a personality/ aptitude test.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Interstate.

Interview

The Interview was lengthy and no feedback was provided. Interview went well, not sure what they were looking for. Appeared to be looking for someone with experience in that specialty field only.

Claims Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Three 30 minute interviews; one with another supervisor, one a manager and the final a director. Very ackward interview they would ask one question and then ask for a question from me. Director was fiddling on his phone during the first two minutes of the interview very unprofessional and an immediate turn off. Withdrew from the process after that interview.

Interview Questions

• Constantly wanted me to ask them questions which had been answered   Answer Question

Risk Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Interstate in August 2016.

Interview

A very odd experience. I applied to the position after a recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. The recruiter had said via her message that "I thought you would be a great fit!" But her demeanor was anything but cheerful . . . or professional.

The telephonic interview started OK. The she asked me what I did. I proceeded to tell her. A few words in, she cut me off to tell me what she thought I did. I corrected her, politely mind you, but I could tell she had lost interest.

In addition, I had no idea what the company's expectation were for me. The recruiter said I would be based on the West Coast, have a roster of clients and would be autonomous. And that was basically about it. There was no elaboration on how I'd reach out to these clients (e-mail, phone), if there was a schedule or log I should follow, if a claim or other event (i.e. auto accident) would prompt a response from me. Nothing more.

I asked four or five questions of the recruiter to try to extract information and learn more about the position, but her one-line responses were no insightful. The last half of the interview was like pulling teeth. Finally, I gave up, said I had no more questions. She did me the courtesy of thanking me for my time (which surprised me due to her lack of professionalism).

Not surprisingly, I received a template e-mail the following week advising that I had been passed over for the job. Good thing too, because it saved me the trouble of contacting them to remove myself as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your position.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

I had a web interview, it was for a remote position. The overall process was different. I felt the interview went well. They told me a decision would be made within the week and I never heard back.

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH).

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, three consecutive in person interviews, etc...There is supposed to be a call back point with the nod to move on for a final with the CEO or a decline. Unfortunately it's at this stage where the communication became thin. The recruiter never contacted me at the milestone dates she provided and I simply got tired of calling. If they can't deliver a turn down, or can't handle the decision process to get to a Yes/No point, I would hate to see how getting anything else done pans out.

Interview Questions

• How do handle not having all the data or processes readily available to you?   1 Answer

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Interstate (Richfield, OH).

Interview

First there was the 1:1 phone screen. then there was what they called "Group/Panel Testing and Skills Review and a Personality Quiz. Once that was completed there was Drug Testing and IQ Testing, and what appeared to be other Background Checking before my actual Presentation face to face interviews with HR, miscellaneous management, and specific hiring management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much if any room to negotiate