National Life Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Life Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.0

IT Role Interview

Interview

The interview process very organized and professional. I was especially impressed and found very helpful the feedback. That is unusual these days and I think speaks to my overall feeling of National Life, which I found to have a good, small company feel but also possess an energy about the possibilities in the future.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Life Group in January 2017.

Interview

The first part was a phone interview with someone from HR. The second interview was with the hiring manager. After that I heard nothing for two weeks. I e-mailed HR for a status update and was ignored. Interviewing by no means guarantees a person the job, but it entitles them to some communication of their status. I guess I dodged a bullet considering the lack of professionalism displayed by the company.

Interview Questions

• Technical skills. What about the position interested me.   Answer Question

National Life Group Response

Mar 7, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. Please call me directly at (802) 229-7165 to discuss at your convenience. This is certainly not how we wish to represent ourselves and certainly not how we ... More

Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Life Group (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round of Quantitative Research intern with HR.The second round of Quantitative Research intern is with portfolio managers. The first round is just basic and general questions. Second round will include professional things.

Technology Management Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Life Group.

Interview

Definately a thorough a long process. HR phone screen, followed by another HR phone screen, followed by preliminary tech interview with hiring manager, followed by tech interview with tech peer. Followed by face to face interviews, 8 folks over the course of one day. Each person from differing departments with differing objectives and opinions. Was actually impressed with the culture of the organization as well as the thoroughness of the interview process. Was surprised after a 2+ month process to be told at the end that my skills and technologies did not match what they were looking for. I would have thought if that was indeed the case, that I would never have made it to the face to face. But feedback is a lost art form and something many companies won't take the time to offer or cannot because of legal reasons.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavior and cultural questions. Resume walk through.   Answer Question

National Life Group Response

Jul 26, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

I welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. Please contact me @ (802) 229-7165 or email me at mriley@nationallife.com.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Life Group in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a very short phone screening, then a longer video-conference interview (due to distance). Based on what I've heard from others, interviews are usually done on-site in the office rather than over Skype Business. I had received an offer by the end of the week, so it was a very short turnaround time. Both of the interviewers were friendly and the interview process was not very stressful.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Life Group.

Interview

Applied online through website. Got a HR call after more than a month. The HR call was basic. Afterwards had an interview with the Hiring manager. The interview contained basic behavioral questions and resume walk through. Only touched upon some technologies mentioned in the resume. Overall easy interview with some moderate questions mixed in.

Anonymous Employee in Montpelier, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at National Life Group (Montpelier, VT) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone call that led to an on-site interview. Did not receive first position interviewed for, but stayed in contact and eventually landed another position. The talent acquisition associate was very difficult to work with and did not place me where I was trying to get placed.

Interview Questions

• Classic interview questions. Applications of what you've learned, strengths weaknesses etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Life Group in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with hiring staff. Asked some basic softball questions and then talked a lot about group work and how the interns have the group project throughout the summer. People were very nice but it's important to stress that you like group work!!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle constructive criticism?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montpelier, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Life Group (Montpelier, VT) in April 2015.

Interview

Smooth, relaxing and welcoming. The welcome at the front door is a little intimidating at first, but the recruiter is a very easy person to talk to so it was comfortable.

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Life Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was very easy to pass their one time interview. I talked to the office manager and was asked some questions and why I want to choose insurance industry. Since I have life insurance license, they let me joined their some training class at first then I decide I want to work with them.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any life insurance sales experience before?   1 Answer