National Life Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at National Life Group

2.5

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Life Group (Burlington, VT) in March 2012.

Interview

The process was well planned and clear. They provided an agenda, made arrangements for lodging and the site was comfortable and amendable to the interview process. There is nothing more I would add.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask many questions other than the basics. The interviewers did most of the talking -primarily telling me how lucky one would be to work at National Life. They would have benefited from a more structured interview containing targeted behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Life Group in January 2017.

Interview

The first part was a phone interview with someone from HR. The second interview was with the hiring manager. After that I heard nothing for two weeks. I e-mailed HR for a status update and was ignored. Interviewing by no means guarantees a person the job, but it entitles them to some communication of their status. I guess I dodged a bullet considering the lack of professionalism displayed by the company.

Interview Questions

• Technical skills. What about the position interested me.   Answer Question

National Life Group Response

Mar 7, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. Please call me directly at (802) 229-7165 to discuss at your convenience. This is certainly not how we wish to represent ourselves and certainly not how we treat candidates. We're thrilled you were interested in a position with us--my sincere apologies!

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Life Group (Addison, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Video interview with prerecorded questions (5-8) with time limits. This was done through "WePow". Contacted by email and given 4 days to complete. Entry level job so the interview was sort of impersonal.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montpelier, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Life Group (Montpelier, VT) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received an email quickly about coming in to complete an in-person interview. The interview took approx. 45 minutes, and I received an email an hour after the interview making an offer. I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Montpelier, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at National Life Group (Montpelier, VT) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone call that led to an on-site interview. Did not receive first position interviewed for, but stayed in contact and eventually landed another position. The talent acquisition associate was very difficult to work with and did not place me where I was trying to get placed.

Interview Questions

• Classic interview questions. Applications of what you've learned, strengths weaknesses etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Life Group in November 2017.

Interview

A brief phone screening, followed by a 20 minute skype interview. Simple questions- they just want hard workers and nice people. Look out for biggest strengths, weaknesses, resume run-down followed by quick turnover for offers.

Anonymous Employee in Montpelier, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Life Group (Montpelier, VT) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was efficient and overall pleasant. The talent acquisition team answered all of my questions in a timely and sufficient manner. The managers of the position I was interning for were friendly and polite and very accommodating with scheduling, which was great as a current college student. They were very enthusiastic about the intern program as well.

Interview Questions

• How would your current or former coworkers describe you in three words?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was in the cafeteria, and was a group event. One or two managers were at each table to interview you, and if you had multiple interviews, you just changed tables. I liked the format, because it made it seem much more relaxed and social.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Life Group in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a very short phone screening, then a longer video-conference interview (due to distance). Based on what I've heard from others, interviews are usually done on-site in the office rather than over Skype Business. I had received an offer by the end of the week, so it was a very short turnaround time. Both of the interviewers were friendly and the interview process was not very stressful.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Life Group in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with hiring staff. Asked some basic softball questions and then talked a lot about group work and how the interns have the group project throughout the summer. People were very nice but it's important to stress that you like group work!!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle constructive criticism?   1 Answer